+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So do you guys think it will be realistic to do some sightseeing in London the days directly after the surgery? Or will my head look pretty miserable in public and I really shouldn't cover it with a hat?
    I need to book my flights now so basically need to decide how to do this.

I also got some more information about the surgery now.
    It says you cannot drink alcohol a couple of days before the surgery in order to minimize the bleeding. I actually have a social gathering to attend to the days before. Do you think it is actually critical not to drink any alcohol the days before?
    How about the days efterwards? Did you guys consume any alcohol in the days before and after the HST?

I know this is just details, but it would be very good to know before booking the flights.

Quote Originally Posted by censur View Post
    So do you guys think it will be realistic to do some sightseeing in London the days directly after the surgery? Or will my head look pretty miserable in public and I really shouldn't cover it with a hat?
    I need to book my flights now so basically need to decide how to do this.

I also got some more information about the surgery now.
    It says you cannot drink alcohol a couple of days before the surgery in order to minimize the bleeding. I actually have a social gathering to attend to the days before. Do you think it is actually critical not to drink any alcohol the days before?
    How about the days efterwards? Did you guys consume any alcohol in the days before and after the HST?

I know this is just details, but it would be very good to know before booking the flights.

I hope for your sake Gho can say you can wear a light hat after the surgery. It would be a massive shame to visit London and not do any sightseeing. There is so much to see, historically and culturally. Also, many of the museums are free as well.
    Re your social gathering two days before, just tell your friends/colleagues you are on anti-biotics for an ear condition or something, and that you can't drink.

Your head is going to look a bit of a mess for the first week of recovery.

swelling... scabs... inflammation... it's not a good look.

I personally avoided going outside and wearing a hat because I was ultra careful with the recipient area. I chilled out in my hotel room for the most part... but that was in Amsterdam and it was snowing heaps outside anyway.

I'd also wouldn't recommend drinking alcohol. It thins your blood, which isn't good during surgery... I believe it makes it harder for the doctor and technicians because you bleed more and it gets in the way?

You're not allowed to wear a hat for 5 days, but if really needed, they can provide a special hat at the clinic. But like Sanook, noted, why would anyone take the risk of damaging the grafts ? I think wearing a hat the first few days is just plain stupid.

I chilled at my hotel as well the first few days and then flew back, I think after 4 days.

If you really want to see the city, then why don't you come a few days in advance ?