Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inspects
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
    I dunno, maybe 4-5k grafts and yeah it wouldn't be cheap. I'm 23 in a few months but teah you are right, it's just desperation and wishful thinking I suppose :/
    If you had 2500 grafts, went on Fin and Minox your problems are solved for (hopefully) many years....I waited until I was in my fifties before I did anything, I have a full head of hair now, its absolutely amazing what can happen in seven months. My transplant went like a charm, and the Combo added density.

Along with vitamins and supplements which help hair growth, its a winning combination, you'll blow your own mind....!!!

The picture in my avatar is about 4 years old...I'll post my NOW picture tomorrow.

Comment

• Spex
      Dr Representative
      • Nov 2008

Hey BB, I got your PM.

In my honest opinion i think you are not too far gone by any stretch to salvage and even regrow via finasteride. I have seen guys worse off turn it round remarkably.

See these pics of a poster called TommyTwo who stabilised after finasteride then went on to get a HT. In turn meant he became a more eligible candidate and required fewer grafts thn he originally thought prior to meds.

In my honest opinion i think you are doing yourself a dis service not getting on the meds and roll in slow and steady to avoid the mental battle of side effects.

feel free to call me if you want to talk it over and i will glaldy act as a sounding board if nothing else. We can talk over BB series 4 too
      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• aim4hair
        • Aug 2011

yeah start using meds ASAP and see how it goes!
        even if you are not comfortable with using propecia, you can at least use minox and nizoral. some ppl respond good to that specially those with diffuse thinning.

Comment

• baldy1990
          • Jan 2013

how old are you?i dont know what i'll do if i was in your place,are you ok emotionally?

Comment

• Breaking Bald
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by baldy1990
            how old are you?i dont know what i'll do if i was in your place,are you ok emotionally?
            You see, try to be glad for what you have. I am the same age as you. And emotionally? That's a difficult one to answer but most of the time no not really.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice guys. Dually noted. But why is it that propecia works particularly well for diffusers especially?

Comment

• Tracy C
              • Sep 2011

...it's so aggressive and diffused that I don't know if the big 3 will even do anything for me. Like you say it 'might' do something. I don't know if it's even worth it.
              The only way to find out is to try. The younger you are when you start treatment the more likely you are to regrow some of your lost hair back. The one thing that is guaranteed is that if you don't do anything the loss will continue to progress.

I probably know the answer to this but could I not just get a full hair transplant in between the existing hair? Then when it does fall out there will be permanent hair left behind.
              That is an excellent question to ask a hair restoration surgeon.

Comment

• LMS
                • Dec 2012

Pray to whichever god you believe in that Histogen/Aderans are released ASAP.

In the mean time maybe consider getting on fin...or ru... but your diffuse situation would probably make ru more ideal

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                  • Sep 2010

Fin is actually very effective for diffuse loss because it can thicken up your miniaturized hairs more easily than making a visible change to bare or almost bare areas (such as a receding hairline or bald crown)
                  RU interest me but it is not reliable enough at this time for me to risk. Unstable, having to mix it yourself, batches not uniformly effective....something I will actually agree with Highlander about, one emergency hospital stay or bad batch and you just threw away months' worth of applications

Fin is always available, always the same and there is nothing simpler than swallowing a pill every day.

Comment

Working...