+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I really feel for your situation. I've just recently got a HT and have some dimpling at the front that is amplified due to inflammation and it's driving me a bit crazy at the moment, so I imagine how terrible it must feel to have more drastic scarring.

A dermaroller was suggested to me on this site and I did a bit of research on it. Have you tried one of these before? They seem like they could offer hope for reducing how noticeable scarring is. Here's a review of some: http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermaroller-review/
    and a guy called LM posted his results of using one... http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...27&STARTPAGE=1

Personally, if I don't get the results I want with my HT and if there's significant scarring afterward that I can't reduce, I'm going to look into one of those hair "systems". Which I think is a fancy term for wigs. But they look fairly decent and realistic.

Please keep us informed about how you're going with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alive4mykids View Post
    I am 44. Started balding when I was 19-20. I was devastated and
    fell victim to the lure of hair transplants. Had three
    procedures with the now defunct long island medical
    associates where I was butchered. Hair grew but
    looked unatural. My hair was thick then and i was able to cover the poor work.
    After a few years, losing more hair brought me to Andrew Cordaro
    who played on my insecurities further and butchered me twice
    more. More years passed, same problem. So I ended up finding
    Dr. True in manhattan, and he actually helped me improve my hairline and shrink some scarring. Now, I am at my wits end. I no longer want
    To continue with transplants nor do I even have donor area anyway. I have spent the better part of the last 20 years trying to find ways to cover my shame. I spend 2 hours every morning in the bathroom, cutting wigs and placing the hair among my own, keeping it secured with hairspray. I am so ashamed. I so badly want to shave my head.
    I found out about HIS pigmentation but my wife will not allow me to do this. She won't be a part of it. She says that it will be another mistake. I have had suicidal thoughts but I know I could never do that to my kids or my wife. I lie awake most nights, crying. I have seen a psychologist but it didn't help. I
    dream of being able to shave my head. Just get ready in the morning in a few minutes. Only a dream for me. My scarring is extensive and I also have little bumbs on top of the front of my head. Basically, I look like a freak and will probably always look this way. If anyone has any suggestions, I need them. My life is not a life. I have so much to be thankful for and to enjoy, but I simply can't bc I can't stand the way I look...and it is my own fault. Please help me.
    I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time with things, don't blame yourself for your current situation, we've all made decisions that we thought were for the best but didn't quite turn out in the ways we had hoped. As for the scarring, would you feel better about yourself if you just accepted your head for the way it is and shaved like you wanted and just bare your scars. It might bring you some mental relief so you don't feel quite so terrible. Is your wife really that objectionable to having SMP on the scars only? That way you could cover your scars with a little ink stubble and shave the rest, there's no need to cover your entire scalp with ink, you can then have the shaved bald look, your scars wont look so bold and you can get on with life. Talk to your wife, let her know how hard this is on you, and that covering your scars would make you feel much better about yourself.

if your head was scared you wouldnt have the same opinion!
    Last edited by Winston; 02-26-2013 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Inappropriate quoted comment removed

Arrow

This is not a place to attempt to destroy the self worth of others. This poster has come here for support.

I will be posting an updated set of rules and policies for this message forum. All posts that do not fit within the parameters of these guidelines will no longer be hosted on BTT. Members who ignore these policies will have their accounts put into moderation.

Put up some pics so we can see your situation. The story you wrote down is a really worse case scenario that is one in 100,000

I might even say more. 100,000 men world wide are getting HT every year now .

I would like to see what the guy did to you. Its seems almost impossible.

Show us so we can see it.