+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How can I go from that?
    To a bald guy!?
    Look at it! It was so awesome
    I'm 22 for crying out loud! I'm not meant to be bald!! I haven't even had a chance to live my youth yet and everyday it feels like my vitality is vanishing right before my eyes...
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    I just can't do it Kayman, I can't be that guy who was known for his awesome thick messy hair, to being 'the bald guy'. 'Oh have you seen X, he's lost all his hair', 'but he has awesome hair!'

I just can't bare it, I'm a guitar player!!! How am I meant to be a guitar god with a bald head!!! My hair was something that I was so proud of, it was something that I actually liked about myself, something that defined my appearance.
    Better to be the guitar player with the bald head than the one with the wispy thin hair no? Satriani,Nick Oliveri, Kerry King, Billy Corgan, Moby, Michael Stipe, Fred Durst all baldies, all good musicians with plenty of fans (maybe not Fred Durst lol). Yes the stereotypical rock star has the long locks but if its not happening its not happening, so may as well try and rock the bald musician look no? Better than being the "wispy" guitarist, or the "balding" guitarist. Just my two cents, I used to play the bass all through my twenties, unfortunately don't really get the time to do it now and the shaved head never really impeded my image or the bands image. I have a friend who still plays in a band and he's a complete slick norwood seven at age 34, he's a guitarist in a metal band and looks the part.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    LMAOOOOO. If they ever discover how to transplant ass hair, I will have a NW-1.

And damn Breaking, you had/have fantastic hair. God, I hate to see you not use treatments; slowly losing the battle and drifting away.

I know Aames, I had the kind of hair that even girls were jealous of it was beautiful. This change is too much for me to deal with. I started minox but I don't think I'll ever touch fin.

I hear ya Kayman, maybe one day...Although at least all of those musicians got somewhere with hair, even Joe Satriani had hair when he started his career.

Inactive

I know Aames, I had the kind of hair that even girls were jealous of it was beautiful. This change is too much for me to deal with. I started minox but I don't think I'll ever touch fin.

I hear ya Kayman, maybe one day...Although at least all of those musicians got somewhere with hair, even Joe Satriani had hair when he started his career.
    I was hesitant too when I was considering fin. I was thinking the same thoughts you are. Eventually, I hit a breaking point and couldn't deal with it anymore. I'm a very depressed person and being bald on top of everything would have been the end of me. Now I'm on duta and doing okay downstairs so far.

Yeah true however they didn't let it affect their integrity as muso's right? The music came first, carried on as normal and things came good. I've never heard anyone say "Man that guys music was amazing but then he went bald and I lost interest".

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    I was hesitant too when I was considering fin. I was thinking the same thoughts you are. Eventually, I hit a breaking point and couldn't deal with it anymore. I'm a very depressed person and being bald on top of everything would have been the end of me. Now I'm on duta and doing okay downstairs so far.
    I hear ya Aames, if the minox doesn't do much for me, I will probably turn to fin. I just can't live as a bald man. But I think you are mad going on dut I hope you will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    Yeah true however they didn't let it affect their integrity as muso's right? The music came first, carried on as normal and things came good. I've never heard anyone say "Man that guys music was amazing but then he went bald and I lost interest".
    Actually someone made a comment about Billy's music heading down hill after he went bald, but who knows. I get what you are saying, but image is quite important for music even though it shouldn't be

I've always felt like I knew who I was meant to be and losing my hair makes me feel like I was wrong and I don't have a chance of becoming anything. It's really sad. I don't know if I will ever be able to move past this. I'm not looking for sympathy or anything like that but it's good to get it out somehow.

Inactive

I hear ya Aames, if the minox doesn't do much for me, I will probably turn to fin. I just can't live as a bald man. But I think you are mad going on dut I hope you will be ok.
    I appreciate your concern, mate. And yeah, I definitely can't picture my life bald. I felt like the universe has taken enough from me, I can't let it take my hair/beauty as well. And yeah, part of me is worried about duta's long term effects but there's no sense in worrying about what has yet to occur or what may very well never occur. I've made my decision. Keep us updated on whatever you decide. If you do decide to go on fin, I advise you to take a break from the forums for a few weeks before starting and, for the love of all that is holy, don't go browsing propeciahelp. I'm convinced all of my initial sides from fin were a psychological result of me spending too much time on that site the night before my first dose. Feel free to drop by my duta log to see if my genitals fall off.

Actually someone made a comment about Billy's music heading down hill after he went bald, but who knows. I get what you are saying, but image is quite important for music even though it shouldn't be

I've always felt like I knew who I was meant to be and losing my hair makes me feel like I was wrong and I don't have a chance of becoming anything. It's really sad. I don't know if I will ever be able to move past this. I'm not looking for sympathy or anything like that but it's get it out somehow.
    Pretty much sums up how I am. Feel free to drop me a line if you want to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    Better to be the guitar player with the bald head than the one with the wispy thin hair no? Satriani,Nick Oliveri, Kerry King, Billy Corgan, Moby, Michael Stipe, Fred Durst all baldies, all good musicians with plenty of fans (maybe not Fred Durst lol). Yes the stereotypical rock star has the long locks but if its not happening its not happening, so may as well try and rock the bald musician look no? Better than being the "wispy" guitarist, or the "balding" guitarist. Just my two cents, I used to play the bass all through my twenties, unfortunately don't really get the time to do it now and the shaved head never really impeded my image or the bands image. I have a friend who still plays in a band and he's a complete slick norwood seven at age 34, he's a guitarist in a metal band and looks the part.
    And don't forget to include the Metal God, Mr. Rob Halford in that list, hehe!