+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    306

    Default Youtube video: Getting wig fitted experiment - opinons?

    Just came across this video there on youtube.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXUdF_e0QSE


    Any opinions? Do you think the wig really looks convincing, do you think it would look realistic for a man trying to conceal MPB? If so, any inklings as to how much (a) a wig of this quality would cost, (b) what would the monthly styling costs be and (c) how airtight and unflinching would such a system be - would wind or water make it noticeable or perhaps even blow it off?

    I made another thread about hairpieces and came away feeling that perhaps it would be a bad route, however after watching I'm re-thinking and re-considering my position.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    594

    Default

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CWCK9Jlu3Y

    Is a WAY better toupee cut in and showing.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CWCK9Jlu3Y

    Is a WAY better toupee cut in and showing.
    That looks better. The main problems I've observed with hair pieces are either that the density is too high, or the wearer has lost most/all of their temple points.

    And overall, you want a nice style as you want to look better anyway.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Buster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    203

    Default

    The hair line looks ridiculous.

  5. #5
    Junior Member oxo2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    Just came across this video there on youtube.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXUdF_e0QSE


    Any opinions? Do you think the wig really looks convincing, do you think it would look realistic for a man trying to conceal MPB? If so, any inklings as to how much (a) a wig of this quality would cost, (b) what would the monthly styling costs be and (c) how airtight and unflinching would such a system be - would wind or water make it noticeable or perhaps even blow it off?

    I made another thread about hairpieces and came away feeling that perhaps it would be a bad route, however after watching I'm re-thinking and re-considering my position.

    There's nothing wrong with the system. It's the STYLIST who's at fault. She butchered that hair system and left the man who's wearing it look like a complete idiot.

    Yes, it looks fake and yes, the haircut is AWFUL. To be honest, I wouldn't dare go out in public with that thing on my head.

  6. #6
    Junior Member oxo2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stratofortress View Post
    ...The main problems I've observed with hair pieces are either that the density is too high, or the wearer has lost most/all of their temple points.

    ...
    A full cap with LOW DENSITY is the only solution.

  7. #7
    Junior Member oxo2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    21

    Default

    And I would say the guy in the video is himself wearing a hair system. His temple points have totally gone.


  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The hair line looks ridiculous.
    Which one do you think looks ridiculous? In both videos, the artificial hair line looks normal and age appropriate.

    Puzzled

  9. #9
    Junior Member oxo2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Which one do you think looks ridiculous? In both videos, the artificial hair line looks normal and age appropriate.

    Puzzled
    With all respect, this finished 'hairstyle' does not look 'normal, natural or age appropriate'.



    That guy has to be 53 if he's a day.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oxo2010 View Post
    With all respect, this finished 'hairstyle' does not look 'normal, natural or age appropriate'.
    Hahaha I don't like the hair style either but the comment was about the hair line, not the hair style.

Similar Threads

  1. update on hair growth and the not shaving it experiment
    By ChrisM in forum Hair Loss Rants
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 07:33 AM
  2. FUE Hair Transplant ? First Live YouTube Surgical Event
    By tbtadmin in forum The Bald Truth: Show Archives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 09:00 AM
  3. Yale's research & a new experiment u can try now
    By a_mk82 in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 12:13 PM
  4. British Scientist Conduct Experiment
    By chewytorch in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 12:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Young men's experience with Propecia
11-04-2011 01:31 AM
by timmis
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:57 PM
The Big 3 might not be working...
09-30-2016 10:50 PM
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:51 PM
Restarting Minoxdil after 5 months
11-03-2010 05:29 PM
by aiyosh
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:48 PM
What sucks the most about getting a HT?
10-06-2016 12:09 PM
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:45 PM
help Still thinning and shedding....
10-18-2016 09:14 AM
by alam962
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:43 PM
Sides from propecia what to do ?
10-09-2016 03:37 AM
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:39 PM