is there a day that you dont think about baldness?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DannyBoyy7
    • Sep 2012

I use to think about it but i dont no more i get to the point sometimes where i grow my hair out now (when i cant be arsed to shave it) looks stupid but dont care.

Comment

• Exodus
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by DannyBoyy7
      I use to think about it but i dont no more i get to the point sometimes where i grow my hair out now (when i cant be arsed to shave it) looks stupid but dont care.
      I used to worry about it 10 fold, but like you I just buzz it and live life. I will be sly bald sooner rather then later, but at least this way Im semi-prepared.

Comment

• DannyBoyy7
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Exodus
        I used to worry about it 10 fold, but like you I just buzz it and live life. I will be sly bald sooner rather then later, but at least this way Im semi-prepared.

Exactly dude i didnt think i ever grow my hair out again though i thought my hair cut will always be a buzzcut 1...guess not i shouldnt grow it out though it does look horrible lol but who cares.

Comment

• Exodus
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by moore
          From the day I started to spot thinning I can't remember a day where I was proud of my hair. Plus, when I read hair news, new bad ideas and misconceptions comes:

Take it easy Bill. Of course you have hair so you don't care much about our plague.

Not to offend anyone, but baldness does not make anyone look better. It's a statement so sad it makes me think we will never truly defeat baldness for what it is, a genetic mistake.

And what about this?

"10% of voters suggested warm showers could be the cause of baldness"
          I don't believe it.
          No disrespect to Arab voters, but if 10% think warm showers causes baldness, it probably explains why the middle east may have the amount of problems it does...

Comment

• mmmcoffee
            • Oct 2012

I am a NW2 in shape, but the corners of my hairline are thinning pretty badly to a NW3 or worse. I keep my hair somewhat longer, 1-2 inches, as it covers all of the thinning up, but I have to comb it a certain way. So, its always on my mind because a gust of wind or someone touching my hair ****s it all up. Im on the big three and am semi-confident ill keep this head of hair for a while, and its still on my mind a lot. definitely affecting my confidence despite having a seemingly full head of hair

Comment

• Proper
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Exodus
              No disrespect to Arab voters, but if 10% think warm showers causes baldness, it probably explains why the middle east may have the amount of problems it does...
              Haha. I would think they have bigger problems than baldness.

Comment

• sausage
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Proper
                Haha. I would think they have bigger problems than baldness.
                They tend to wear those white gowns which cover their heads so they shouldn't worry.

Comment

• Exodus
                  • Nov 2012

I think he meant more along the lines of having stability in their nation, food, jobs, security, functioning governments etc. MPB is probably on the bottom of the pile.

Comment

• BaldJerry
                    • May 2012

Sometimes I wonder if Joe from Staten Island is right and it is better to just be female.

Comment

• Henkeh91
                      • Apr 2013

I've been losing hair for about 5 years and haven't really cared that much about it the 4 first years. It's the last year or even the last couple of months that have been like hell (realized that I'm actually going bald).

I have lost alot of hair the last year that it's not even possible to hide the hair loss anymore. It might be 1-2 hours a day when I'm not thinking about my hair loss. I even think about it at nights which has ruined my sleep.

I guess time will make everything better.

Comment

• Artista
                        • Apr 2010

My hair began receding in my very late 20s. Until I was in my late 40s , my hair was not a BIG issue for me. During those 20+ years I still maintained a fairly 'full' head of hair. Meaning that I didn't have any bald spots and although my hairline receded, it was still a decent hairline.
                        My late 40s brought the major thinning of my hairline AND the balding crown which has progressed to this day.
                        Since my late 40s -there is NOT a day in which i am not concerned or do not think about my hair loss!!
                        As i have told 'Joe from Staten' many times, the only treatment that would truly help me at this point in my life would be that of a HT.
                        I would never consider a hair piece because i KNOW ME.
                        Neither am I looking for perfection which would be an image of full head of hair.
                        I am only looking for a REALISTIC improvement to my hair.
                        I want to feel comfortable in my own skin. This is a good thread topic you had started 'Baldy1990' thanks.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                          • Jan 2011

No, no way. I think about it everyday.

Comment

• StayThick
                            • Oct 2012

Hairloss prevents me from being productive. I'm here sitting at work ravaging through a baldness forum.

It's on my mind EVERY MINUTE of the day. I long for the day I can have my hair back.

Comment

• Fixed by 35
                              • Mar 2010

It normally bothers me once a day, getting ready in the morning. Today it's bothering me more, it tends to annoy me more a couple of times a month!

I've been noticeably balding now for nearly 10 years and I can honestly say hate it just as much now as ever; I really don't know how people with shaved heads can ever feel truly comfortable in their own skin (although to be honest the fashion choices of a large number of them, including football shirts, is a bit of a giveaway).

That said, there's a lot of things I don't like and my general approach is to try and ignore them. Certainly trying to ignore my looks makes me a lot more relaxed than ****ing about with razor blades and gym equipment. It also makes logical sense to concentrate on something I can do well, rather than trying to look good, which I can't.

Comment

• Shan
                                • Feb 2013

Only when I don't come on the forum and taking Fin every night reminds me

Comment

Working...