+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Another Gho question.

Assuming Gho can "multiply" or "regenerate donor"

how many grafts would a nw6 need from him to have a full head of hair? or at least the appearance of a full head of hair.

you need 80-100 hairs per cm2, thats only 50% original density but considered enough to pull off illusion of density
    with HSTs 1.35 hairs / graft you need 60-70 hst grafts per cm2 x 200-250cm2

12 000 -17500 hst grafts

of course if you are lucky enough to get 2.5 hair/graft as they advertize you ll need much less grafts

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    you need 80-100 hairs per cm2, thats only 50% original density but considered enough to pull off illusion of density

12 000 -17500 hst grafts

of course if you are lucky enough to get 2.5 hair/graft as they advertize you ll need much less grafts
    I'm pretty sure 50 hairs per cm2 gives illusion of full density..

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post

12 000 -17500 hst grafts

12,000-17,500 grafts is also for a complete NW6/7 as well. Keep in mind many of us are still NW2,3,4 and we'd require much less than that. For myself, im an NW3 with thinning but if I can get about 1,400 for my hairline and temples and another 3,000+ for vertex and crown to fill density, I'd be back to normal. Essentially, I'd be well off with 2 procedures at 1,800 grafts each (much like Wesley Snejder). Considering it took me 10 years to get to this stage, I wouldnt need another procedure for a long time... and by that time, Aderans or Histogen would be on the market, possibly Replicel or even a PGD2 topical treatment or better year.... Dr. Lauster work being turned into a treatment (he's already been able to culture follicles, so basically we already have a working cure).

We've got a lot to look forward to

http://www.baldingblog.com/2012/07/2...e-100-density/

Q:
    I was also wondering how many hairs per square cm you would (theoretically) need to achieve the illusion of 100% density. 50%, 75%, 90%? Generally speaking of course.

A:
    'Well, if an average Caucasian male has 200 hairs per square centimeter, and 50% of this density can be perceived as normal density, you can say 100 hairs per square centimeter can achieve the fullness. But it really all depends on your hair color, skin color, hair length, hair texture, hair style, etc.

For example, if you have 100 hairs per square centimeter and you have black hair on white skin with a short, straight hair cut, it will not even look close to a fullness enjoyed by someone with 25 hairs per square centimeter, but with black hair, dark skin and long curly hair. My point is, to achieve the maximum illusion of density, it isn’t just strictly about the numbers. Hair color, character, and style are also very important factors'

what about this?

http://www.***************/hair-tran...ation-surgery/

Really, 200 hairs per cm2 seems a lot, 100 seems quite realistic.

If HST can achieve this, on a full head, that's awesome... I guess they need injection at this level of density.

I'm aware that Hasci advertise 2.5 hairs per graft somewhere, perhaps on their website? I can't remember now.

But I also seem to remember Hasci changing this to 2 hairs per graft (average of course). Can anyone confirm this? It was either in a Gho interview or forum member or perhaps on his Indonesian version of his website.

And we know Didi thinks it's closer to 1.35. Which is fine if that is the case.

To be honest even if it was 1.1 grafts. I wouldn't be too unhappy.

Hellouser also makes a good point. They have re-extracted grafts from my donor, so theoretically you can start with a 2 hair grafts in your donor of which this 2 hair grafts grows back perfectly (not always!) and in the recipient you get 1.35 each time.
    So in the recipient from a 2 hair graft you have grown 2.70 hairs in the recipient.
    2+2.70 = 4.7
    Net growth of 2.7.

BTW this is the positive way of looking at that 1.35 figure.

I'm not denying any other theories.

edit: I'll put up all the photos which have been requested recently in the next 2 or 3 hours.

Here is a recipient pic showing my first HST after approx 18 months and my 2nd HST after about 12 months.

The first HST is more or less in the center of the photo (hairs facing downwards).

Second HST is at the top of the photo, vast majority easy to see by the change in hair direction.

I haven't done a count to see how close Didi's 1.35 is, but feel free.

It's also worth noting that there are actually quite a few 1 hair grafts in the donor area, (more 2 hair grafts than 1) so we can't assume all the grafts placed into the recipient are 2 hair grafts. You just have to look in the area below my 1st HST native hair area to see plenty of those.

1st and 2nd HST recipient close ish

The next photo shows my entire recipient from further away from the front view, the 3rd HST is still in the very early stages, 7 weeks today, however I've retained maybe 30% of grafts, but I'm not even thinking about that area until another 6 weeks at least.
    Week 7 view of recip area

This last photo is just a reminder of where I started before this journey
    18 months ago before I started HST

Hasci have also increased their maximum number of grafts per day from 2520 to 3000 on their website.

That has to be good news, however we're still to hear about a single person having more than 1800 done.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    It's also worth noting that there are actually quite a few 1 hair grafts in the donor area, (more 2 hair grafts than 1) so we can't assume all the grafts placed into the recipient are 2 hair grafts.
    This is a close-up snippet from your donor area...

...and there are lots of 1-hair grafts everywhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gc-donor-snippet.jpg

Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	19691