+ Reply to Thread

Default 27, thinning, looking for a little advice

So about 2 year ago I decided I wanted to hit the gym a bit more and bulk up a bit. Not knowing anything about the process of balding at the time and presumably my body going through it's own changes as I "got old" I sprouted some extra chest hair and put on some muscle. Now however I am aware that I probably also upped my test and DHT at that point in time, and yes it was about when my hair started thinning.

Having spent a bit of time looking around, the "easy" fixes that actually work are minox and finasteride. However despite 2 of my friends vouching for fins potential I am still a little scared of it.

So, I have had a couple of blood tests done, and had my test and estrogen levels checked, unfortunately my testosterone has been consistently below normal, and my estrogen level is on the low end of the normal range. This makes me a little bit concerned, since it seems my body is doing quite well and converting my testosterone to estrogen, if I take fin and up my test levels, am I likely to end up with gyno/problems etc?

Does anyone have any experience with hormone levels vs incidence of various sides?

Quote Originally Posted by Kova View Post
    Having spent a bit of time looking around, the "easy" fixes that actually work are minox and finasteride. However despite 2 of my friends vouching for fins potential I am still a little scared of it.
    That's about all I would need to hear to start fin, personally. None of my balding buddies have ever went to a doctor for their hairloss, they aren't familiar with what drugs for hairloss exist aside from Rogaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kova View Post

So, I have had a couple of blood tests done, and had my test and estrogen levels checked, unfortunately my testosterone has been consistently below normal, and my estrogen level is on the low end of the normal range. This makes me a little bit concerned, since it seems my body is doing quite well and converting my testosterone to estrogen, if I take fin and up my test levels, am I likely to end up with gyno/problems etc?

Does anyone have any experience with hormone levels vs incidence of various sides?
    I wish I knew the answer to this. For me, personally, I just got my baseline blood work done a bit ago and have more recently decided to commit to fin responsibly and try not to over think it.