+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sound advice guys. I think I'll give minox 6+ months first, if no luck then either drop it and shave my head down or add propecia. This really does suck.

I probably know the answer to this but could I not just get a full hair transplant in between the existing hair? Then when it does fall out there will be permanent hair left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Sound advice guys. I think I'll give minox 6+ months first, if no luck then either drop it and shave my head down or add propecia. This really does suck.

I probably know the answer to this but could I not just get a full hair transplant in between the existing hair? Then when it does fall out there will be permanent hair left behind.
    Since you have considerable diffuse thinning, how many grafts do you think it would take to cover the whole top of your head and what would be the cost? (This is a genuine, not rhetorical question. I really just have no personal interest in a HT, so I'm not well-versed.)

Can't remember how old you are, but since you aren't sure how far your hair will continue to deter and at what rate, it's probably premature to get a HT, yeah? Say all the rest of the hair there falls off in the next year, then you're stuck with however many hairs they could move to the top of your head. If it isn't cutting it at that point, you would hopefully be able to at least no guard it (assuming there isn't scars).

Just playing the other angle here.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Since you have considerable diffuse thinning, how many grafts do you think it would take to cover the whole top of your head and what would be the cost? (This is a genuine, not rhetorical question. I really just have no personal interest in a HT, so I'm not well-versed.)

Can't remember how old you are, but since you aren't sure how far your hair will continue to deter and at what rate, it's probably premature to get a HT, yeah? Say all the rest of the hair there falls off in the next year, then you're stuck with however many hairs they could move to the top of your head. If it isn't cutting it at that point, you would hopefully be able to at least no guard it (assuming there isn't scars).

Just playing the other angle here.
    I dunno, maybe 4-5k grafts and yeah it wouldn't be cheap. I'm 23 in a few months but teah you are right, it's just desperation and wishful thinking I suppose :/

I agree. The hairline looks great, just the thinning sucks. That's pretty much ideal for fin.
    (though I'm too scared to take it myself)

Yeah...I've seen those pics before. I dunno man it all just feels hopeless at the minute, it's so aggressive and diffused that I don't know if the big 3 will even do anything for me. Like you say it 'might' do something. I don't know if it's even worth it.
    Breaking... my hair was MUCH thinner than yours, I swear on my grave the Fin Minox Combo is the gig....the only proven approach which actually works, and works VERY well.

I dunno, maybe 4-5k grafts and yeah it wouldn't be cheap. I'm 23 in a few months but teah you are right, it's just desperation and wishful thinking I suppose :/
    If you had 2500 grafts, went on Fin and Minox your problems are solved for (hopefully) many years....I waited until I was in my fifties before I did anything, I have a full head of hair now, its absolutely amazing what can happen in seven months. My transplant went like a charm, and the Combo added density.

Along with vitamins and supplements which help hair growth, its a winning combination, you'll blow your own mind....!!!

The picture in my avatar is about 4 years old...I'll post my NOW picture tomorrow.

Hey BB, I got your PM.

In my honest opinion i think you are not too far gone by any stretch to salvage and even regrow via finasteride. I have seen guys worse off turn it round remarkably.

See these pics of a poster called TommyTwo who stabilised after finasteride then went on to get a HT. In turn meant he became a more eligible candidate and required fewer grafts thn he originally thought prior to meds.

http://spexhair.com/stop-the-loss-ef...ss-treatments/

In my honest opinion i think you are doing yourself a dis service not getting on the meds and roll in slow and steady to avoid the mental battle of side effects.

feel free to call me if you want to talk it over and i will glaldy act as a sounding board if nothing else. We can talk over BB series 4 too
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

yeah start using meds ASAP and see how it goes!
    even if you are not comfortable with using propecia, you can at least use minox and nizoral. some ppl respond good to that specially those with diffuse thinning.

how old are you?i dont know what i'll do if i was in your place,are you ok emotionally?

Quote Originally Posted by baldy1990 View Post
    how old are you?i dont know what i'll do if i was in your place,are you ok emotionally?
    You see, try to be glad for what you have. I am the same age as you. And emotionally? That's a difficult one to answer but most of the time no not really.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice guys. Dually noted. But why is it that propecia works particularly well for diffusers especially?