+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HARIRI View Post
    Desmond84, What if Histogen success and Aderans fails? Will it be a problem to us? I think they are having almost similar roles? Just wondering!!!
    At that point we kidnap Dr. Roland Lauster from Berlin and force him to cultivate our own hair follicles. Lauster has been sitting on the holy grail for 2+ years already.

Aderans will be out q1 2015 if everything goes to plan. They already applied for phase III trials, so they must have seen some good results in their phase II tests.

If they can cultivate the cells from the 1st 1cm/2 strip, why would they need another 1cm/2 strip? Why not just use the same original batch and inject again? Also, why not go for repeat treatments if yield is low? So lets say we get 30% regrowth from the first round of injections another 15% from a second rate 3 months later? (obviously im guessing and making up numbers).

Why couldnt further injections be done with Aderans?

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Aderans will be out q1 2015 if everything goes to plan. They already applied for phase III trials, so they must have seen some good results in their phase II tests.
    How do you know they applied for phase iii?

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post
    How do you know they applied for phase iii?
    It was in a quote from an interview in another thread...I believe it was actually brought up in the histogen thread in one of the last pages...but Aderans applied for Phase III trials in October, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    If they can cultivate the cells from the 1st 1cm/2 strip, why would they need another 1cm/2 strip? Why not just use the same original batch and inject again? Also, why not go for repeat treatments if yield is low? So lets say we get 30% regrowth from the first round of injections another 15% from a second rate 3 months later? (obviously im guessing and making up numbers).

Why couldnt further injections be done with Aderans?
    It's because we've only been able to maintain trichogenicity of DP cells (hair inducing potential) for about 6-8 weeks. After that they are useless!

Btw, one thing we don't know yet is how far apart would the injections have to be distance wise? Will we need 100s of injections like Histogen or will 20 or so be sufficient?

Quote Originally Posted by HARIRI View Post
    Desmond84, What if Histogen success and Aderans fails? Will it be a problem to us? I think they are having almost similar roles? Just wondering!!!
    I think in that case we'll definitely get to stay above baseline + hopefully 20-30% regrowth for about 3-5 years!

But I have a feeling because it doesn't address the DHT issue, it's efficacy will start to fade as MPB progresses just like Minoxidil.

Also, one thing that has surprised me about Histogen is their study design! Generally, in Phase 1/2 studies your main focus is safety, so your aim is to find the maximum tolerated dose. Hence, you would naturally start with 8 injections then 20, 30, 50, 100 etc till you find patients either complaining of side effects or the entire treatment area is covered... But they just stuck to 8 injections in a small area in all 54 trial patients!

Let's hope their next study design is a bit more thought-out or FDA will never allow them to exceed 8-10 injections per session!

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    I think in that case we'll definitely get to stay above baseline + hopefully 20-30% regrowth for about 3-5 years!

But I have a feeling because it doesn't address the DHT issue, it's efficacy will start to fade as MPB progresses just like Minoxidil.

Also, one thing that has surprised me about Histogen is their study design! Generally, in Phase 1/2 studies your main focus is safety, so your aim is to find the maximum tolerated dose. Hence, you would naturally start with 8 injections then 20, 30, 50, 100 etc till you find patients either complaining of side effects or the entire treatment area is covered... But they just stuck to 8 injections in a small area in all 54 trial patients!

Let's hope their next study design is a bit more thought-out or FDA will never allow them to exceed 8-10 injections per session!

The DHT issue *really* bothers me. I hope Aderans treatment will permanently halt hair loss, that would be HUGE. Everyguy that starts to recede would then go for a treatment with Aderans and they'd hopefully be set for life.

If Aderans does NOT prove to do this, then I guess its RU/CB for me until the next best thing....

DAMN YOU DR. LAUSTER! Guy has been sitting on the holy grail for 2+ years and we've heard nothing since!

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    The DHT issue *really* bothers me. I hope Aderans treatment will permanently halt hair loss, that would be HUGE. Everyguy that starts to recede would then go for a treatment with Aderans and they'd hopefully be set for life.

If Aderans does NOT prove to do this, then I guess its RU/CB for me until the next best thing....

DAMN YOU DR. LAUSTER! Guy has been sitting on the holy grail for 2+ years and we've heard nothing since!
    Does RU work differently than propecia. Aren't both of them 5 alpha reductase inhibitors or does RU work differently?

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Does RU work differently than propecia. Aren't both of them 5 alpha reductase inhibitors or does RU work differently?
    I'm not entirely sure, but RU is supposed to be as effective if not more effective than Finasteride. Its going to completely depend on the vehicle, coverage and dosage. According to this article; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9449168

RU is a blocker.

Considering CB is supposed to be 2-4X as effective as FIN, this should be prove to be quite the next step in fighting hair loss.... and NO SIDE EFFECTS. I'll be combining Minoxidil with RU and applying both mixed together during the day and an application of CB at night. We'll see where it gets me.