Does retrograde alopecia mean definitely baldness?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cichlidfort
    • Jan 2013

Does retrograde alopecia mean definitely baldness?

If a person has retrograde alopecia, does that necessarily mean they are doomed for baldness?
  • baldozer
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by cichlidfort
    If a person has retrograde alopecia, does that necessarily mean they are doomed for baldness?
    What is a retrograde alopecia?

Comment

• win200
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by baldozer
      What is a retrograde alopecia?
      Retrograde alopecia is thinning of hair in the temple, sideburn, and neck areas. Sometimes it travels around the ear. It's fairly common; you'll frequently see guys with slightly see-through temple areas. There's some discussion on this thread, with pictures:

So, I pretty much have a full head of hair with a slight widows peak. I know my hair has thinned in some areas since I was 18 (23 now) but especially at the sides of my head? What's stranger is that the hair on the sides of my head, like right about the ear is a totally different type of hair. I mean, I can literally get at

If you're seeing that shedding, I would guess that you'll see some traditional MPB before too long in the usual areas.

Comment

• cichlidfort
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by win200
        Retrograde alopecia is thinning of hair in the temple, sideburn, and neck areas. Sometimes it travels around the ear. It's fairly common; you'll frequently see guys with slightly see-through temple areas. There's some discussion on this thread, with pictures:

So, I pretty much have a full head of hair with a slight widows peak. I know my hair has thinned in some areas since I was 18 (23 now) but especially at the sides of my head? What's stranger is that the hair on the sides of my head, like right about the ear is a totally different type of hair. I mean, I can literally get at

If you're seeing that shedding, I would guess that you'll see some traditional MPB before too long in the usual areas.
        Like completely bald? Also, look at my screen name and look at the op's screen name of the link you sent me haha.

Comment

Working...