+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RU frequency

Default RU frequency

For those of you using RU, how often do you use it? I have heard once a day, every other day and five days a week. Also, how long have you been using it and what results have you gotten?

Thanks!
    FTL

I have been using RU once a day for 5 months now...

I think most people use it once a day.

I really do believe that RU has been very effective, by that i mean that it is working wonders on stoping the hair loss process...As far as regrowth can´t say i notice it tbh, at least not until now, but some thickening on the existing miniaturised hair!

RU is great, but i also think that it is needed to add other stuff...my interest is in saba gel and PSI...also maybe: minox sulphate, CB, adenosine, valproic acid, crth2 antagonist, calcipotriol, pge2, pgf2a, natriuretic peptides...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post

I really do believe that RU has been very effective, by that i mean that it is working wonders on stoping the hair loss process...As far as regrowth can´t say i notice it tbh, at least not until now, but some thickening on the existing miniaturised hair!

RU is great, but i also think that it is needed to add other stuff...my interest is in saba gel and PSI...also maybe: minox sulphate, CB, adenosine, valproic acid, crth2 antagonist, calcipotriol, pge2, pgf2a, natriuretic peptides...
    You should really make a thread on your progress with RU with before and after pictures. That will be pretty sweet

RU and CB should work best of all treatments, together they should give some serious results.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    You should really make a thread on your progress with RU with before and after pictures. That will be pretty sweet
    Yup, you're right dex, i really appreciate people that do logs of their progress...But i don't feal confortable posting my pictures...Anyway i'll take pictures now as baseline and if something promising happens i'll make before/after!
    Anyway so far i can say RU is effective at mainetenence! Note that it is my only treatment right now!

hellouser CB and RU together might be effective, but they are two anti androgens, for that I would pick one and add other stuff that cover other pathways!For now RU is a good choice since it works on some people and we have two vehicles that work (K&B and ethanol/PG).CB is even more promising, seems safer and works on inflamation as well, we only need to experiment a vehicle that shows to be effective (and maybe get the price down lol)

Guys I don't how people are not all in for PSI/Neosh 101...I know there were some sources that supplied eneffective stuff (fake or produced the wrong way) but, people that used the real stuff (some of them trusted people that are still around) they make it the holy grail of all the treatments they used...People should read about the trials on PSI and also about the science behind it: read BMP (bone morphogenic protein) + Proteassome inhibitor + NFKB + dr gregory mundy - all of these and hairloss (google it)

Yup, you're right dex, i really appreciate people that do logs of their progress...But i don't feal confortable posting my pictures...Anyway i'll take pictures now as baseline and if something promising happens i'll make before/after!
    Anyway so far i can say RU is effective at mainetenence! Note that it is my only treatment right now!

hellouser CB and RU together might be effective, but they are two anti androgens, for that I would pick one and add other stuff that cover other pathways!For now RU is a good choice since it works on some people and we have two vehicles that work (K&B and ethanol/PG).CB is even more promising, seems safer and works on inflamation as well, we only need to experiment a vehicle that shows to be effective (and maybe get the price down lol)

Guys I don't how people are not all in for PSI/Neosh 101...I know there were some sources that supplied eneffective stuff (fake or produced the wrong way) but, people that used the real stuff (some of them trusted people that are still around) they make it the holy grail of all the treatments they used...People should read about the trials on PSI and also about the science behind it: read BMP (bone morphogenic protein) + Proteassome inhibitor + NFKB + dr gregory mundy - all of these and hairloss (google it)
    Got any links info about this r PSI/Neosh 101?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Got any links info about this r PSI/Neosh 101?
    For you Kiwi...Hope everyone else appreciate this

Quote from someone in the original study: "It works on bone morphogenic protein (BMP). As stated, not only does it increase BMP2 (hair growth) and decrease BMP4 (hair loss) but it also inhibits the way the immune system attacks the hair follicle during MPB (anti-inflammatory properties) and inhibits cell apotosis (cell death) in the follicle. Aside from inhibiting proteasomal activity it also decreases the activity of the transcription factor NF-.kappa.B."
    PSI is also known as “Proteasome Inhibitor I” and formerly NEOSH101 when it was being developed by Neosil. It made it through to Phase 2b trials with “successful and encouraging results” before Neosil was acquired by a larger company which was then acquired by an even larger company (Leo Pharma) who shelved PS1 because Alopecia is not part of their current R&D pipeline.

This is very sad because OSH101 beacuse the results presented was amazing. OSH101 produced superior results compared to Rogaine® in the same models. This compound was only applied for 21 or 14 days in clinical trials and trial members began noticing regrowth already after 20 days from their 1st application. In fact, in the trials, peak hair counts were noted 8 weeks AFTER the two 14 day application cycles that were separated by a 1 month interval.

The good thing is that this peptide is not patented, the bad news is that its very very difficult to synthesize correctly and it must be at a purity level of 98% min. It can be done, it has been done by various labs in various groups but alot of them failed and/or received a product that was not genuine.

