+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

But balding or being bald hasn't ruined you as a person which is totally what these forums need. Decent pragmatic people who may or may not accept their situation, but are realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eromnova View Post
    As far as I know, people don't get locked up en masse for insulting one another. Otherwise most of the world's population would be in prison.

You're not Martin Luther King and the balding community (if such a thing exists - hint: it doesn't) is not an oppressed minority. Christ. Again: get some perspective. Try and not be so self-involved. It will help you to realise you're nowhere near the worst off in this world. Your hair is falling out and it's crappy. That's about it. You're healthy and living comfortably enough to have internet access and whinge about balding all day.

I swear, reading these boards make me feel like the most level-headed man in the ****ing world sometimes. And trust me: I'm nowhere near the most level-headed man in the world. I'm rarely even the most level-headed man in the room.
    Do us a favor and stick around, you seem like one of the more rational ones

Baldness is compulsory on the National death service

Hair loss treatments should not be covered by a National Health System. That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard. Even as a balding dude, I wouldn't want my own tax money funding that shit. Get real. Then again, if I was subjected to a National Health System, what I'd really be questioning is whether or not I wanted to live in that country.

Get a private plan for cosmetic aspects of "health" (I'm really stretching using "health"). If someone is so unstable that hair loss causes them mental and/or physical pain, they are so irrational that they'd be just as depressed over inability to afford certain clothes or afford certain cars or impressing certain girls.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Hair loss treatments should not be covered by a National Health System. That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard. Even as a balding dude, I wouldn't want my own tax money funding that shit. Get real. Then again, if I was subjected to a National Health System, what I'd really be questioning is whether or not I wanted to live in that country.

Get a private plan for cosmetic aspects of "health" (I'm really stretching using "health"). If someone is so unstable that hair loss causes them mental and/or physical pain, they are so irrational that they'd be just as depressed over inability to afford certain clothes or afford certain cars or impressing certain girls.
    With that said, I think its safe to say, nobody here wanted to lose their hair to begin with.

I am sure if a woman lost her hair she would be depressed like shit too, why should it be different for men.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    Baldness is compulsory on the National death service
    No it isn't, you can get a prescription for generic fin on the NHS these days. Live in a third world country whereby you haven't got the luxury of the NHS and have healthcare which is next to nothing. Or a privatized healthcare system where you cant afford the basics and you'll soon change your tune. Don't be such an ungrateful sod.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    No it isn't, you can get a prescription for generic fin on the NHS these days. Live in a third world country whereby you haven't got the luxury of the NHS and have healthcare which is next to nothing. Or a privatized healthcare system where you cant afford the basics and you'll soon change your tune. Don't be such an ungrateful sod.
    Well said. I myself need a reminder to put things like hair loss and life quality into perspective every day. It could be so, so much worse.

Yeah, I often sit here thinking how unfortunate I am to live in a country with healthcare free at the point of use paying rates of tax that are not dissimilar to countries who do not offer public health.

I just wish I could live in a country that let me pay a private health insurer thousands of dollars so that when I get a long term illness in my old age they can kick me out of the fund. Alas, I can't get a job somewhere so fair and enlightened so I'm stuck in Blighty.