I hate it when women say hair loss on a man is like small tits on a woman!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpb47
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by baldozer
    Well must consider biological differences between men and women. Reproduction cannot take place without the man being aroused, while its not necessary for a woman to be aroused for that to happen. So physical attraction is essential for a man while its not for women. So I don't see why a woman would put too much importance on a man's looks.
    +1
    Years ago I would not have believed it, but I do now. I have 2 women friends that have tried to convince that mpb is expected in guys and not a turn off.

One even said something like mpb is to a guy as boobs are to a girl. Both are are going to happen and both are normal and expected (not exact words but something like that)

She is probably right but I still don't like it!

Comment

• mpb47
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Morbo
      No offense, but I think we as society and as human beings have evolved past that ridiculous 'natural' conservative notion that only men should or could enjoy sex. Even in nature, if there is more than one male present, they have to fight one another or groom the female or females for their affection.

We currently live in a time of sexual equality and female liberation where the media stresses more than enough that today's highly-educated women should expect and demand more from their potential partner. And whatever 'biological difference' you may think that's between us, a confident woman is not going to choose for a man she does not feel physically or sexually attracted to and neither would we. And if she does, it's not going to last.

May I also add that nature does not care about common interests or personality, we as humans, we do.
      I'm not going to choose for a woman who I find repulsive to begin with. But why wouldn't I fall in love with someone I find 'normal-looking' but who's super-sweet and fun? Again, women have the same idea about it.
      Yea there a few of them like that out there, but that doesn't mean they still will not accept you. Years ago I played match maker to 2 friends and she is kinda like you descibe. She was miffed that he wouldn't take propecia and just let himself go bald. Even told me I shouldn't be stupid like him and should get on it asap. She has said things like men don't try to take care of themselves like they should and that women do a much better job of staying on top of their health.

On top of it all, she is in the medical profession, makes FAR more money than he does, owns their house, and they have completing opposing political views .

Yet she still loves him and they have been together almost 20 years now.

Comment

• baldozer
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by mpb47
        Yea there a few of them like that out there, but that doesn't mean they still will not accept you. Years ago I played match maker to 2 friends and she is kinda like you descibe. She was miffed that he wouldn't take propecia and just let himself go bald. Even told me I shouldn't be stupid like him and should get on it asap. She has said things like men don't try to take care of themselves like they should and that women do a much better job of staying on top of their health.

On top of it all, she is in the medical profession, makes FAR more money than he does, owns their house, and they have completing opposing political views .

That is true, no matter how much the feminists try to condition society's thinking, the biological instincts will always remain the same.

Comment

• mpb47
          • Apr 2012

That is true, no matter how much the feminists try to condition society's thinking, the biological instincts will always remain the same.
          Well I can only speak of my example, but I can say for sure it was not biology that won her over. While he was considered a good looking guy at the time and even looked younger than her(think that miffed her too), it was not that I can promise you. No.I was there and saw how it went down. He did what I unfortunately have never learned how to do...least successfully. He knows how to hit their "marks" . He knew how to talk- culture and literature and she ate it up. He has less formal education than her or even me, but could talk at her level-not the medical stuff obviously , but what mattered. I have more of a formal education than he has, but was too busy enjoying TV at the time. So while I can quote classic Lt Starbuck with all his swagger, it just doesn't go over too well, least when I say it. I did try some Latin on a girl and it did work so I will keep trying till I get it right.

Comment

• Luzianaman
            • Aug 2011

Women are Fickle About Appearances

Originally posted by mpb47

In my experience, women are very fickle and contradictory when it comes to what the like in a man's appearance.

They claim to prefer men who are clean- shaven with no facial hair. But if you grow a goat tee, many of them will see it as bold and gutsy.

I've seen similar things with baldness.

Men who shave their head clean seem more confident because they embrace it.

Comment

• drybone
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Luzianaman
              In my experience, women are very fickle and contradictory when it comes to what the like in a man's appearance.

They claim to prefer men who are clean- shaven with no facial hair. But if you grow a goat tee, many of them will see it as bold and gutsy.

I've seen similar things with baldness.

Men who shave their head clean seem more confident because they embrace it.
              Men who shave their head bald are trying to hide the fact they are bald ON TOP.

If they were 'embracing it' they wouldnt need to bother shave the sides and back every 3 days.

I can assure you that I have yet to meet a guy who shaves his head and I cannot tell if hes bald or not. It would have to be within 6 hours of shaving otherwise the shadow starts to appear. I have no idea why they bother . Maybe women like it better than having the hair on the sides?

Comment

• Aames
                Inactive
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by drybone

If they were 'embracing it' they wouldnt need to bother shave the sides and back every 3 days.

I can assure you that I have yet to meet a guy who shaves his head and I cannot tell if hes bald or not. It would have to be within 6 hours of shaving otherwise the shadow starts to appear. I have no idea why they bother . Maybe women like it better than having the hair on the sides?
                I think it's about symmetry. It just looks better when it is uniformly shaved.

Comment

• Luzianaman
                  • Aug 2011

Yeah I Think They Like it Better

Yeah, I think they like it better because, it says "I'm bald, I'm not kidding myself about it, and I'm not ashamed of it."

And as another poster said, it's about symmetry.

