+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default can i be that wrong?

i went to a very good transplant doctor.To see what's going on.When i went he said there is no reason to check you,you are just fine.He just ran his finger through my hair,you have no problem now he said.There is no reason to do any examination.There are many guys with real problem,i know it's logical to care about your hair but you have no problem.Ok i'll show you some pics and tell me cause i cant be that crazy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00026.jpg

Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	19506   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG000027.jpg

Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	19507  

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baldy1990 View Post
    i went to a very good transplant doctor.To see what's going on.When i went he said there is no reason to check you,you are just fine.He just ran his finger through my hair,you have no problem now he said.There is no reason to do any examination.There are many guys with real problem,i know it's logical to care about your hair but you have no problem.Ok i'll show you some pics and tell me cause i cant be that crazy!
    Young people often have very different standards for what they view as an acceptable head of hair. When I was 14, I noticed some minor temple recession. That minor recession later proved to be the least of my hair concerns. Rather than receding, my hair thinned out, first in front and later at the crown and back. When I was young, there was a popular TV show called "The Fugitive". I remember as a young person thinking the show's star David Janssen looked bald with a strip of hair on top.

-35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jansen.jpg

Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	19508  

Well it's not just what do you like or not,i look it and i'm sure it is mpb,it's not that i have this recession and i'll have this for many many years.So if you have mpb how can they think that you are fine and that you dont need to worry about your hair.Is this recession so minor for my age.Cause i went with the hope of giving me some infos about my hairline,the potentials,the thinning behind my hairline.To not be checked it is like that your hair are perfectly fine and you are just being paranoic..And i really see people here with much less problem than me and they are not considered paranoic and get more attention.So to not be checked is like that i'm not a mpb sufferer and i dont have the danger to thin a lot for the next 10 years am i wrong?Otherwise if i'm in a high risk of thinning a lot,i dont see why any doctor wont give me an attention.

Do i have very high standards for what a recession is?

Well it's not just what do you like or not,i look it and i'm sure it is mpb,it's not that i have this recession and i'll have this for many many years.So if you have mpb how can they think that you are fine and that you dont need to worry about your hair.Is this recession so minor for my age.Cause i went with the hope of giving me some infos about my hairline,the potentials,the thinning behind my hairline.To not be checked it is like that your hair are perfectly fine and you are just being paranoic..And i really see people here with much less problem than me and they are not considered paranoic and get more attention.So to not be checked is like that i'm not a mpb sufferer and i dont have the danger to thin a lot for the next 10 years am i wrong?Otherwise if i'm in a high risk of thinning a lot,i dont see why any doctor wont give me an attention.

No you are definitely receding. Your hair looks a lot like mine right now. I went to a very reputable hair doctor and they put me on minox and propecia right away. I had to quit propecia though recently because I got horrible sides from it, so I'm not going to recommend that to you. As bad as hair loss seems, it's not worth the nasty sides and possible long term sides of propecia. That being said, there is a good amount of people that don't get them as well, so it has to be your decision if you want to risk it. I got on RU now and haven't had sides from it and it's supposed to be better than propecia anyway.

What is your family history of hair loss?

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    What is your family history of hair loss?
    not much baldness my dad 70 with no hairloss,i'm more receded than him,my mothers father had his hair in 90 lol but one of her 2 brothers went bald,my father's father had very high temples,surely passed the norwood 2 and maybe 3 too at his 70

so i should not to go to another transplant surgeon to check me?

not much baldness my dad 70 with no hairloss,i'm more receded than him,my mothers father had his hair in 90 lol but one of her 2 brothers went bald,my father's father had very high temples,surely passed the norwood 2 and maybe 3 too at his 70

so i should not to go to another transplant surgeon to check me?
    What is your age if you don't mind me asking?

Your family history sounds like it's very good news for you. Sometimes though, MPB finds it's way to a young man from generations back. My brother-in-law receded quite a bit at an early age. The recession virtually stopped at around age 35. He's now over 70 and still has hair on top and no baldness in the rear.

Rogaine and a quality shampoo with DHT inhibitors would be my recommendation. I know of a great shampoo line, but mentioning it here would be considered shameless marketing that is generally not permitted in hair loss forums.

i'll be 23 in april.I also have seboreic dermatitis so i wash my hair everyday,I'll be very thankful if you have in mind a sampoo with dht inhibitor like you said.Do you think it's worthy to visit another hairtransplant surgeon?I want someone to check my miniturization.I want to do everything to discover the destiny of my hairline.I've heard people that do tests like but i dont know exactly what they do and what are the potentionals of science regarding checking hair and hairloss

Dude...really I would kill to have hair like that again.

i'll be 23 in april.I also have seboreic dermatitis so i wash my hair everyday,I'll be very thankful if you have in mind a sampoo with dht inhibitor like you said.Do you think it's worthy to visit another hairtransplant surgeon?I want someone to check my miniturization.I want to do everything to discover the destiny of my hairline.I've heard people that do tests like but i dont know exactly what they do and what are the potentionals of science regarding checking hair and hairloss
    I had seborrheic dermatitis when I was 14. I believe there are shampoos specifically designed to address seborrheic dermatitis but haven't used one in years. Many years ago, a doctor prescribed hydrocortisone for my seborrheic dermatitis. They claim that continued use of hydrocortisone cream can cause skin to become thinner which is of course not a good thing.

It's 1:19 Eastern time here. I'll be at work until 6:00 PM. Feel free to call me at 678-566-1011 with any additional questions related to general hair health. Dr. Cole generally will not perform hair transplant surgery on men in their early 20's, but I may be able to answer some general hair health related questions.