+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yeah this is precisely why I would like to start small (0.5mg a day) give it a weeks and see if it does any good and/or any bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldcha View Post
    Yeah this is precisely why I would like to start small (0.5mg a day) give it a weeks and see if it does any good and/or any bad.
    No problem, I hope it works out well for you. Just incase here is some basic information on what your taking.

5 Alpha Reducase 2 - Enzyme Inhibited by Finasteride - Testosterone -> DHThttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-alpha_reductase

Dihydrotestosterone - Decreased by inhibiting the enzyme 5AR2http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone

There's not a massive difference in lowering the dosages as far as the decrease in DHT though it's effect may not last as long.

Hope this information helps, really wish I had all this before I took it.

Cheers

I know I have read quite a bit on the half-life of the drug and how it is not necessarily because the half-life is that long that it gets out of your system exactly according to the half-life.

Even after this whole browsing and reading I still cannot help myself thinking that taking smaller dose on a regular basis would prevent a yoyo effect and be both effective but without decreasing the average levels too much...

I know it is not based on scientific knowledge at all, and most probably a stupid statement...

I know I have read quite a bit on the half-life of the drug and how it is not necessarily because the half-life is that long that it gets out of your system exactly according to the half-life.

Even after this whole browsing and reading I still cannot help myself thinking that taking smaller dose on a regular basis would prevent a yoyo effect and be both effective but without decreasing the average levels too much...

I know it is not based on scientific knowledge at all, and most probably a stupid statement...
    No worries. Trust your own judgement. I'm not here to change your mind, just thought i'd share some info. I never thought i'd get any sides off two tablets, but going through PFS is the most horrible thing I ever experienced...

Good luck with your treatment mate, hope it goes well.

So I have been on Finpecia, one pill eod and then 0.5mg a day, for less than 3 weeks.

I did notice less shedding when showering and on my desk but I started using nizoral and growthick at the same time so...

But more importantly I also noticed that whereas my sex drive is still here it has become trickier to get a full hard erection... I know I am not the first one and this is a typical case encountered by some users...

I would like to know if erection dysfunction could be like some other side effects (such as brain fog) which go away with time?
    I know there is probably no correct answer but I would like to know if some people have experienced mild erectile dysfunction at the beginning of the treatment which went away over time?

Than you all.

I haven't had any ED, but I did have a nut ache for two days really early on, and sometimes I feel like my chest is warm.

Honestly, I'm not worried about it at this time. I'm keeping an eye on it, but I'm still trucking. For what it's worth, I could see how being paranoid about sides could bleed into intimate interactions and the anxiety would kill your performance. That's not to say I don't believe in sides, but I think over-thinking it can be just as detrimental.

I know I'm not answering your main concern directly, but hopefully my experience is worth something to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroes View Post
    I took two 1mg tablets. I know this may seem crazy how two tablets gave me side effects...:-)
    Yes. It is crazy. And you are crazy, too.

Hi everyone,

Nothing extraordinary about my story: only 25 and Norwood 3 (I know there are worse cases out there, I know).
    I always used to put a lot of gel in my hair and as such I would not notice the receding hairline or the loss of density.

This was until 3 years ago when I talked with a guy 5 years older than me who, within the conversation, started talking about it. Even after this talk I was not really concerned about it and then it gradually started to be become more visible. I then changed my hair cut so one would not notice it and got by (more or less) for another year even though I could clearly notice that one could see more and more of my scalp through my forehead hair.

This now occupies my mind way more than before and it also takes lots (too much) of my time (reading about stories, medication, surgeons, checking my hairline, checking my friends'...). Besides, since I am working in Japan, it is even worse as there are very very few people my age who are loosing their hair here (and even people in their 30's or 40's have most of the time very dense hairlines here...). It only amplifies the "why me?" question...

Anyway I decided to take action and after a lot of reading, I have ordered nizoral 2%, minoxydil and finpecia.
    I will use nizoral once a week and minoxydil twice daily and I am still hesitating for the finasteride... I figured I would have the medication ready in case I decide to start.

As such I have a question about finasteride: I am not a gymaholic and in fact I do my training at home. I am not aiming at being super big, I mostly train with my bodyweight and just like to stay fit. Given those facts I was wondering how significant is the potential loss of strength that is reported. If it is the kind of strength loss that will prevent you from completing the tenth repetition on a 80kg biceps curl, I think I can manage. But if I am not able to complete a, let's say, 5x10 inclined push-ups typical workout exercise this might deter me. Of course I would stop the medication probably right away if I were to experience any of the usual side effects and that's why I am asking about this particular as I am not quite sure about it.

Finally I have not found a lot of review on the shampoo Growthick by Grorganics and I would like to know what you guys think about it as a regular shampoo when not using nizoral...

Thanks.
    The lowering of DHT may lead to some decrease of muscle gains, but it is very negligible. Nothing to worry about.
    http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...threadid=99862

P.S.: Do not listen to neurotic hypochondriacs on internet forums. They die even from one pill of finasteride a week and have such a rich fantasy that they make up dozens of new "side effects" every year. There is virtually nothing that they couldn't connect with the use of finasteride, including the mad cow disease.

These people need psychiatric help first, dermatological help second.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    The lowering of DHT may lead to some decrease of muscle gains, but it is very negligible. Nothing to worry about.
    http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...threadid=99862

P.S.: Do not listen to neurotic hypochondriacs on internet forums. They die even from one pill of finasteride a week and have such a rich fantasy that they make up dozens of new "side effects" every year. There is virtually nothing that they couldn't connect with the use of finasteride, including the mad cow disease.

These people need psychiatric help first, dermatological help second.
    Agreed.

There is a difference between coming here to sharing their own unfortunate personal experience - and becoming some noted critically acclaimed spokesperson dedicated to squashing the evil finasteride.

There is no critically acclaimed spokesperson who can go around attesting to the evils of finasteride as a whole. The percentage of men who have noticeable side effects for any length of time is 4%

Sometimes people need to makes sense of their own lives, and give some meaning to their experiences.

Some guys need to take the fact Fin or Rogaine did not help them to a satisfactory degree and make it some national calamity so they dont feel that they were short changed.

If their misfortune is translated into a common occurrence , it justifies why it didnt work for them and they got jerked around, not the simple truth that it just didnt work for them.

I have read many complaints and very few seem realistic to me. However, there are common side effects.

Think about this:

Every time we see a commercial for some new drug, half way though it the guy rattles off a boat load of potential side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    Yes. It is crazy. And you are crazy, too.
    Your a dickhead..Why would I lie about something like that? So many douchebags on this forum.

Am I being a hypochondriact...no. I'm better now, I clearly stated my experience.

Congratulations it worked for you, but some people get side effects you useless ****.