+ Reply to Thread

Default 20 year old loosing hair

I have been loosing my hair ever since I was 17... Thinning started at the temples & in the front of my hair. I really did start to loose my self esteem because I wasnt use to the dramtic changes. I felt like I wouldnt get girls anymore too lol. I mean honestly no girl between da ages of 18-25 wants a baldheaded boyfriend. Yea i kno bald is beautiful..older women dont care if yu looson yur hair. And I honestly wouldnt have had a problem with it if i was in my mid 30s or older. For cryin out loud im only 20! Lol my girlfriend that i have been currently been in a relationship with a year has noticed it.. Although its only really noticeable in sun light. She said she dont care about my hair & she would be with me regardless. (which i think she is only sayin dat because she is my GF lol.
    Anyway im a black Male
    Weight 162 height 6'1
    My dad still has his hair jus a littile receding hairline & my uncle on my mom side start loosing his hair at 18.so i think is from my mom's side! Also my cousin is loosing hair too. But in the crown. So i dont feel so bad lol but ill post pics & tell me what you would recommend for my hairloss. & i dont wanna get on FINERSIDE.!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20120817_001736.jpg

Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	19503   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120817_001841.jpg

Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	19504  

My hairloss pattern is in a f__kin VShape -__-.... Smh

Hey. Welcome to the club

I am sorry to read you are 'losing' hair at such a young age.

Its actually called 'finasteride' and I would go see your doctor or a dermatologist about rogaine and finasteride.

There are potential side effects with propecia (finasteride) but I can tell you that if the sides are mild in your case, I strongly suggest it.

The amount you have thinned is in its beginning stages. Arresting it now would be by far the easiest thing to do.

Hope this helps

Thanks im going to go to the doctor soon. & will finasteride will be the only choice.? Also is it safe for my age?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenkieth16 View Post
    I have been loosing my hair ever since I was 17... Thinning started at the temples & in the front of my hair. I really did start to loose my self esteem because I wasnt use to the dramtic changes. I felt like I wouldnt get girls anymore too lol. I mean honestly no girl between da ages of 18-25 wants a baldheaded boyfriend. Yea i kno bald is beautiful..older women dont care if yu looson yur hair. And I honestly wouldnt have had a problem with it if i was in my mid 30s or older. For cryin out loud im only 20! Lol my girlfriend that i have been currently been in a relationship with a year has noticed it.. Although its only really noticeable in sun light. She said she dont care about my hair & she would be with me regardless. (which i think she is only sayin dat because she is my GF lol.
    Anyway im a black Male
    Weight 162 height 6'1
    My dad still has his hair jus a littile receding hairline & my uncle on my mom side start loosing his hair at 18.so i think is from my mom's side! Also my cousin is loosing hair too. But in the crown. So i dont feel so bad lol but ill post pics & tell me what you would recommend for my hairloss. & i dont wanna get on FINERSIDE.!
    Surely black males can pull it off?

OP, the big 3 will help you greatly. I've been on FIN for about 1 year and 5 months. I've had side effects for the first 4 months but it went away. If your really worried about loosing hair then the big 3 is the only option you have at the moment.

Check out these link below.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...atient-photos/

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...743&highlight=
    Last edited by Winston; 02-20-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenkieth16 View Post
    Anyway im a black Male
    Weight 162 height 6'1
    Check out finasteride. The potential for sides are blown out of proportion on this site.

Worst comes to worst, black dudes generally pull off the bald look pretty well.