+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I actually also suffer from tinnitus (somewhat mild case)... this is what I hear every second of my life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HIfqyHbKgY

No matter how loud my tinnitus gets, my hair loss affects me much worse.
    I also suffer from (mild) tinnitus. On most days I don't even notice it (unless I pay attention), but on other days, especially when my nose is clogged (like when I have a cold), it can be quite bothersome. A nasal decongestant like afrin brings relief on those days. It would be a hard call though, if I had to choose between boldness or (mild) tinnitus

Anyway I consider myself lucky when it comes to the boldness part. Money is not a problem and I haven't lost a lot of hair yet, so I'm sure I'll be able to bridge the 10-15 years with Gho. And I'm also confident there will be a cure for boldness after that. Team Tokyo has made great progress and the general stem cell research field as well, it's all just starting and we only now have people walking around with lab stem cell generated organs, who had imagined that 5 years ago !!

Here's the link to that stem cell organ article, it's 1 1/2 year ago the succeeded at it: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...grown-lab.html Team Tokyo succeeded at growing hair on a mouse. Man really I don't see with all the current successes in that area how we would not have a cure available in 15 years ... Like, when were stem cells even discovered ? I think about 15 years ago ? And now we have people walking around with stem cell generated organs. It's all going fast. At least, relatively. In 15 years a LOT can and will be achieved.

So no, I don't worry much about going bold at all ... If you're lucky to have enough money and haven't lost that much hair, you'll be fine.

and what is your strategy, Arashi?

Doesn't it bother you to think you might have to wait 15 years?
    How do you see the bridging?

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    and what is your strategy, Arashi?

Doesn't it bother you to think you might have to wait 15 years?
    How do you see the bridging?
    I think I don't need to lower my hairline any more. Just would like to increase density, I think I'll do that end of this year (first need to see the results of my previous transplants, hairs are only now, after 3 1/2 month, starting to grow back). Then maybe in 1-2 years another one for the crown and top and then maybe 3-5 years later another one. And maybe a few years after that another one, all depending on the speed of hairloss, which luckily doesn't seem to be increasing. So I'll be fine.

So no, I don't worry much about going bold at all ... If you're lucky to have enough money and haven't lost that much hair, you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

Yes but at which cost, we never know how our hairloss can accelerate...
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not a grumpy negative type, on the contrary, I just wished we could have the confirmation that Gho can really achieve the triple of what FUE can, to be able to talk about a revolution.

But you're right, I heard once that humanity double its knowledge every year since we have all these medias and speed networking.
    A part of me also believe that it can go with giant leaps, and who knows in two years already what might pop up from nowhere?

I'm really interested in your approcah for the coming years bridging because i'm in the same situation, I am 33 with a NW3 and very slow hair loss, since I did already 1800 grafts last August, I might even ask to lower a bit my hairline and temples and densify the front... My crown might be OK for another two or three or four years... I hope that then, we will already have much better options!!!!!

One of the questions i have about the gho method, is lets say i do a hst and put some hair from the back in my frontal area. After lets say 5 years a revolutionary treatment comes out that wakes up your miniaturized follicles.

Will the implanted follicles interfere with the efficiency of future treatments? In a sense when they are planted in recipient, do they damage existing ones, the dormant miniaturized ones?

Right now im i my early 20s, and my hairline is receding. I would never choose something like fut or fue because of the possible scars and donor depletion. I have seen many guys at the gym with scars from ht's.

However, from what i have seen from the evidence so far, is that hst is almost 100% scar less. I mean, just on this forum there are like 10+ individuals that had an hst done and no one had scarring or depleted looking like donor. GC had 3000 grafts and his donor looks very good, almost to good to be true.

So on my end, even if gho is not unlimited donor i am still strongly looking into it. Because the worst that can happen is that u waste like ~10k$, but if i can buy peace of mind for 2-3 years with 1 procedure it will be totally worth that money.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    One of the questions i have about the gho method, is lets say i do a hst and put some hair from the back in my frontal area. After lets say 5 years a revolutionary treatment comes out that wakes up your miniaturized follicles.

Will the implanted follicles interfere with the efficiency of future treatments? In a sense when they are planted in recipient, do they damage existing ones, the dormant miniaturized ones?
    I asked this same question to someone who's knowledge is far better than mine on male pattern baldness and he mentioned that as long as the dormant miniaturized follicles haven't been destroyed or removed, they will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I asked this same question to someone who's knowledge is far better than mine on male pattern baldness and he mentioned that as long as the dormant miniaturized follicles haven't been destroyed or removed, they will be fine.
    Hmm...? So will you one day have an abnormally or dangerously high density, some 150/cm2, if you get a HST/FU transplant now and then you some day succeed in growing out all of your "dormant" follicles underneath? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by clarence View Post
    Hmm...? So will you one day have an abnormally or dangerously high density, some 150/cm2, if you get a HST/FU transplant now and then you some day succeed in growing out all of your "dormant" follicles underneath? Huh?
    In my opinion, potentially yes, its a reasonable assumption.

Working on a strategy to move forward is not easy...
    Im really happy with my result so far and would definitely go for another HST but im still confused whether to do it this year or wait for next year to see how my hair loss progress specially since im not on fin or any dht blocker (im only using rogaine foam once aday and nizoral once aweek), and i have nw6 in the family .
    I covered the hairline and the whole frontal area in my first HST and things look good and very natural now specially since i always buzz my hair. Im afraid to thicken my frontal and then start losing my native hair very fast, i know i can always go for more HSTs but this also require time and money which i have right now but who knows what the future holds. i want things to keep looking natural... So even though i have an urge to go for another HST this year, but i know it might be wiser to wait for next year just to see how my hair loss progress and cover new areas if needed as well as thicken my frontal a bit. It's not an easy call but i hope ill make the right decision.
    Im just very grateful for now that i found about HST before going for FUE or FUT.