+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Histogen and Aderans

There seems to be a lot of confusion on when these treatments are supposed to make it to the market.

Can someone, WHO KNOWS FOR SURE, clear up when each of these should be released..

Thank you

Histogen:

2-3 years in Asia, somewhere around 5 for the United States

Also, possibility of combining phase II/III to streamline the treatment to the market...

-according to Dr. Ziering.

Now who knows about Aderans? I feel like we are left in the dark for aderans..

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    There seems to be a lot of confusion on when these treatments are supposed to make it to the market.

Can someone, WHO KNOWS FOR SURE, clear up when each of these should be released..

Thank you
    Sorry bud, tho nobody on here KNOWS FOR SURE. Not one person even knows if this stuff will even make it to market let alone a release date. Best thing to do is just wait for the official updates. Everything else is just speculation. They have a time-line on there websites.

2014 is the earliest release for Aderans, a projected date they set themselves at a public presentation.

Aderans had a presentation a while back, I think in 2010 so three years ago. They detailed their timeline and goals for their development and clinical trials. They outlined that Phase II trials would be finishing in 2013, right about now (between end of February and end of April). They're right on time with that as I think they have one or two trials left and they are ending within the next two months.

They mentioned they'd be starting Phase III trials basically immediately after so around April. Phase III they said would last them 1 year so they are planning on finishing in Q1 of 2014 (basically around between January-March). As well, they made claims they would release the treatment as a commercial product basically immediately after. Once 2014 rolls in, it will mark 12 years of research and development of their product. Which is far more than enough data that the FDA will need so there is NO excuse why the FDA should hold them back. There is *nothing* dangerous about using your own cells. They've given Merck with Finasteride a real fast approval in 1997 for their 1g pill. Its still on the market despite the high number of side effects people have and cases of permanent erectile dysfunction. But using your own cells? Thats like saying you can infect yourself; YOU CANT.

That reason alone should give immediate release of Aderans in clinics. That said, if the FDA stalls them I will go absolutely crazy and I swear by god I will move heaven and earth to get my hair back so any and all of you guys on the forum can expect me to do a LOT of rallying to open the doors for the clinics and treatments. I've mentioned these efforts before and I'm completely serious about it too, so if anyone wants to join me in efforts, let me know and we can work together to spread awareness and a real need for this. I've done these kinds of movements before and was even contacted by NDP leader Jack Layton. I'm really disappointed that there arent more people willing to join but if anyone wants, please let me know.

It should also be noted that Aderans bought out Bosley for abouit $160 million in 2011. You can bet that they know they have a working formula and will be using the clinics to administer their treatment.

If Aderans does release a product next year, I'll be at a Bosley clinic soon enough. If anyone wants, drinks will be on me for a major celebration.

Here's the 2010 presentation: http://www.aderansresearch.com/presentation/

Their timelines are shown nearer the end of the video.

Here's a screenshot from the presentation video showing their projected timeline:

Remember, theyre ON SCHEDULE so 2014 looks like a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    It should also be noted that Aderans bought out Bosley for abouit $160 million in 2011. You can bet that they know they have a working formula and will be using the clinics to administer their treatment.

Their timelines are shown nearer the end of the video.
    That is actually a really good sign! I was not aware of that, very well.

About the timelines: I thought I had seen an extension to this timeline of about a year, in some previous posts...?

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    That is actually a really good sign! I was not aware of that, very well.
    It only makes sense. They need clinics to administer to procedure which they dont have, and for that to happen would require a *lot* of work and time; finding properties, closing purchases of places, potentially finding rent, renovations, city and health ministry approvals, etc. This would take a while and unnecessary extra waiting. With Bosley having all that already complete, all they need to do is modify the clinic slightly and add whatever tools necessary.

About the timelines: I thought I had seen an extension to this timeline of about a year, in some previous posts...?
    No, theres no extension. Their last Phase II trial started in October of 2012 which is a 6 month trial. That is ending soon so Phase III is on its way. Seriously, next year could be a HUGE game changer. If the FDA stalls them I will have a psychotic burst of fury and will be out to destroy the FDA. No chance in hell am I going to let them screw us over.

Great information Hellouser - it was actually the Hair Club that Aderans purchased for 163m - but yeah another great sign.

I cant believe how fast those 3 years have gone jeez.

Unfortunately, Aderans has fallen behind by around 12 months from their original timeline. If you look closely at the timeline, they were planning on finishing Phase 2 by June 2012 and Start Phase 3 around 4 months after.

Phase 2 however is going to finish on April 2013 and they need another 3-4 months to collect data and apply for Phase 3 trial.

Considering Phase 3 will take 18 months + 10 months FDA approval, Aderans should be available by Q4 2015!

If you think about it though, it's way ahead of any other upcoming treatment and isn't that far at all.

Also, with regards to the treatment being safe since it is your own cells (Autologous), FDA already got taken to court about that, but they won the court case, since Aderans and other autologous therapies add growth factors to multiply your cells which are not yours and can introduce complications. So, the court ruled that all 3 phases must be concluded before a company can file for FDA approval! sad but true!

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    But using your own cells? Thats like saying you can infect yourself; YOU CANT.
    This should not be taken lightly. You can have a cancer, or autoimmune reactions. And a cancer usually takes many years to develop.

"Playing" with your own cells may be pretty serious stuff.