+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Red face Not a single one

From the day I started to spot thinning I can't remember a day where I was proud of my hair. Plus, when I read hair news, new bad ideas and misconceptions comes:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...a-8536988.html

Take it easy Bill. Of course you have hair so you don't care much about our plague.

Not to offend anyone, but baldness does not make anyone look better. It's a statement so sad it makes me think we will never truly defeat baldness for what it is, a genetic mistake.

And what about this?
    http://www.arabtimesonline.com/NewsD...s/Default.aspx

"10% of voters suggested warm showers could be the cause of baldness"
    I don't believe it.

I'd say I think about my hair every single day, because I look at it and style it after every shower.

I only worried about my hair a couple times a week before treatment, and frankly I almost never "worry" about it now that I've started fin. I'm hesitant to even use the word "worry" now, because it's more of just a basic consciousness.

I've said this way too many times, but I'll bore you all with it again: once the itch from my scalp was gone, my worry was gone. Maybe it's irrational, maybe it's unjustified, but something in my head just switched over when the itch was gone. The itch was that elbow nudge in my side and that voice saying "hey, hey, man.. hey, you're going bald.. hey, this is the feeling of your hair follicles being strangled.. problem?". The itch no longer "speaks to me", except after the occasional intense workout, but even then my endorphins are on high, so I'm not even worried.

I question whether or not I would have this peace of mind right now, if I hadn't started a real treatment. I like to tell myself I have the mental fortitude to make it as a bald guy, but I really don't want to ever have to find out.

I have been balding for over 10 years now and I have thought about it every single day....probably even at least once an hour for every hour of those 10 years. I am constantly reminded of it......

-Mirrors, reflections.

-Photos.

-Other bald people.

-Being around people that take the piss out of me.

-Being around people who talk about hair related things, particularly a friends or colleagues new hair cut.

-The cold weather, the top of my head feels cold and weird.

-The hot weather, the top of my head gets burnt.

-When I see a hot girl that I like and I think 'should I ask her out' but then think 'no, I am bald, she won't like me'.

-Feeling conscious generally but especially when meeting new people as you know they are judging your hair. Also meeting old friends can be embarrassing as it is a shock to you.

All of this combined leads to daily negativity and thinking 'if only I had hair'.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I have been balding for over 10 years now and I have thought about it every single day....probably even at least once an hour for every hour of those 10 years. I am constantly reminded of it......

-Mirrors, reflections.

-Photos.

-Other bald people.

-Being around people that take the piss out of me.

-Being around people who talk about hair related things, particularly a friends or colleagues new hair cut.

-The cold weather, the top of my head feels cold and weird.

-The hot weather, the top of my head gets burnt.

-When I see a hot girl that I like and I think 'should I ask her out' but then think 'no, I am bald, she won't like me'.

-Feeling conscious generally but especially when meeting new people as you know they are judging your hair. Also meeting old friends can be embarrassing as it is a shock to you.

All of this combined leads to daily negativity and thinking 'if only I had hair'.

I feel your pain everytime I see my reflection this is the first and almost only thing I check and especially if pictures of me show up on facebook or anywhere else my biggest worry is how noticeable my baldness is and I pick pictures solely on this critereria.

At work, I have compulsive rituals I have to check my hair in the bathroom as much as possible.

Any negative comment puts me in a place of total despair for days. I look at my teenage pictures and feel sick.

I come on here and other places and I love reading hyperbolic negative posts especially Highlander and the old Scorpion threads and I actually get a good laugh and feel better about my own situation but at the same time a part of me agrees.

I know of all the places with mirrors on the streets of my city and I check my NW3 forehead everytime I walk past them.

I try to save as much as possible in the hope of a HT or a new treatment coming out. New car? Who needs that? Travelling? What's the point I can think of much more interesting and intense things to experiment in my area than being a tourist running aroudn with his camera.

I no longer want to be the center of the attention or to pursue situations that put the spotlights on me. I would want to ghost like the mtgow mysoginist who pretty much live like reclused men but the most stupid thing is that I am fairly successful with women and they keep me busy socially. Do they care about hair? Certainly but a lot less than I do.

Hair loss sucks more than many things I have faced. I would rather have served a few years in the can, saying this rationnaly as someone who knows a few people in there.

If you are on meds and responding well, you will basially all but forget about it.

When I was on both minox and propecia - After the first year, my loss reversed so much that I basically forgot about it. I did not have to do any careful combing to conceal the thinning and for all practical purposes I was back to normal.

I use to think about it but i dont no more i get to the point sometimes where i grow my hair out now (when i cant be arsed to shave it) looks stupid but dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    I use to think about it but i dont no more i get to the point sometimes where i grow my hair out now (when i cant be arsed to shave it) looks stupid but dont care.
    I used to worry about it 10 fold, but like you I just buzz it and live life. I will be sly bald sooner rather then later, but at least this way Im semi-prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I used to worry about it 10 fold, but like you I just buzz it and live life. I will be sly bald sooner rather then later, but at least this way Im semi-prepared.

Exactly dude i didnt think i ever grow my hair out again though i thought my hair cut will always be a buzzcut 1...guess not i shouldnt grow it out though it does look horrible lol but who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    From the day I started to spot thinning I can't remember a day where I was proud of my hair. Plus, when I read hair news, new bad ideas and misconceptions comes:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...a-8536988.html

Take it easy Bill. Of course you have hair so you don't care much about our plague.

Not to offend anyone, but baldness does not make anyone look better. It's a statement so sad it makes me think we will never truly defeat baldness for what it is, a genetic mistake.

And what about this?
    http://www.arabtimesonline.com/NewsD...s/Default.aspx

"10% of voters suggested warm showers could be the cause of baldness"
    I don't believe it.
    No disrespect to Arab voters, but if 10% think warm showers causes baldness, it probably explains why the middle east may have the amount of problems it does...

I am a NW2 in shape, but the corners of my hairline are thinning pretty badly to a NW3 or worse. I keep my hair somewhat longer, 1-2 inches, as it covers all of the thinning up, but I have to comb it a certain way. So, its always on my mind because a gust of wind or someone touching my hair ****s it all up. Im on the big three and am semi-confident ill keep this head of hair for a while, and its still on my mind a lot. definitely affecting my confidence despite having a seemingly full head of hair