+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Right, just started Finasteride and Minoxidil..

Ive just had my third Propecia tablet, ive got a months worth. Plus, 6 months worth of Minoxidil.
    TGel shampoo, a Hair Multivitamin and a gel by Groganics,
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAILY-TOPI...50685576261%26

My libido is fine after three days, i know its early, but no side effects thus far..
    Infact, im feeling better than usual!
    Im also saving for a hair transplant, i have mild thinning and when my hair grows it thickens out and you cannot see the thinning. But i know what lies beneath..
    Im gonna stay with this routine;
    1. Propecia, minox and multivitamin in the morning..
    2. Groganics 4 hours after minox and during the day
    3. Minox at night,

Im gonna give it a year.

Wish me luck.

ps - Whats the best kind of transplant, and whats a good price estimate for it...in the United Kingdom?????

Thanks guys,

Hi - personally i think the "groorganics" is a complete waste of time, in my opinion.

Natural herbal blends found only in the Brazilian Amazon and regulated by the FBHA to be used only to treat advance hair loss & severe thinning. These herbal extracts are available in limited quantities. You will feel the cool sensation as it freezes & blocks DHT to allow the follicle to grow thicker & stronger hair with consistent use.

Ummm, i seriously doubt it.

Best
    S
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I believe Spex is best to answer about HTs (10 procedures should speak for itself).

But Farjo based on Manchester is the guy as he's endorsed by this site? Price wise? Go for a consultation and see.

Good luck mate. If you don't get sides from the fin then personally I would just use minox and fin then perhaps add something else later. I got great results from that combo but couldn't handle the fin sides. I'm going to try it topically now for what its worth.

If you're already taking propecia try not to think about side effects. I've been on it 10 months now and I haven't had any sides. Good luck man.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Hi - personally i think the "groorganics" is a complete waste of time, in my opinion.

Natural herbal blends found only in the Brazilian Amazon and regulated by the FBHA to be used only to treat advance hair loss & severe thinning. These herbal extracts are available in limited quantities. You will feel the cool sensation as it freezes & blocks DHT to allow the follicle to grow thicker & stronger hair with consistent use.

Ummm, i seriously doubt it.

Best
    S

I agree with you...

But, it's quite cheap, im desperate....so i'll try anything and everything that might work.
    Im thinking its a numbers game, the more products i try the more chance one might react well for me.
    As a side note, the gel smells nice..lol, and has a nice firm hold.
    But I concur, its probably useless for hair growth.

Fin side effects can take years to kick in and often men will just assume that being tired etc is an effect of life rather than the propecia!

Depends on the amount of surgery you need but the place in Manchester will charge anything between 15 - 35k depending on size of procedure and number of revisits required. They have a very good reputation.

Dont go for the strip surgery as if you get bald later in life (as you might despite all your efforts) and shave your head you will have a railway line running horizontally across the back of your head. There are a number of Australasians wandering around who look like this following poor surgical advice and substandard Doctors.

Dont overdo the Minoxidil either as it can give you palpitations and affect your blood pressure - just go easy on the stuff and put it where you need it, i.e. the receding parts or where its thin on top.

Good luck.

NB - people are all different and respond differently, but for what its worth it took about 12 months to see a reasonable difference and about 2 years to have a notable improvement using the same regimen you are on. Year 3 it looked amazing. It doesnt happen overnight but the biggest improvement is likely to be at the 18 month mark (in comparison to week 1). Year 6 onwards the propecia side effects really kicked in...

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Hamilton View Post
    Fin side effects can take years to kick in and often men will just assume that being tired etc is an effect of life rather than the propecia!

Depends on the amount of surgery you need but the place in Manchester will charge anything between 15 - 35k depending on size of procedure and number of revisits required. They have a very good reputation.

Dont go for the strip surgery as if you get bald later in life (as you might despite all your efforts) and shave your head you will have a railway line running horizontally across the back of your head. There are a number of Australasians wandering around who look like this following poor surgical advice and substandard Doctors.

Dont overdo the Minoxidil either as it can give you palpitations and affect your blood pressure - just go easy on the stuff and put it where you need it, i.e. the receding parts or where its thin on top.

Good luck.

NB - people are all different and respond differently, but for what its worth it took about 12 months to see a reasonable difference and about 2 years to have a notable improvement using the same regimen you are on. Year 3 it looked amazing. It doesnt happen overnight but the biggest improvement is likely to be at the 18 month mark (in comparison to week 1). Year 6 onwards the propecia side effects really kicked in...
    I think its more probable that you were born with lower than normal levels of male testosterone...just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by stamina123 View Post
    I think its more probable that you were born with lower than normal levels of male testosterone...just a thought...
    Wrong.

Higher levels of testosterone (specifically the DHT element - there are a number of types of testosterone), is responsible for MPB and hair loss, not lower levels as you suggest. If I were born with lower levels I'd have hair like Shaggy off Scooby Doo...

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Hamilton View Post
    Wrong.

Higher levels of testosterone (specifically the DHT element - there are a number of types of testosterone), is responsible for MPB and hair loss, not lower levels as you suggest. If I were born with lower levels I'd have hair like Shaggy off Scooby Doo...
    I meant, possibly not enough testosterone to compensate for any sexual fin side effects.

But hey, maybe you're right, in regards to side effects.

But forgive me for not wanting to listen to you, ok?

Ive set my mind on retrieving some hair, ive heard and read lots on propecia side effects and have made my decision.
    In one years time, i will respond to YOU specifically, i promise you that, and we'll see how it goes.
    I know you say the sides take years to to present themselves, but in all honesty ive been on worse medication than finasteride. So im not worried.
    Most of the guys crying about fin are teenage boys that havent tried anything harder than Ibuprofen, im almost 30 and have lived a little.

Spare me the nonsensical fear mongering.

Have a nice day.