+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    Working on a strategy to move forward is not easy...
    Im really happy with my result so far and would definitely go for another HST but im still confused whether to do it this year or wait for next year to see how my hair loss progress specially since im not on fin or any dht blocker (im only using rogaine foam once aday and nizoral once aweek), and i have nw6 in the family .
    I covered the hairline and the whole frontal area in my first HST and things look good and very natural now specially since i always buzz my hair. Im afraid to thicken my frontal and then start losing my native hair very fast, i know i can always go for more HSTs but this also require time and money which i have right now but who knows what the future holds. i want things to keep looking natural... So even though i have an urge to go for another HST this year, but i know it might be wiser to wait for next year just to see how my hair loss progress and cover new areas if needed as well as thicken my frontal a bit. It's not an easy call but i hope ill make the right decision.
    Im just very grateful for now that i found about HST before going for FUE or FUT.

totally understand, and I would add, I am thinking of temporising just for the sake of seeing other new treatments of HST improvements coming in between...

And on the other hand, when you start it, you feel like filling your head with the maximum density and enjoy again a great hairline and hair cut!!!

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    totally understand, and I would add, I am thinking of temporising just for the sake of seeing other new treatments of HST improvements coming in between...

And on the other hand, when you start it, you feel like filling your head with the maximum density and enjoy again a great hairline and hair cut!!!
    Caddarik

Would you be willing to post some photos of your recipient (and donor)? I am in a similar position with slow hair loss, currently NW2, but would like to fill my temples in a bit. However I am wary about future loss so am holding back and if I do get HST I will now lower my hairline too much.

If you don't want to post photos, would you be able to say if your hair is dense, any crown loss, whether you use concealer, can you style your hair...?

Thanks in advance

You can find it all on HS, under the same user name.

I am 6 months post op, I can not tell you this right now, I need another 3 or 6 months progress, but it already looks better than before when shaved, at 6 mm I feel that the frame of my face has improved a lot, I feel a bit younger, and I know that if I was adding some in the temple and going even 5 mm lower, I would really look good in short hair.

Now for haircut, I will tell you later, when I will have one.
    I'm afraid you need more than 1800 grafts to re-enjoy styling your hair.
    The 1800 grafts will probably bring me back to the right proportion in my face with the return of my normal forehead dimension etc etc

crown is a bit weaker than donor but they said that I still have to much hair there to think about it, so I listen to them.

I might densify the front, Deborah told me that it is the most important part because even if density is lower in the crown, when you have a good strong frontal, you care a bit less.

At some point it reassured me a bit, regarding the process of getting a full head of hair.
    If Gho method was bringing for sure an almost unlimited donor, I would be so at ease, because I would do two big sessions to fix my front and then have a bit of peace to monitor my crown and fill it in slowly but surely, stress being out of the game... that would be so great.

It's true what they say, I have a friend with hairloss in crown, vertex but keeping a good fore lock and temples OK... even if hair loss is bothering also in his case, he still looks good with a 3 mm shaved head because his face did not change that much.
    A receiding hairline is another story, you look way older, just because your forehead is growing and growing, giving you this "worried guy" look... you can only shave everything and go sun tanning.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    In my opinion, potentially yes, its a reasonable assumption.
    Reasonable, but plausible?? Will a non-balding NW1 with 100cm/sq density really get up to 150cm/sq (recipient) density, if Dr. $$$$ concludes that he is a good candidate for a hair transplant!?

Hey Garethbale,

Sounds like you and me are in the same situation.
    I'm 43, had 2 transplants a while back to lower the front hairline. I'm generally happy with the results, but both surgeons put the grafts into a horse-shoe shape around the forehead, but did nothing at the temples. So, while the forehead is OK, the temples have now receded a little. I'd like to fill those in and maybe lower the forehead a little. I'm hoping 1000 grafts will be enough. I've been in correspondance with Deborah at HASCI to plan this out. I can't shave my head because I work in an office and don't want my scars to show. With HASCI, the other alternative is to grow your hair to 10 cm and they can shave strips in your donor area so it doesn't show. Unfortunately, this limits the amount to 1200 grafts, maximum. Since I live in Canada, and am not super-wealthy, I need to get the most out of each treatment with the cost of the flight and all. Lastly, I believe one should not lower the hairline too much, because having a teenage level of hair in the front will look silly when one reaches old age. Also, I'm one of those that believes a slightly receded hairline looks good in middle age; makes a man look mature and distinguished.

