+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Jesus Christ.

I JUST TOLD YOU WHAT TO DO!

Look, if you want to do nothing and be told how to fix your hair loss then by all means go to a clinic and let them take your money and sell your shit that doesn't work.

Or, and the choice is yours, you can spend a little bit of time researching this.

Look at the top bar, it says "Search". Use that for a bit.
    Look mate, I'm sorry but I'm still confused here - are you saying not to bother with hair transplants from a clinic, and seek other ways to regrow hair.........or are you just referring to clinics trying to take my money with bogus treatments like laser?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Tracy is irrational and stupid as ****.
    SMH. That's uncalled for.

Stay away from laser treatments.

Only do it if you have nothing else to do with your money. If you grow money from a tree, then go ahead and do it.

HT would be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    It is in your best interest to ignore Highlander. He is not hooked up right in the head. He is also deeply wrong about me and he gets aggressive with me for no legitimate reasons. Mature intelligent people can easily see that in his texts - and the forum admins are well aware of it.

Rogaine is only appropriate if you have thinning in your vertex and/or mid-anterior areas. Rogaine does not work in the hair line for most males. Some males have even found that attempting to use Rogaine on their hair lines had made the problem worsen. You need to know that before you decide to attempt to use Rogaine on your hair line. You need to decide if you can live with the possibility that using it on your hair line might make the problem worse.

Tracy I disagree 100% with your last paragraph. Although Rogaine states their product is not intended for the hairline (studies were conducted with application on vertex) that does not mean it is not effective at the hairline. I have personally had results by using minox at the hairline, just as a few may state they have experienced an acceleration of thinning by applying it at the hairline. Whose to say that's not just the normal progression of MPB?

It's not helpful to advise others to not try Rogaine at the hairline when the individual may benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    SMH. That's uncalled for.
    it really wasn't, highLander gave the guy great advice while she spouted her ignorant BS,

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    Look mate, I'm sorry but I'm still confused here - are you saying not to bother with hair transplants from a clinic, and seek other ways to regrow hair.........or are you just referring to clinics trying to take my money with bogus treatments like laser?

Thanks
    Hair loss clinics (not transplant clinics) will charge you huge amounts of money and put you on minoxidil, finasteride and sometimes useless things like lasercomb and saw palmetto. They will charge a huge mark up for these things and for every appointment you have.

Minoxidil DOES work on the hair line, it just works on around half as many men on the hair line as it does on the vertex. http://yupb.com/preventing/preventing-1355.html

You need to read up on minox and finasteride, educate yourself on the side effects, and make an informed decision as to whether you want to take them or not.