+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default I hate how looks matter so much

I hate how superficial the world is becoming. The only thing that seems to matter anymore is how you look. There's this douchebag at my school, every girl knows he's good looking. That's all he has. I'm in most of the activities he's in, and I'm definitely better than him at all of them. He's rude, he's boring, he's pretty dumb, he lacks self-confidence in front of groups. He's never maintained a relationship longer than a month.

Girls are all over him.

I'm one of the most intelligent kids in my school.
    I play an instrument at the All-State level.
    I'm 6 feet tall.
    I'm an Eagle Scout.
    I work as a lifeguard during the summer.
    I'm a 2 sport athlete and decent enough at both sports.
    I have a great body.
    Personality-wise, I'm somewhat reserved, but I can make people laugh.
    I dress well, running the board between jeans and a leather jacket and a cotton button-down.
    I practice good hygiene, shave every day (my head included), shower, all that.
    I have friends and people tell me they like me. I'm definitely not a social pariah.
    I have 2 full-ride scholarships to decent universities out of my state.
    Girls talk to me, but unless they're ugly, they never want anything more.

I have literally everything I could ever want, except good looks. Health, intelligence, height, personality, middle-income parents with a huge bank account that I'll probably inherit-everything.

Except girls. I'm just not attractive enough.

I feel even worse because I employ the same bias:
    I only focus on the pretty girls!
    I feel so bad about it, since I know exactly what it feels like to be marginalized because of an ugly face, but I do it anyway. I don't want to have ugly kids who will have to deal with the same insecurities that I have.

I imagine that I'll do better later in life, as I'm very intelligent and a hard worker. I'll just have to make enough money to compensate for my looks.
    I go onto a lot of forums and the guys are all asking, "Why do women only care about money?"

Well, shit, I hope that's true. When it comes time to marry, I hope that women do care about money. I hope they care a lot.
    Last edited by TheLaughingCow; 02-26-2013 at 04:48 PM. Reason: improve clarity, fix misspellings

welcome to reality.

Women don't only care about money..Your going for the wrong ones. Women want secruity..money = secruity. If you can provide for a women and satisfy her needs that's all she wants.

The perfect man for a women ejeculates chocolate and shits money..but thats a perfect world isn't it.

All women are crazy. I'm lucky i've found a very attractive talents partner, though there's issues in every relationships. Your going for the wrong girls.

The "wrong" girls are the ones that have their numbers on the bathroom walls.
    The "wrong" girls are the ones that don't ever talk to me until their homework is due the next class and then ask me to "do them a favor".
    The "wrong" girls are the ones who can't remember what went down the night before, even though today is a Wednesday.

I'm not going for the wrong girls.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingCow View Post
    The "wrong" girls are the ones that have their numbers on the bathroom walls.
    The "wrong" girls are the ones that don't ever talk to me until their homework is due the next class and then ask me to "do them a favor".
    The "wrong" girls are the ones who can't remember what went down the night before, even though today is a Wednesday.

I'm not going for the wrong girls.
    The thing is though both male and females go for looks..it's just instinct look for the strongest most attractive mate to breed with. If your looks are an issue/not appealing over others, if you don't initiate a conversation you'll never know.

Women love talking about themselves. Seriously Who,What,Where,Why,How. You cannot lose unless your trying to bat way above average..even then what women do you want to attract to satisfy you..

Guys care about looks just like girls do. You wouldn't date some Quasimodo looking chick.

No reason to generalize and blame them because you're frustrated. You just need to modify your own mentality (in addition to physical attributes) to maximize your presentation. Just act indifferent up until you've got them super interested, then let your guard down a pinch.. just a pinch. You'll know when to let it down further.

And if anyone thinks money doesn't matter, they're crazy. I'm not saying you need to be in the top 1%, but you need to be living comfortably and be able to offer the same to her and the children you could prospectively have some day.

Honestly, most dudes' problems on this site go way beyond hair. A decent face, nice body, and a fat bank account will make a chick 25+ wetter than any NW-1 Goldilocks. And you need to not be a totally self-deprecating, needy, manic whiner - girls aren't exactly crazy about that type of weakness either.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Guys care about looks just like girls do. You wouldn't date some Quasimodo looking chick.

No reason to generalize and blame them because you're frustrated. You just need to modify your own mentality (in addition to physical attributes) to maximize your presentation. Just act indifferent up until you've got them super interested, then let your guard down a pinch.. just a pinch. You'll know when to let it down further.

And if anyone thinks money doesn't matter, they're crazy. I'm not saying you need to be in the top 1%, but you need to be living comfortably and be able to offer the same to her and the children you could prospectively have some day.

Honestly, most dudes' problems on this site go way beyond hair. A decent face, nice body, and a fat bank account will make a chick 25+ wetter than any NW-1 Goldilocks. And you need to not be a totally self-deprecating, needy, manic whiner - girls aren't exactly crazy about that type of weakness either.
    Something I agree on

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post

Dis guy knowz iz s***

Anyway Ill stop talking like a black man. The point is he's true, I mean OP, you're in School (I presume you're American), it's all superficial there anyway. In the real world as Big T says, other factors come into play, money, security, stability.

I've seen fat balding guys with reasonable good looking girls and I've seen fit, confident bald men with hot looking girls. I know he's an overused example, but Statham has Huntington-Whitely. Bald yes, good looking, subjective to opinions, BUT he has cash and security (which covers a wide range of things) and just works the shit out.

Bottom line is, there is more then just whats on your mind and in life you will see that come into play. Looks help, but they're not the game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingCow View Post
    I hate how superficial the world is becoming. The only thing that seems to matter anymore is how you look. There's this douchebag at my school, every girl knows he's good looking. That's all he has. I'm in most of the activities he's in, and I'm definitely better than him at all of them. He's rude, he's boring, he's pretty dumb, he lacks self-confidence in front of groups. He's never maintained a relationship longer than a month.

Girls are all over him.

I'm one of the most intelligent kids in my school.
    I play an instrument at the All-State level.
    I'm 6 feet tall.
    I'm an Eagle Scout.
    I work as a lifeguard during the summer.
    I'm a 2 sport athlete and decent enough at both sports.
    I have a great body.
    Personality-wise, I'm somewhat reserved, but I can make people laugh.
    I dress well, running the board between jeans and a leather jacket and a cotton button-down.
    I practice good hygiene, shave every day (my head included), shower, all that.
    I have friends and people tell me they like me. I'm definitely not a social pariah.
    I have 2 full-ride scholarships to decent universities out of my state.
    Girls talk to me, but unless they're ugly, they never want anything more.

I have literally everything I could ever want, except good looks. Health, intelligence, height, personality, middle-income parents with a huge bank account that I'll probably inherit-everything.

Except girls. I'm just not attractive enough.

I feel even worse because I employ the same bias:
    I only focus on the pretty girls!
    I feel so bad about it, since I know exactly what it feels like to be marginalized because of an ugly face, but I do it anyway. I don't want to have ugly kids who will have to deal with the same insecurities that I have.

I imagine that I'll do better later in life, as I'm very intelligent and a hard worker. I'll just have to make enough money to compensate for my looks.
    I go onto a lot of forums and the guys are all asking, "Why do women only care about money?"

Well, shit, I hope that's true. When it comes time to marry, I hope that women do care about money. I hope they care a lot.
    I think you and Highlander will get on just fantastic.

no they are not,this guy does anything he can do,he cares about his ugliness but this doesnt stop him to work or try things.He has many activites

This is the reason why I don't wan't to be fully bald. Try lowering your standards and wear tight clothing mate. You said that your physical fit, try showing off those guns. What's your NW and age?