X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmonasco
    Inactive
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by hellouser
    Hmmm. I'll definitely give this more thought and research.
    Something to consider is what would happen if the FDA were to fast-track approval of a hair loss treatment that ultimately proved to have significant harmful effects. The likely public response would be (rightly or wrongly) to assert that such rapid approval must have been the result of a shady deal to benefit those with financial connections to whatever companies developed and marketed the treatment, accusations which would probably negatively impact the ability of those companies to bring additional hair loss treatments to market, as well as the ability of the FDA to issue timely approval of any future hair loss treatments.

In short, if you're going to go to the mat to push for fast FDA approval of a hair loss treatment, you really should be sure it's a superlative treatment -- because it if fails, it might be the last such approved treatment for quite a while.

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Originally posted by gmonasco
      Something to consider is what would happen if the FDA were to fast-track approval of a hair loss treatment that ultimately proved to have significant harmful effects. The likely public response would be (rightly or wrongly) to assert that such rapid approval must have been the result of a shady deal to benefit those with financial connections to whatever companies developed and marketed the treatment, accusations which would probably negatively impact the ability of those companies to bring additional hair loss treatments to market, as well as the ability of the FDA to issue timely approval of any future hair loss treatments.

In short, if you're going to go to the mat to push for fast FDA approval of a hair loss treatment, you really should be sure it's a superlative treatment -- because it if fails, it might be the last such approved treatment for quite a while.
      This is exactly the kind of contribution I'd like to see done to a movement helping Aderans get the green light.

Comment

• BoSox
        • Jun 2010

That video was disappointing. By the time this comes out I will be NW4, Aderans will only work for very early hair loss.

Just give me a hair piece, i'm tired of this shit.

Comment

• UK Boy
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BoSox
          That video was disappointing. By the time this comes out I will be NW4, Aderans will only work for very early hair loss.

Just give me a hair piece, i'm tired of this shit.
          This is exactly what I mean, Aderans does seem really disappointing now, it's sh*t! I was so upset after I properly watched this video. I honestly can't see how they're gonna get much business from it especially since it's actually quite invasive for something that yields such poor results. I bet they're planning on targeting guys who are gonna have a strip procedure anyway. So they'll basically say "Well you're having 20 odd cm squared of your scalp cut out anyway, why not add on an extra 1cm squared and potentially get some extra density". Lol. I dunno but I do know I wouldn't wanna lose 100 odd healthy hair follicles for minimum regeneration, I'd sooner go to Dr. Gho and have him turn that 100 into 200.

Comment

• greatjob!
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
            This is exactly the kind of contribution I'd like to see done to a movement helping Aderans get the green light.
            You can start whatever movement you want, the FDA only fast tracks experimental treatments for terminal diseases and then within that disease only the patients facing certain death. You could be the president of the U.S. and you aren't getting any cosmetic treatment fast tracked

Comment

• UK_
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by greatjob!
              You can start whatever movement you want, the FDA only fast tracks experimental treatments for terminal diseases and then within that disease only the patients facing certain death. You could be the president of the U.S. and you aren't getting any cosmetic treatment fast tracked
              The thing is though, these are your own cells, the only element that poses any risk is through the cell multiplication process, this procedure however should be more cost and time efficient than bringing a new drug to the market, sadly it doesnt seem to be.

Comment

• greatjob!
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                The thing is though, these are your own cells, the only element that poses any risk is through the cell multiplication process, this procedure however should be more cost and time efficient than bringing a new drug to the market, sadly it doesnt seem to be.
                I want a treatment to come to market yesterday like everyone, but the potential for cancer to develop exists whenever you multiply cells or mess with the cell cycle. I'm just saying everyone can hope for these treatments to be fast tracked all they want but the reality is that it won't happen. Hair loss sucks but cancer sucks more. The FDA isn't ever going to give cosmetic treatments priority, period, that's just the reality.

Comment

Working...