+ Reply to Thread

Default Questions About Gho

1) If on average most people have about 6,000-8,000 donor grafts, why does he have a limit of 2,500 grafts per session?

2) Gho makes the claim of 80% regeneration in donor follicles. Other doctors are claiming 50%. Assuming the worst case scenario, can a NW7 still be restored to NW0/NW1 at 50% regeneration? How about at 80%?

3) Can Gho not switch between original donor and regenerated donor to increase overall achievable recipient hair? For example, lets say there are 15,000 grafts in total on the back of someones head. Can Gho not just keep harvesting from all 15,000 instead of being limited to just 6-8k? I mean, lets say he uses up 6,000 grafts out of 15,000 and of those 6,000 only 50% regenerated, so 3,000 are left of typical donor. But what about the other 9,000 thousand grafts? Can he not take advantage of those when regeneration still happens? Why not just keep harvesting grafts at random from the 15,000? Wouldnt that basically mean if 50% were to regenerate, than from 15,000 we'd get that many grafts for the scalp with a minimum of half left over in the back?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post

2) Gho makes the claim of 80% regeneration in donor follicles. Other doctors are claiming 50%. Assuming the worst case scenario, can a NW7 still be restored to NW0/NW1 at 50% regeneration? How about at 80%?
    Who are the doctors who make the 50% claim?
    Could you see any proof of this claim?

NW-7 to NW0/NW1 - with, or without a hairline density of 100 grafts/cm²?

Why not just keep harvesting grafts at random from the 15,000?
    Do they always mark with tattoos or something every extraction site?

this is gc 24 days after his 3rd HST...
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/12...2024%20010.JPG

Could you please make green dots (=Ok) and red dots (=not ok) in the photo, so that they know for gc's 4th HST what they should extract and what not?

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Who are the doctors who make the 50% claim?
    Could you see any proof of this claim?
    Dr. Cole said he was seeing 50-60% regeneration on average. Remember seeing that comment somewhere.

NW-7 to NW0/NW1 - with, or without a hairline density of 100 grafts/cm²?
    Anywhere from 50-60 grafts/cm2 just to make it look thick enough not to look thinning.

Do they always mark with tattoos or something every extraction site?

this is gc 24 days after his 3rd HST...
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/12...2024%20010.JPG

Could you please make green dots (=Ok) and red dots (=not ok) in the photo, so that they know for gc's 4th HST what they should extract and what not?

I dont understand what your getting at but, are you implying that Gho makes marks on each graft? Then no, that'd be insane. In my eyes its crazy to think you can mark down each graft unless they have a way of telling which grafts have been harvested from prior procedures.

I'm just trying to see what would be the minimum to maximum number of grafts receivable in recipient area given 50-80% regeneration with obviously far more than 8,000 grafts at the back of the head.

However, can you tell us why 2,500 grafts arent done on all patients if desired?

1) If on average most people have about 6,000-8,000 donor grafts, why does he have a limit of 2,500 grafts per session?

3) Can Gho not switch between original donor and regenerated donor to increase overall achievable recipient hair? For example, lets say there are 15,000 grafts in total on the back of someones head. Can Gho not just keep harvesting from all 15,000 instead of being limited to just 6-8k? I mean, lets say he uses up 6,000 grafts out of 15,000 and of those 6,000 only 50% regenerated, so 3,000 are left of typical donor. But what about the other 9,000 thousand grafts? Can he not take advantage of those when regeneration still happens? Why not just keep harvesting grafts at random from the 15,000? Wouldnt that basically mean if 50% were to regenerate, than from 15,000 we'd get that many grafts for the scalp with a minimum of half left over in the back?

Ironman, Dr. Cole is getting anywhere from 10-70% regrowth of donor area. On average 50-60% though.

Hellouser,
    1. He has to give a certain amount of space between each extraction to not damage the area and to not cause too much inflammation or they won't regenerate.