LT

Quote Originally Posted by LT56 View Post
    Hey Garethbale,

Sounds like you and me are in the same situation.
    I'm 43, had 2 transplants a while back to lower the front hairline. I'm generally happy with the results, but both surgeons put the grafts into a horse-shoe shape around the forehead, but did nothing at the temples. So, while the forehead is OK, the temples have now receded a little. I'd like to fill those in and maybe lower the forehead a little. I'm hoping 1000 grafts will be enough. I've been in correspondance with Deborah at HASCI to plan this out. I can't shave my head because I work in an office and don't want my scars to show. With HASCI, the other alternative is to grow your hair to 10 cm and they can shave strips in your donor area so it doesn't show. Unfortunately, this limits the amount to 1200 grafts, maximum. Since I live in Canada, and am not super-wealthy, I need to get the most out of each treatment with the cost of the flight and all. Lastly, I believe one should not lower the hairline too much, because having a teenage level of hair in the front will look silly when one reaches old age. Also, I'm one of those that believes a slightly receded hairline looks good in middle age; makes a man look mature and distinguished.

LT
    I'm in Canada as well and am thinking along the same lines, each flight to London's clinic (the closest one from Canada) is nearly $1,000 and we also need to take into consideration the consultations. Fortunately the average income in Canada is about $45k/years (without taxes) so it definitely is doable to achieve paying for a Gho procedure. Thankfully I'm above the average but the procedure is still going to put a major dent into my bank account.

Whats your correspondence been like with Deborah? I dont want to go for a consultation and pay the $1,000 flight if I dont need to. Any tips?

Hey Hellouser,

Good to meet ya.
    Deborah has been very helpful and patient with my questions, although it can take up to 3 days to hear back from her. English is clearly not her first language, so I try to avoid using any slang. In terms of the consulation, I told her I didn't have the funds to fly all the way over there so I'd to build a picture of my hair situation through lots of pictures and descriptions, and she seemed to be amenable to that.
    Is the $1000 you mentioned for the flight including return? If yes, where did you find that? The best I could find was $1500. What part of Canada are you in? I'm in Ottawa.

Quote Originally Posted by LT56 View Post
    Hey Hellouser,

Good to meet ya.
    Deborah has been very helpful and patient with my questions, although it can take up to 3 days to hear back from her. English is clearly not her first language, so I try to avoid using any slang. In terms of the consulation, I told her I didn't have the funds to fly all the way over there so I'd to build a picture of my hair situation through lots of pictures and descriptions, and she seemed to be amenable to that.
    Is the $1000 you mentioned for the flight including return? If yes, where did you find that? The best I could find was $1500. What part of Canada are you in? I'm in Ottawa.
    Yes, the $1,000 figure is for a round trip. I just searched on Kayak.com for the lowest prices (but also a couple months ahead of time). I'd use the site to get an idea but I find that independent travel agents can often times find you a very good deal as well. I remember a few years back seeing flights to London go for only $400-$600 (from Toronto). I live in Kitchener but work in Brampton, about 80km from Kitchener and about 40km from Toronto (central to central).

I'm thinking of taking many photographs with a history of my loss over the past 10 years and send it in, but I'd *much* rather have a consultation so I'm preparing myself to blow away the funds for the flight there and another for the actual procedure. Thankfully I have friends in London so I have a place to crash for a few days.

Default mohawk

Geoff Tate the lead singer of Queensryche did exactly that.

I have had the same idea for years.

First having a thin mohawk at the top, then gradually widening it with body hear/ bear hair.

http://www.**********************.co...ed-supply.html