The most exciting part about this treatment is that it works in a totally unique fashion. “Topical administration of OSH101 strongly stimulates dormant hair follicles, increases hair follicle thickness, and overall hair growth” So it’s not going to just affect existing hair like Minox does, it affects DORMANT follicles as well. In the trials, there was a 5% increase in total hair count in JUST 28 days of treatment
    NF.Kappa.B
    http://marketplace.yet2.com/app/insi.../10336?sid=350
    Recently, a research group in Stanford University discovered a family of transcription factors, called NFkB, which governs the process of ageing. NFkB is activated by stress insults, such as inflammatory stimuli, DNA damage, and oxidative radical products. The aging processes include atrophy in tissue mass, decreased proliferative capacity, and increased frequency of cellular senescence. As a result, youthful and smooth skin is replaced with dry, wrinkled skin. Colored and thicker hair turns thinner and gray. Importantly, inactivation of NFkB reverses the aging process in skin. To prevent or delay hair loss and gray hair, a research need is to identify the important genes within the NFkB biological networks and to discover anti-NFkB technologies (e.g., inhibitors). The latter are likely to delay aging process, thereby allowing us to maintain thicker and pigmented hair, and a more youthful skin appearance.
    Bone Morphogenic Protein (BMP)
    http://genesdev.cshlp.org/content/22/4/543.long
    Hair follicle (HF) formation is initiated when epithelial stem cells receive cues from specialized mesenchymal dermal papilla (DP) cells. In culture, DP cells lose their HF-inducing properties, but during hair growth in vivo, they reside within the HF bulb and instruct surrounding epithelial progenitors to orchestrate the complex hair differentiation program. To gain insights into the molecular program that maintains DP cell fate, we previously purified DP cells and four neighboring populations and defined their cell-type-specific molecular signatures. Here, we exploit this information to show that the bulb microenvironment is rich in bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) that act on DP cells to maintain key signature features in vitro and hair-inducing activity in vivo. By employing a novel in vitro/in vivo hybrid knockout assay, we ablate BMP receptor 1a in purified DP cells. When DPs cannot receive BMP signals, they lose signature characteristics in vitro and fail to generate HFs when engrafted with epithelial stem cells in vivo. These results reveal that BMP signaling, in addition to its key role in epithelial stem cell maintenance and progenitor cell differentiation, is essential for DP cell function, and suggest that it is a critical feature of the complex epithelial–mesenchymal cross-talk necessary to make hair
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15617562
    Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs), their antagonists, and BMP receptors are involved in controlling a large number of biological functions including cell proliferation, differentiation, cell fate decision, and apoptosis in many different types of cells and tissues during embryonic development and postnatal life. BMPs exert their biological effects via using BMP-Smad and BMP-MAPK intracellular pathways. The magnitude and specificity of BMP signaling are regulated by a large number of modulators operating on several levels (extracellular, cytoplasmic, nuclear). In developing and postnatal skin, BMPs, their receptors, and BMP antagonists show stringent spatio-temporal expressions patterns to achieve proper regulation of cell proliferation and differentiation in the epidermis and in the hair follicle. Genetic studies assert an essential role for BMP signaling in the control of cell differentiation and apoptosis in developing epidermis, as well as in the regulation of key steps of hair follicle development (initiation, cell fate decision, cell lineage differentiation). In postnatal hair follicles, BMP signaling plays an important role in controlling the initiation of the growth phase and is also involved in the regulation of apoptosis-driven hair follicle involution. However, additional efforts are required to fully understand the mechanisms and targets involved in the realization of BMP effects on distinct cell population in the skin and hair follicle. Progress in this area of research will hopefully lead to the development of new therapeutic approaches for using BMPs and BMP antagonists in the treatment of skin and hair growth disorders
    Proteassome inhibitors
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18056049
    Proteasome inhibitors stimulate both bone formation and hair growth by similar mechanisms.
    We propose that the remodeling process that occurs in localized areas on endosteal bone surfaces and in Haversian canals shares many features in common with the mammalian hair cycle. In both, there are phases of resorption or regeneration, a transition phase, and then a phase of growth, termed anagen in the hair follicle, and formation in the bone remodeling cycle. Furthermore, we suggest that these processes both use the same molecular mechanisms, and specifically the Hedgehog-BMP-Wnt signal transduction cascades. We have found that proteasome inhibitors, which enhance bone formation by effects on these cascades, also stimulate anagen induction and hair growth in the murine and human hair follicle, and propose they do so by effects on similar or identical molecular targets.
    Hope this helps

Troy did your shed get progressively better through the 5 month treatment? I saw a decrease in shed in the first week but still shedding at a lower rate. Been treating for a couple months. I was just wondering if your shed got better with time or it slowed initially, then now sounds like you may start seeing some regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldJerry View Post
    Troy did your shed get progressively better through the 5 month treatment? I saw a decrease in shed in the first week but still shedding at a lower rate. Been treating for a couple months. I was just wondering if your shed got better with time or it slowed initially, then now sounds like you may start seeing some regrowth.
    No jerry, unfortunatly no regrowth! I definitly saw a great sheding reduction since the begining of using RU. RU reduced my shedding since the begining and has maintained my hair the same...maybe some thickening of small hairs, but that's it for now...tbh i don't think that RU is enough if you want to improve your hair, at least not for me!

Now i'm very interested in tackle inflamation/fibrosis with saba gel, and add PSI for all the reasons i quoted above

I also believe that CB in proper vehicle will prove to be superior to RU, since besides being an anti androgen it also has anti inflamatory properties...and should have no systemic side effects!