A guy with a shaved head doesn't look like some poor slob who is losing his hair and feels self-conscious about it. You look like a guy who has lost his hair and doesn't give a F***k.

Women love confidence, first and foremost- more than hair, more than muscles.

A completely shaved head exudes confidence I think.

I notice that men who have receding hair lines have people poke fun at them.

A cleanly shaven head, not so much.

I could be wrong but it's just my impression.

Comment

• drybone
                    • Dec 2012

Yeah, I think they like it better because, it says "I'm bald, I'm not kidding myself about it, and I'm not ashamed of it."

And as another poster said, it's about symmetry.

A guy with a shaved head doesn't look like some poor slob who is losing his hair and feels self-conscious about it. You look like a guy who has lost his hair and doesn't give a F***k.

If we 'didnt give a #### , then we wouldnt need to shave the sides and back. We just 'wouldn't give a ####

shaving your head is still DENYING the fact your hair fell out. Or didnt you ever consider that?

Accepting the fact you went bald on top or have a thin hair on top is to just let it be that way. Do the best you can with it. Natural.

Try shaving your whole head every 3 days for years and then tell me that you 'dont give a ####' . You are perpetually going to GREAT LENGTHS to care about it. Shaving your head is no easy thing.

In my opinion, guys who shave their heads and say that women love it are in denial. They are trying to convince themselves that 'size doesnt matter' . Looks dosent matter. Money doesnt matter. Its a joke. They do matter.

We do the best with what we can but denying they matter is just lying to yourself.

No woman prefers the same guy bald to the same guy with a thick head of hair.

Do you like women who shave their head bald?

Comment

• Luzianaman
                      • Aug 2011

Compensating

Originally posted by Highlander
                      Confidence without looks, height or hair = COMPENSATING
                      Well, yeah, it's compensating.

But if you don't compensate, then what else is there to do?

Crawl down a hole and die?

Comment

• mpb47
                        • Apr 2012

Sadly I am finding this to be true. I always thought being honest was a the best policy but it sure doesn't work for me.

yes some women are turned on by this as it seems to be the new thing. Bald is fine, hair is fine, but balding is not . Some Sure seem picky about it too. I will never date one of those women as I will not let anyway tell me how to groom by hair.- just as I would never tell anyone how to dress,cut their hair ,etc.

Only when you are young

I do think it is the new in thing to do , but I would never do it.

Comment

• Luzianaman
                          • Aug 2011

I Only Know What I've Read/ Been Told by Guys who Have Done it

If you're ugly then nothing else matters. In the eyes of most women you're just trying to make up for your shortcomings. They see you as pathetic.
                          I've read/ spoken to guys with receding hairlines/ thinning hair who seemed to feel a lot better about themselves when they just shaved it.

Maybe it doesn't work for everyone but for some people it does.

And as cynical as this sounds, the confidence really doesn't have to be based on anything real.

Look, my knowledge is limited I can only tell you about what I've been told by others.

It's only meant as food for thought.

Comment

• baldozer
                            • Oct 2012

If we 'didnt give a #### , then we wouldnt need to shave the sides and back. We just 'wouldn't give a ####

shaving your head is still DENYING the fact your hair fell out. Or didnt you ever consider that?

Accepting the fact you went bald on top or have a thin hair on top is to just let it be that way. Do the best you can with it. Natural.

Try shaving your whole head every 3 days for years and then tell me that you 'dont give a ####' . You are perpetually going to GREAT LENGTHS to care about it. Shaving your head is no easy thing.

In my opinion, guys who shave their heads and say that women love it are in denial. They are trying to convince themselves that 'size doesnt matter' . Looks dosent matter. Money doesnt matter. Its a joke. They do matter.

We do the best with what we can but denying they matter is just lying to yourself.

No woman prefers the same guy bald to the same guy with a thick head of hair.

Do you like women who shave their head bald?
                            The shape of the face and head matters if you have to pull off the bald look. They say an Oval shaped face will look good with any hairstyle, even bald. An Oval shaped face is one where the length of the face is 1.6 times greater than the width. I measured my face and the ratio is precise, that is why I don't look ugly even bald. Nowadays I shave my head, but previously I used to let the horseshoe grow, and still people used to compliment on my looks. So a man with an oval shape face will look good bald, unless he has an ugly shaped head. Moreover, you can always sport some facial hair, like a goatee, to pull attention away from the bald head.

Comment

• baldozer
                              • Oct 2012

If you're ugly then nothing else matters. In the eyes of most women you're just trying to make up for your shortcomings. They see you as pathetic.
                              What if you are bald but not ugly? Bald doesn't necessarily equate to ugly.

Comment

• drybone
                                • Dec 2012

The shape of the face and head matters if you have to pull off the bald look. They say an Oval shaped face will look good with any hairstyle, even bald. An Oval shaped face is one where the length of the face is 1.6 times greater than the width. I measured my face and the ratio is precise, that is why I don't look ugly even bald. Nowadays I shave my head, but previously I used to let the horseshoe grow, and still people used to compliment on my looks. So a man with an oval shape face will look good bald, unless he has an ugly shaped head. Moreover, you can always sport some facial hair, like a goatee, to pull attention away from the bald head.
                                Never heard this before. Learn something new every day

Comment

Working...