+ Reply to Thread

Default Grey Market Treatments

I was just wondering if anyone can fill me in on what everyone thinks in regards to efficacy of all the 'grey market' treatments people are using, there's not so much talk about them on the site but when you visit other forums there's a lot to trawl through and a lot on contradicting comments. The only one that a lot of people seem to have faith in is RU but even then it doesn't seem 100%. What about CB, ASCJ9, and OC? Last year everyone was hyped about OC but now it all seems to be RU (which has been on the grey market for years hasn't it?) And CB which as I understand hasn't yet got the right vehicle. So have ASCJ9 and OC been written off?

RU is legit. Works as good if not better than fin.
    CB results on the grey market have not been great due to not knowing the most effective vehicle for it. That may change soon.
    I personally would not bother with OC. There are better things coming that address/attack pdg2 + pde2.
    Minoxidle sulphate is good. Better than regular minox and has no irritants.
    Adenosine is good too. Won't do much on its own, but definitely a good addition to a regimen, had anti-inflammatory properties also.
    Stay tuned for certain hair growth peptides as well!

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone can fill me in on what everyone thinks in regards to efficacy of all the 'grey market' treatments people are using...

...The only one that a lot of people seem to have faith in is RU but even then it doesn't seem 100%.
    I have tried to find meaningful evidence of the efficacy of RU in treating MPB - but I could not find any legitimate evidence of anyone who actually has MPB and has benefited from using RU. Everything I can find is from guys who clearly do not even have MPB.

A meaningful example of the efficacy of RU, or any other grey market treatment, would be something from a man who is at least a Norwood IIIv. There is absolutely no question that a man who is a Norwood IIIv has MPB. Therefore if any of these grey market treatments could actually help such a man, it would be obvious that the treatment is effective in treating MPB.

RU works for me but I'm having trouble with it breaking down, even in KB solution. It's also a pain in the butt to get, takes ages to arrive. Mpbtreatments are excellent at shipping it within a couple of days but then it sits in the postal service for weeks, decaying all the while.

I have no hesitation from my research combined with my personal experience, saying that fresh RU works better than finasteride with effectively no sides. Unfortunately you have to freeze your RU powder and mix it up in KB monthly to stop it breaking down. And it still won't grow hair on slick bald scalp, so whether it's worth going to all that trouble is a matter of opinion.

CB would be perfect if we could find an appropriate vehicle. As Dan said, this may change soon, many are about to be trailed. Hopefully one will work.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    CB would be perfect if we could find an appropriate vehicle. As Dan said, this may change soon, many are about to be trailed. Hopefully one will work.
    Where are they being trialed? CB is near the top of my list of treatments I'm interested in trying but very few people seem to be trying it. I wasted so much money on OC that I'm trying to wait and see first

Quote Originally Posted by lothar99 View Post
    Where are they being trialed? CB is near the top of my list of treatments I'm interested in trying but very few people seem to be trying it. I wasted so much money on OC that I'm trying to wait and see first
    Trialed by users over at PHG, sorry if that was unclear. Varying vehicles by user. Vehicles are;

Cosmo Cream
    Cosmo Cream + Oleyl
    Oleyl + PG
    DMSO/DMI
    Injections

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Trialed by users over at PHG, sorry if that was unclear. Varying vehicles by user. Vehicles are;

Cosmo Cream
    Cosmo Cream + Oleyl
    Oleyl + PG
    DMSO/DMI
    Injections
    Ethanol/PG has been used successfully as well.