+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Mother nature is a ****ing bitch!

What kind of sick joke is this?? I am getting hairier everywhere but my head, starting to notice hairs on my back emerging

I honestly can't do this, I don't feel like same person anymore. Everyday 'right don't think about hair loss, just keep going, focus' But I just crumble as soon as I look in the mirror

The worst part is the loooong and sloooooww wait, knowing that it is only going to get worse and worse. Always wondering, when is it going to stop? How bald am I going to be? Is there ever going to be any new treatments?

I just want to be who I used to be again.

Breaking last year before Christmas I felt exactly like you and a part of me still does.

But you know what after getting the super short one, I kinda realised it's not going to be the end of the world. Yes I'll be bald, but if Im going down, Im going down fighting and trying. That includes medication, working out, etc (you know the drill lol).

You're the same age as me and from the same country so I feel I can relate to you. The bottom line is, get on a med you want and find a strategy to cope in the short to medium term (and if it means shaving no guard...then it has to be that).

First, let me say that I totally understand your pain. I lost ALL my hair by the time I was 30 and started at 22-23. Remember though, we cannot EVER control what happens TO US, but we ALWAYS have the power to control what things MEAN to us. The meaning you give it will control your focus, your emotions, your decisions and your actions.

Let's start today by changing the meaning. I'm not saying it doesn't suck...cuz I've been there and it's not pleasant. So vocabulary is crucial in this step. From here out try to use less negative emotional charging words. For example, if you routinely say "I Hate that I'm going bald"...try..."I'm peeved that I'm going bald. Sounds silly I know, but it works. Sit down, draw a line down the middle of a piece of paper and on the left side list the words you routinely use to express your current state of disappointment. On the right side of that line...for each word make up a new one...maybe even a postive to the negative which is the most transformational.

What I'm trying to offer you is to TAKE CONTROL of what you have control over...the meaning you give it. This will put you in a better state to take a more positive action towards becoming a "Hair-loss Victor", rather than a sufferer.

Also, the best way to ask questions is to pay attention to how you're forming them. For example:
    1) When is it going to stop? Change to: "What options are available to me?"

2) How bald am I going to be? Change to: "Is there anyone out there that was once where I am who has overcome this?"

3) Is there ever going to be any new treatments? Change to: "What treatments currently work well and might be good for me NOW?"

It's all about positioning yourself to be what you truly are, a powerful being that has the ability to change things. And I believe that if a simple guy like me can...you certainly can.

I hope this opens up your eyes to your strength. You're not alone in this thing and we are ALL here to help.

May this find you well and let me know if you have any questions.

Thats how the majority of us feel breaking.

I'm just having a bad day and very true BT lol. I mean seriously what is the reason for this ridiculous curse?

Breaking bald, you havent started fin yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Assemblage23 View Post
    Breaking bald, you havent started fin yet?
    Nah man, only minox. I still don't trust fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    What kind of sick joke is this?? I am getting hairier everywhere but my head, starting to notice hairs on my back emerging

I honestly can't do this, I don't feel like same person anymore. Everyday 'right don't think about hair loss, just keep going, focus' But I just crumble as soon as I look in the mirror

The worst part is the loooong and sloooooww wait, knowing that it is only going to get worse and worse. Always wondering, when is it going to stop? How bald am I going to be? Is there ever going to be any new treatments?

I just want to be who I used to be again.
    Break out the clippers and get rid of that long slow wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    Break out the clippers and get rid of that long slow wait.
    I just can't do it Kayman, I can't be that guy who was known for his awesome thick messy hair, to being 'the bald guy'. 'Oh have you seen X, he's lost all his hair', 'but he has awesome hair!'

I just can't bare it, I'm a guitar player!!! How am I meant to be a guitar god with a bald head!!! My hair was something that I was so proud of, it was something that I actually liked about myself, something that defined my appearance.