+ Reply to Thread

Question minoxidil frequency

Hi guys long time reader new member,
    So I'm 19 and have been slowly balding since 17 unfortunately. I've got to the stage where I decided to start acting so after 4 months on minoxidil, saw palmetto, 2 on nizoral 2%. So far results really are amazing my vertex balding is almost not noticeable where as I was getting many remarks on its thinning before Hand. Also my hairline is creeping forward at a good rate and looks as good as it did a year and a half ago. I reckon this is mainly due to minoxidil.
    Here's my question, I've only been using minoxidil 5% liquid once daily at night 1ml each on both my vertex and hairline. Would it be beneficial to get 5% foam to use in tge morning so I will be using it twice a day as directed. Just wondering if I will see better results or is once a day enough, also will I shed if I use it twice.
    Just a sub question also, my hairdresser recommended biotin, silica, ans nioxin. Claiming they worked for her boyfriend, is any of this worth trying?
    Thanks all soo much for your help, brothers of the balding.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimp93 View Post
    Hi guys long time reader new member,
    So I'm 19 and have been slowly balding since 17 unfortunately. I've got to the stage where I decided to start acting so after 4 months on minoxidil, saw palmetto, 2 on nizoral 2%. So far results really are amazing my vertex balding is almost not noticeable where as I was getting many remarks on its thinning before Hand. Also my hairline is creeping forward at a good rate and looks as good as it did a year and a half ago. I reckon this is mainly due to minoxidil.
    Here's my question, I've only been using minoxidil 5% liquid once daily at night 1ml each on both my vertex and hairline. Would it be beneficial to get 5% foam to use in tge morning so I will be using it twice a day as directed. Just wondering if I will see better results or is once a day enough, also will I shed if I use it twice.
    Just a sub question also, my hairdresser recommended biotin, silica, ans nioxin. Claiming they worked for her boyfriend, is any of this worth trying?
    Thanks all soo much for your help, brothers of the balding.
    The recommended usage is twice a day and it should do a much better job on you because you're so young. If I was you personally, I would go for twice a day because if you wait until it starts to fall off to apply twice, then you won't regrow much if any.

After far as your hairdresser, hes a twit. Don't trust him, just stick with the FDA approved meds and niz. You might consider adding a sulfate free shampoo.

Thank you for your response. Sulfate free, what effect does this have? So a foam in the morning and liquid at night is a good idea. Also anyone think Spiro is worth it? Considering I dont want to get propecia just yet any other dht blockers to go with saw palmetto and nizoral?