2. As dr. Umar explains, it depends on the density you want. Assuming worst case scenario you go nw7 and have an area of 200cm^2 to cover on your head (average area for a nw7) you would need 7000+ grafts to have a density of around 35 per cm^2....When I emailed Gho, he told me 7-8 sessions of 1200-1400 grafts for good full coverage and more if you want more density. Dr. Umar states you need approximately 1000 grafts for each norwood...depending on hair texture and color as well. i.e.. someone with curly hair doesn't need as much because curly hair gives better coverage...or someone with blonde hair doesn't need as much because the hair blends better with the scalp.

and I'm not sure of 3. ironman may have to chime in for that one.

Dr. Cole said he was seeing 50-60% regeneration on average. Remember seeing that comment somewhere.
    Ahh, you're talking about the guy who is simply throwing out any numbers - like Histogen and Aderans.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Ironman, Dr. Cole is getting anywhere from 10-70% regrowth of donor area. On average 50-60% though.

Hellouser,
    1. He has to give a certain amount of space between each extraction to not damage the area and to not cause too much inflammation or they won't regenerate.

2. As dr. Umar explains, it depends on the density you want. Assuming worst case scenario you go nw7 and have an area of 200cm^2 to cover on your head (average area for a nw7) you would need 7000+ grafts to have a density of around 35 per cm^2....When I emailed Gho, he told me 7-8 sessions of 1200-1400 grafts for good full coverage and more if you want more density. Dr. Umar states you need approximately 1000 grafts for each norwood...depending on hair texture and color as well. i.e.. someone with curly hair doesn't need as much because curly hair gives better coverage...or someone with blonde hair doesn't need as much because the hair blends better with the scalp.

Thank you!

This is definitely encouraging! I feel like I only need 2 visits with Gho to restore my hair to a normal state! I'm somewhere between NW2.5-4. NW3 for sure without thinning but my temples aren't as bad as say, Jude Law's but more like Wesley Snejder's. However I'm still thin up top. This is awesome though! Definitely encouraging

I'm still curious as hell about my #3 inquiry.... would be nice if Ironman could drop the senseless bashing of Aderans/Histogen and just keep up the positive promotion of Gho. For all his downfalls of being a negative nancy outside of Gho, I definitely see him as an asset to answering questions about Gho

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post

I don't know what he means either and I wonder what good are such threads ...

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10877

You only have certain (whole) number of grafts in your SAFETY ZONE = permanent hairs area. This number can range around 12,000 - 16,000 follicular units (=grafts) all in all.

Per HST procedure, they do not extract more than 10% to maximal 15% from this whole number of grafts in your SAFETY ZONE - that's simply "a law" for the HST procedure concerning the donor regeneration part.

So now you know why you rather rarely can see extraction/graft numbers beyond 1200 or 1600 grafts per HST procedure - period. There will not be any big changes in future concerning this part, because, in fact, we could already clearly see how well this works for the donor area - e.g. twice almost the same regrowth rate in gc's case and I'm pretty sure I will get the same rate after my 2nd procedure and my donor -especially with my USB microcope- will still look virgin and still "recyclable" - and all this is simply not so with every other technique.

Sure, I could get (and cheaper) 3000 grafts with 1 procedure with normal FUE but thereafter - what??
    Using my ass-hairs or what to get a FULL coverage?
    What other doctors in such cases actually do - they simply rob such candidates the chance to get a pretty good coverage and density with normal scalp hair - and that's simply a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    So now you know why you rather rarely can see extraction/graft numbers beyond 1200 or 1600 grafts per HST procedure - period. There will not be any big changes in future concerning this part ...
    As I wrote in another thread, I am putting hope on Histogen/Aderans. Their products seem so far a let down, considering what they are supposed to do (ignite total hair regeneration) and what they actually do (a mild regeneration in the best case). If this picture does not improve, I think they should investigate if these products can improve the regeneration parameters of the Gho technique. In this case there are healthy follicles in place and their regeneration could see big improvements with the growth factors found in these products. In theory at least.

Also it would be very interesting to see what can be done with the transplanted stem cells. Could they be turned also into donor with such growth factors? Time will tell.