+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default I'm an impatient bastard

OK I'm looking for some advice.

As the title of the thread states I'm impatient and I can't stand to wait 9 months between procedures.

I have been banging on to Hasci about bringing my next treatment forward, Gho of couse said it's not a good idea whilst I was at my last procedure, so I quit talking about it.

Anyway a couple of weeks ago I fired off an email to one of the Dr's. I basically asked her what is the possibility of bringing the procedure forward. She said she would have to consult with Gho, so fair enough. Anyway I get the email back today, the verdict is.. They would do it, but only as long as I know of the danger involved in that basically there is less chance of the grafts growing back (they must be referring to the donor area).

I'm seriously considering this, I'm best man at a wedding a couple of weeks after the proposed date I'm asking for. So the gap between my 3rd and 4th procedure would be 7.5 months.

So we are only talking about a difference of 6 weeks. I'm really not sure if its worth the risk especially seeing as I'll be looking at another 1600 grafts.

Second question, I'm considering asking them to extract grafts from a slightly lower area than previously. I'm going to upload a photo from the back from a reasonable distance so you can see the back of my head in one shot, so I would like advice on whether the area I'm thinking of is eligible as the 'safe zone'. I thinking Ironman in particular for this question!

My logic behind this is just so there is less chance of extracting grafts from the donor that were extracted in my 3rd HST, but this is dependant on whether I go for an earlier treatment or not.

Any thoughts on the above?

Hi gc

You obviously know more than me mate but surely it would be better to wait as Gho says, just incase. Can't you apply concealer or something?

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Hi gc

You obviously know more than me mate but surely it would be better to wait as Gho says, just incase. Can't you apply concealer or something?
    Your very right. However I've currently got my hair at a zero anyway so I don't think concealer would do much unless it was a number 3 at the very minimum. I'd like to know if anyone actually wears concealer on a short cut or if its even practical?

The other unknown is I don't know how good my hair will look by then. (By time my 3rd HST grafts have taken properly).

It's a gamble, but if I want to go ahead with it I'd prob have to confirm it with them pretty soon in case the dates are taken by another patient.

gc83uk, just wondering, have you informed your GP about your transplant surgeries? I hope if you have, you have a supportive GP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    gc83uk, just wondering, have you informed your GP about your transplant surgeries? I hope if you have, you have a supportive GP.
    No I haven't. I can't see what good that would do. Have you spoken to your GP about hairloss and what was the outcome?

I thought it takes a long time to see the full benefit, so at least for the wedding it wouldn't make you look better already (and might actually look worse if it hasn't settled down yet).

Quote Originally Posted by custards View Post
    I thought it takes a long time to see the full benefit, so at least for the wedding it wouldn't make you look better already (and might actually look worse if it hasn't settled down yet).
    Ah well, it's funny you say that. I've had 3 HST's now. After a week you can't see any redness or scaring. And the new grafts don't shed for at least a couple of weeks, so actually for the first couple of weeks it is fairly close to the end result!

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Ah well, it's funny you say that. I've had 3 HST's now. After a week you can't see any redness or scaring. And the new grafts don't shed for at least a couple of weeks, so actually for the first couple of weeks it is fairly close to the end result!
    On the Indonesian site, they say that they do up to 3000 grafts in one treatment. I'm wondering why they break the treatments up into 1500 graft bouts 9 months apart if this is possible (If patients could be treated over a few days the process would be sped up dramatically).

Do people have the option of requesting 2000+ grafts in their treatment?

I assume it depends on availability. I had 2100 grafts done via fue and that was a little over 1000 grafts each day.

No I haven't. I can't see what good that would do. Have you spoken to your GP about hairloss and what was the outcome?
    Currently I take/took finasteride to stop the loss. I informed my GP and he took me to stop taking finasteride/Propecia, refused me the blood tests that I NEED if I am to still take the medicine regularly, and took the fin. packet I had on me off me, and the dermatologist's diagnosis letter. I'm being FORCED to stop fighting hair loss. I would almost certainly not tell my GP in your situation, as you don't (IIRC) need regularl blood tests with HST.

I've had 3 HST's now. After a week you can't see any redness or scaring. And the new grafts don't shed for at least a couple of weeks, so actually for the first couple of weeks it is fairly close to the end result!
    Absolutely untrue. What you can see after the treatment day and around one week after having HST - is nothing more than a nonpermanent illusion ...

... because recently, during a painstaking study perfomed by didi ...

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...0&postcount=42

... he found out the truth and that your nice 2-hair or 3-hair grafts, which you can see immediately after the treatment in the recipient, will finally become just single hairs and that not enough, these single hairs will become thinner than normal in addition! How bad - I mean, for you...