Closed Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thanks all!

To answer the questions:

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    Just a questio , 2650 grafts seems too much for such small area. I know you looking for the dense look and im sure you will be thrilled with the result, but what if godforbid your hair loss progress ? Would what left in the donor be enough ?
    Dr Feriduni told me that should my hair loss advance to Norwood 3 and 4, he would only need about 600 multiple follicular unit grafts to fill in the area. I am planning on using minoxidil again after about 2 weeks, which I've had good results with at the hairline and will extend to the crown. I will also be keeping a keen eye on other products that may help, and I'm optimistic that we should have more options in the next 5-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    And would you be likely to follow up with other treatments?
    If I required further surgery down the line, I would consider more FUE, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by rugger31 View Post
    Sounds like it all went to plan hopefully be making the almost Identical journey in the Summer just from Durham instead of Newcastle. How long was it on the Euro star from London mate? It's not a bad trip Durham to London done it many a time. How have the found sleeping I really struggle to sleep on my back.
    Hi rugger31, it takes just over 2 hours to get from London to Brussels. I must admit I'm a side-sleeper, so sleeping upright is proving quite difficult. However, such is my determination to protect my grafts I can deal with getting less sleep than I'm used to.

Didn't realise one of the forum members was so close to me! Dr Feriduni mentioned he'd treated a guy from Newcastle before, so seems us North Easterners are well researched! If you have any questions or even want to meet in person, feel free to get in touch!

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    We have (or rather, you had) a very similar pattern of loss at the temples, mine ever so slightly less advanced, so it looks like Feriduni is my guy based upon your experience here and the research I've done.
    I'm glad I've helped feel free to ask any questions you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Amazing!! And great write up! However I am also curious about what you intend to do if your hair loss progresses? Do you have enough donor hair to to much more??
    Yeah, plenty of donor and I'm optimistic I will figure out a strategy to deal with further loss if it occurs. So far my loss has been very slow and has been stabilished with minoxidil, so I'm confident I should be ok for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post
    Breaking bald has just reminded me of something, you look like Aaron Paul.

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/ew/i/2012/...Aaron-Paul.jpg
    With the shaved head it seems I do! I must have a certain look that makes me resemble a whole range of celebrities

I'm glad for you bro. Looks like you chose the right man for the job. You'll be back to NW1 in no time.

So what hair style are you going to go with???

Great write up, Chris. You should consider a career in journalism!

You went to the right Dr., Feriduni does hairlines better than the best. He always produces a nice, soft, natural result with good density. I've no doubt you'll be happy with the results.

When you mentioned that he found miniaturization in the crown, you also said that "you already knew it". How did you know it - were you able to see it or was it that you could feel the difference in density?

Good luck!

Even though I'm not interested in a HT and doubt I ever will be, this was incredibly interesting and informative. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by z06guy View Post
    So what hair style are you going to go with???
    Hopefully any I want! I am a fan of quiffs though, so I'll be spiking it up as before, however, as Dr Feriduni said, I won't need to rely on growing hair longer at the sides and towards the back to create the illusion of coverage. I'll have coverage already.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    When you mentioned that he found miniaturization in the crown, you also said that "you already knew it". How did you know it - were you able to see it or was it that you could feel the difference in density?
    I could see that it was a little thinner in the back from high quality photos. I also consulted with Dr Feller in May of 2012, and he confirmed the miniaturization.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Even though I'm not interested in a HT and doubt I ever will be, this was incredibly interesting and informative. Thanks.
    I'm more than happy to have passed this on, in debt of the help from this forum I've had since I joined.

Keep the comments and questions coming!

Nice one chrisis! You've had it done! great write up, good luck with it. Shall be watching your locks grow out. How much did it cost you all in all? If I was wealthy I'd follow your footsteps. Actually didn't you take a bank loan out? Are the monthly repayments steep? Thanks!

Good Stuff Chris

I will be in the safe hands of Dr Feriduni in about 6 weeks so cant wait. And its very comforting to hear you wax lyrical about the professionalism of the whole experience.

Looking at your pics is great and your hairline is exactly the same hairline I want Hence I will be showing your pics to the great doc on my consultation day as a point of reference.

Quick question about the bandana - do u wear it over a headband to minimise the amount of contact with the grafts, or do u just put it on in a way that achieves the same result?

To be honest I couldnt give a fiddlers f##k about peeps looking at my head post surgery....if anyone asks you can always say you were involved in an accident and had some minor corrective surgery....or not

Incredible. Chris, it looks amazing. Glad everything went well, top notch write up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    How much did it cost you all in all? If I was wealthy I'd follow your footsteps. Actually didn't you take a bank loan out? Are the monthly repayments steep? Thanks!
    I did take finance, but the monthly payments are affordable. The cost for me was roughly 4 Euros per graft.

Quote Originally Posted by Jairus View Post
    Looking at your pics is great and your hairline is exactly the same hairline I want Hence I will be showing your pics to the great doc on my consultation day as a point of reference.

Quick question about the bandana - do u wear it over a headband to minimise the amount of contact with the grafts, or do u just put it on in a way that achieves the same result?
    It's a huge compliment that you want to use my photos for your consultation, so thank you for that!

The bandana is given to you the day following the procedure, and it's just to be used for personal comfort when you're out and about. If you're happy to go without using the bandana, then go for it I'd say! If you have any more questions feel free to ask; the more prepared you are, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Incredible. Chris, it looks amazing. Glad everything went well, top notch write up too.
    Thank you

I know you've been waiting for this for a while, so I bet you're glad it all done and dusted. The hairline looks great. The lost graft shouldnt matter in the long run. Now the next stage of waiting has begun!
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com