+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb Did Rogaine/ Minox Work for You?

Hey guys, I have thought of trying Rogaine for a while now, but everytime I get serious about it I read something negative about it. I also read that the success rate is 30%, with 30% being overly optimistic.

When I started Fin my hair thinned out a lot, and that was almost a year ago, I'm just hoping for it to fill back in.

So the question is, did Rogaine work for you?

Go!

Default It worked for me

It has worked for me. It worked when I first used it, and its working now my second time around. The key is to start using it as quickly as possible.

I recommend getting the liquid form for your regular treatments. Although it takes longer to dry, it doesnt get all over your fingers like the foam. Now having said that I also recommend keeping one bottle of the foam around for when you need to rush out the door and cant have wet head look.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Hey guys, I have thought of trying Rogaine for a while now, but everytime I get serious about it I read something negative about it. I also read that the success rate is 30%, with 30% being overly optimistic.

When I started Fin my hair thinned out a lot, and that was almost a year ago, I'm just hoping for it to fill back in.

Go!
    Rogaine works well for me, and millions of other folks.

The Fin Minox combo is the best on the market now, regardless of what anyone may say to discredit the products.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Yes, both Rogaine and generic Minoxidil have been working for me.

Rogaine grows hair for most people who use it. The percentage is a lot higher than 30%. The problem with gathering non-medical "testimonials" on-line is that many feel that if a treatment does not regrow all the hair they have lost, it does not work. This is not a good state of mind to have about it. If a medication can regrow any hair for you at all, this is a good thing and it's working. It is not at all likely that anything will regrow all the hair that you have lost. Well, not yet anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The percentage is a lot higher than 30%.
    I got that from Dr. Rassman of Balding Blog.

I think it definitely works. I currently use rogaine liquid and propecia and have seen great improvements. This is my second time using them together as treatment and each time they have worked for me. I used them about 2 years ago but stop due to finances, but have been using them both for about 6 months again with great result. I do think liquid minoxidil is better than the foam. The first few months on propecia I was using the foam and although I had some gains I seem to shed and got no where near the results as I had previously with the liquid. So I would recommend using the liquid, I read some where that the liquid gets into the scalp much better than the foam.

Which one works better or is less irritative the liquid or the foam?

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    Which one works better or is less irritative the liquid or the foam?
    When I used rogaine liquid minox for the first time years ago it seemed to irritate the back of my neck just because I would try to apply the full 1ml all at once and some would run down the back of my head to my neck and cause irritation. So this time around when I got back on propecia I went with the foam but it did not seem to give me great results. So I switched back to liquid and started using kirkland minoxidil and just made sure that when applying the 1ml liquid I did not apply all of it at once and I have no longer have had any irritation. I also used nizoral to help with the dry scalp the liquid can cause. Although I am out of nizoral and can not find any at a low enough price, my scalp still has not been dry. Kirkland minox does not seem to be as irritating as the rogaine liquid I used a few years back. For me personally I feel the liquid is more effective than the foam, but I would say if you could try them both and see what works best for you.

worst case it will not regrow hair, and will not kill your libido...
    try it, it will not hurt you..(maybe will "hurt" ur money )