+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    I'm not looking for a Doctor Cole - what's this about . Also just wondering why you think a cheap hair transplant in a country like Turkey is bad?
    There are many ways to make a hair transplant look like a hair transplant. No man wants people staring at their hairline trying to figure out what happened. Nearly every surgery day at Dr. Cole's office, we see patients in for repair. Here is the short list of things that commonly go wrong with a hair transplant:

1.) Hairline placed too low. As the patient continues to lose hair, he ends up with an unnatural "island" of hair across his forehead.

2.) Pitting... Grafts placed too deep.

3.) Tenting... Looks like hair growing from small bumps in the scalp.

4.) Wrong hair direction in the recipient area. We had a patient in last month for repair whose entire hair transplant was placed perpendicular.

5.) Two and even three hair follicular units placed on the hairline. Does not look natural and draws attention to the hairline.

6.) Excessive scarring in the recipient and donor areas.

See photo of today's hair transplant repair patient. This is a pre-op photo:

35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	repair.jpg

Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	19700  

To answer your question, I had mine done in Turkey. Compared to the prices in the UK it was shockingly cheap. So when it's cheap you always think bad. However, this is not always so. It's just cheaper labour out there. I am sure there are cheaper places than Turkey. I heard some people mention Eastern Europe countries. I don't know what the right answer is. Whether it's the most expensive, or the most famous. All I know is that everyone needs to do their own research and do what's best for them.

I will tell you what. I have met some really nice people on this forum with good knowledge. I pop in to this forum once in a while. I don't see those guys much. I asked most my questions here. I had very little knowledge on the subject at the time. Even know I have limited knowledge. But I understood the procedure and the pro's and con's.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    To answer your question, I had mine done in Turkey. Compared to the prices in the UK it was shockingly cheap. So when it's cheap you always think bad. However, this is not always so. It's just cheaper labour out there. I am sure there are cheaper places than Turkey. I heard some people mention Eastern Europe countries. I don't know what the right answer is. Whether it's the most expensive, or the most famous. All I know is that everyone needs to do their own research and do what's best for them.

I will tell you what. I have met some really nice people on this forum with good knowledge. I pop in to this forum once in a while. I don't see those guys much. I asked most my questions here. I had very little knowledge on the subject at the time. Even know I have limited knowledge. But I understood the procedure and the pro's and con's.
    Can you tell us the clinic from where you got your HT and how much was the price?

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Can you tell us the clinic from where you got your HT and how much was the price?
    I am happy to give you the price etc. and the clinic. However, I must stress I am NOT recommending any organisation to anyone. So far 5 months in I am happy with the result. I will need a second session after a year as I need a total of 5,500 grafts (roughly). After a year or so I would be comfortable about saying or recommending them. It is way too early for me to be recommending them or anyone else.

Anyway, I used Beauty Travel 24. The actual hospital is actually owned by big German healthcare company. The hospital was like a 5 star hotel. I did not actually stay at their accommodation because I took my 4 year old daughter with me and my wife (made a short holiday out of it), and they could not accomodate kids that young kids because of insurance reasons, so I stayed in a private hotel. I had 3,400 grafts done in one long day. I paid 2,350 Euros, which worked out to be I think about £1,800, it included accommodation, and a driver to take me from airport and back plus to hospital.

This the link for their prices: http://www.beautytravels24.com/hair-...sts-prices.php

I stress again, you need to do your own research and I am not going to recommend this company or any other company. I can only tell you my own experience. I am sure they have done good FUE as well as some bad ones, like any company.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    I am happy to give you the price etc. and the clinic. However, I must stress I am NOT recommending any organisation to anyone. So far 5 months in I am happy with the result. I will need a second session after a year as I need a total of 5,500 grafts (roughly). After a year or so I would be comfortable about saying or recommending them. It is way too early for me to be recommending them or anyone else.

Anyway, I used Beauty Travel 24. The actual hospital is actually owned by big German healthcare company. The hospital was like a 5 star hotel. I did not actually stay at their accommodation because I took my 4 year old daughter with me and my wife (made a short holiday out of it), and they could not accomodate kids that young kids because of insurance reasons, so I stayed in a private hotel. I had 3,400 grafts done in one long day. I paid 2,350 Euros, which worked out to be I think about £1,800, it included accommodation, and a driver to take me from airport and back plus to hospital.

This the link for their prices: http://www.beautytravels24.com/hair-...sts-prices.php

I stress again, you need to do your own research and I am not going to recommend this company or any other company. I can only tell you my own experience. I am sure they have done good FUE as well as some bad ones, like any company.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the info, and Vow, that is dirt cheap indeed. Hope you have great results.