Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackbenson56
    • Jan 2013

Saw Palmetto Side Effects

I recently bought some Saw Palmetto capsules, and am experiencing testicle ache since starting it. Nothing too drastic, only an uncomfortable feeling in the area. However, I've been taking a very small amount; this week I've split one capsule in three doses across the week. Each of the capsules is 450mg.

Do you think I should lower the dose further?
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

Saw palmetto gave me gyno.

Comment

• StuckInARut
      • Aug 2012

I took Saw Palmetto for 6 months but then stopped because I thought it wasn't doing anything because I continued to shed while on it. At the beginning I had a very very slight ache in my right testicle for a couple of days but it soon went away. I never did experience anything else for the rest of the duration that I had used it for. I was off of it for a little over a month and suffice to say that I realize I should have continued instead of quitting. I've lost so much hair in just a months time it's not even funny.

If I were you I would just take 1 capsule daily. I am not sure which variety you are taking (berry or extract) but you should be using the extract comprised of 85%-95% sterols and fatty acids.

Comment

• darelg
        • Sep 2012

i started taking saw palmetto several months ago. i noticed thickening of hair and as of recently it stopped and i have noticed an increase in hair loss. i'm not sure what this means? maybe i will see a re-growth of new hair?

Comment

• jackbenson56
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by StuckInARut
          If I were you I would just take 1 capsule daily. I am not sure which variety you are taking (berry or extract) but you should be using the extract comprised of 85%-95% sterols and fatty acids.
          I'm using one which is just Saw Palmetto, rather than a Complex. Does anyone know if it would be better to get a Complex version, or perhaps to add Beta sitosterol?

Comment

• 25 going on 65
            • Sep 2010

I have read that complex is the only form of SP that might have a useful effect on hair. But if you are serious about stopping MPB you will need to use pharmaceuticals

Comment

Working...