Aames' Dutasteride Log

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

25, I always forget if it's you who doesn't use minoxidil or not? I think you told me you don't use it, I forgot the reason. You should get on minoxidil foam, it works really well with dut.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
      25, I always forget if it's you who doesn't use minoxidil or not? I think you told me you don't use it, I forgot the reason. You should get on minoxidil foam, it works really well with dut.
      True I do not use minox. I hate the idea of being chained to a topical that you use 1-2x every day. Also I tried Kirkland brand liquid a couple years back & it made my skin very very uncomfortable. I think I might have been allergic or something?

But yes I am reconsidering

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
        True I do not use minox. I hate the idea of being chained to a topical that you use 1-2x every day. Also I tried Kirkland brand liquid a couple years back & it made my skin very very uncomfortable. I think I might have been allergic or something?

But yes I am reconsidering
        Me too, it's the PPG. I switched to foam, it doesn't give me any itching at all. The PPG on Kirkland's minoxidil liquid killed my scalp.

I just got my 6 months supply of Kirkland's minoxidil foam, I still have 5 cans of Rogaine left but i'm going to start using Kirklands foam tonight to see if there's any difference.

$60 for 6 months supply, as opposed to $60 for 4 months Rogaine foam. I paid $180 for 12 Rogaine cans, that will be $120 for Kirklands.

One thing though, the liquid is better than the foam in terms of results.

Comment

• optimisticyouth
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by irishpotatoes322
          @25_going_on_65, uk_, luganoa and konfusion

I honestly can't even imagine what dut would do to me if .25mg fin every 3-4 days gives me those exact same symptoms. it's pretty ironic because since taking propecia, my skin has really cleared up and I've easily put on 10lbs of muscle with minimal fat gains. in other words, I look great, but no matter what I do, the lack of DHT is unmistakable; without a doubt, fin has seriously reduced my quality of life from a mental perspective, and I'm generally a happy-go-lucky kind of guy with great friends. it's ridiculous. I'm quitting fin for once and for all if my body doesn't adapt by the 1 year mark, there is absolutely no reason to become a shell of your former self for hair, I'd rather get on that dht hype train and become the bald guy with a ton of energy and positive outlook on life.
          I've been taking .25 mgs over the past month or so and I haven't felt jack. Idk if I'm supposed to feel anything at all though.

Comment

• luganoa
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
            At some point in my first 4-5 months on dut I felt like my typing might be impaired. (My typing at work must be very formal/perfect, nothing like it is on this forum) Like my fingers just were not hitting the right keys....

Azaming, I've dha that oto... hahaha!

...seriously my typing has got worse too. I've been thinking its the wireless keyboard i'm using packing up...

I've been using online purchased dut for about 2 years and i've been worried that the stuff is contaminated or full of fillers.

I finally got my friend in India to send me some Dut (CIPLA Duprost) he bought direct from a reputable chemist. It's loads cheaper than the online websites. I'll let you know if my foggy brain clears and my typing improves....

Comment

• luganoa
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by luganoa

I finally got my friend in India to send me some Dut (CIPLA Duprost) he bought direct from a reputable chemist. It's loads cheaper than the online websites. I'll let you know if my foggy brain clears and my typing improves....
              Finally got the Dutas delivered. I was sent me two types to try out, Duprost and Dutas.

The first surprise is that they are both in Gelatin capsule form (pictures attached. All the Dutasteride I've bought online over the last 2 years have been in a tiny pill form. He said he went to quite a few reputable chemists and all sold Gelatin capsules so I guess it must be OK.

Does anyone have any experience about this?
              Attached Files

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                • Jan 2011

Mine are gelatin form.

Comment

• capitan
                  • Oct 2013

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                  Nope. No way. Doctors would definitely go against that.

Since I have had no sides from fin 1.25 every day for 4 years, I upgraded to dut 0.5 every day and haven't dropped fin out of fear of losing the hair fin has maintained, if any. I know that dut is just a stronger version of fin, but I don't know, it's just senseless fear in my part I guess. I took my 5th dut pill today and still no signs of sides, but I guess it's too early to tell. I expect to have no sides though, I think my MPB is too aggressive and dut+fin at best would only tickle my MPB. That is where Rogaine comes in, I hope it gives me a little boost.
                  PatientlyWaiting, in those 4 years, did you continue losing significant amounts of hair?

Or did the Finasteride stabilize your hair loss?

I'm a NW2.5 and it's getting very hard to style these days, I just want to maintain. I've been on Fin for over 2 months.

Thanks.

And Aames, you have awesome hair, and I think we all know you're going to at least maintain it. Congratulations.

I would hop on Dutasteride too, but unfortunately at 17, Fin is where I draw the line. I want to hit 21 before I take on something like Dut.

Good luck.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                    • Jan 2011

It kept me at NW3 so yeah it stabilized. I don't like it, but it could be worse. I could have gotten sides, It could have not worked at all, etc. Stopping hair loss is better than nothing. It has been even more valuable because I might be getting FUE done next year, so I won't need a massive amount of grafts to rebuild my hairline.

Comment

Working...