+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default HT's should be available on the NHS

Is there any disfigurement worse than MPB?

Even scaring a huge nose aren't as bad as a crusty, receding hairline.
    Perhaps massive burns would be worse, but even a burns victim looks better than a person afflicted by the burn of DHT on their hairline.

The NHS do facial reconstructive surgery on people who've suffered scaring or burns, so why won't they reconstruct your hairline when you're afflicted by the worse disfigurement of all, MPB?

When a young man has his life ruined by MPB they should pay for you to have reconstructive surgery from a proper HT surgeon.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyhairs View Post

Perhaps massive burns would be worse, but even a burns victim looks better than a person afflicted by the burn of DHT on their hairline.

The NHS do facial reconstructive surgery on people who've suffered scaring or burns, so why won't they reconstruct your hairline when you're afflicted by the worse disfigurement of all, MPB?

When a young man has his life ruined by MPB they should pay for you to have reconstructive surgery from a proper HT surgeon.
    That's ridiculous! Hair loss sucks, but it a far cry from being burned or disfigured. Hair loss is not fun, but give me a break!

Yes. Plenty. Obviously. You'd realise this if you got some perspective and made an effort not be such a self-involved narcissist.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Eromnova View Post
    Yes. Plenty. Obviously. You'd realise this if you got some perspective and made an effort not be such a self-involved narcissist.
    Bravo! These types of posts really disturb me. I wonder how this guy would feel if he had a real birth defect or had half his face blown off in a war? Like I said, hair loss really blows, but give me a break!

What planet are you from? Imagine being bald or having acid chucked in your face? Disfigured for the rest of your life and no surgery will restore your former appearance.

I do not and will never belittle or play down being bald. It can be super depressing and really bring down some people, but my friend, the NHS will NEVER EVER pay for hair transplants.

If you have a crusty hairline i suggest you shower more often.

The problem is, you will need follow up procedures.

OBVIOUSLY massive facial burns from acid or fire would be worse, but balding is a disfigurement too.

One that most people think its fun to make fun of.
    Imagine the OUTRAGE if someone made fun of a burns victim, they'd probably be sent to jail in so-called 'liberal' Britain.

But bald guys, they're fair game.
    The ONLY fair game nowadays.

One word against gay people, women, minorities, foreigners, fat people etc and you're liable to get jail time, but bald guys are societies whipping boys.
    The untouchable underclass that no one gives a shit about.

Hell, if there was a natural disaster they'd save the balding guys last, we're on par with murderers and sex offenders on the social ladder.

This is the world we live in, deal with it. You want to play victim, than you'll be a victim for the rest of your life. Life is not fair. As balding men, life can be more difficult for us, but I refuse to be a victim and think your attitude along with some others here is pathetic.

I spend a lot of time here and I've been listening to TBT for years. I've been extremely effected by my hair loss, but I'm not bitter about it. I don't t blame my parents for passing on "defective" genes and will never be victim.

So do you think that chin implants should be paid for by the NHS? Lots of people think that their weak chins are a disfigurement. What about breast implants for women with asymmetrical breasts? What about braces and veneers for people with the genes for really bad, dark teeth. Don't you think really ugly teeth are a disfigurement? I bet you anything that if a woman had the choice to date a balding guy with great teeth or a guy with perfect hair and busted up yellow teeth, they'ed take the bald guy hands down. So I guess NHS should pay for people's smile makeovers too.

One word against gay people, women, minorities, foreigners, fat people etc and you're liable to get jail time, but bald guys are societies whipping boys.
    As far as I know, people don't get locked up en masse for insulting one another. Otherwise most of the world's population would be in prison.

The untouchable underclass that no one gives a shit about.
    You're not Martin Luther King and the balding community (if such a thing exists - hint: it doesn't) is not an oppressed minority. Christ. Again: get some perspective. Try and not be so self-involved. It will help you to realise you're nowhere near the worst off in this world. Your hair is falling out and it's crappy. That's about it. You're healthy and living comfortably enough to have internet access and whinge about balding all day.

I swear, reading these boards make me feel like the most level-headed man in the ****ing world sometimes. And trust me: I'm nowhere near the most level-headed man in the world. I'm rarely even the most level-headed man in the room.