How much does a hormone (specifically DHT) test cost?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aames
    Inactive
    • Nov 2012

How much does a hormone (specifically DHT) test cost?

I asked a chemical analysis company about legitimizing my generics and they quoted me "$3500-8500," which is obviously just insane. I guess the next best way to verify is to get a blood test. What does one run since it probably won't be covered by insurance if I'm requesting it? Are there reputable online ones you have used?
  • BigThinker
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Aames
    I asked a chemical analysis company about legitimizing my generics and they quoted me "$3500-8500," which is obviously just insane. I guess the next best way to verify is to get a blood test. What does one run since it probably won't be covered by insurance if I'm requesting it? Are there reputable online ones you have used?
    Fabricate a set of side effects that would warrant your physician to run a blood test for the biometric of interest.

Comment

• Aames
      Inactive
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by BigThinker
      Fabricate a set of side effects that would warrant your physician to run a blood test for the biometric of interest.
      Now this is the kind of thinking that I like to see.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
        IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
        • Nov 2008

Most insurance does pay for annual blood work up and a Testosterone and DHT can be included. However, most hair restoration physicians have agreements with either Quest or LabCorp and get these blood tests at discounted rates. I think my patients pay $30-$40 for each test.
        Dr. Glenn Charles
        Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
        View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• Aames
          Inactive
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Dr. Glenn Charles
          Most insurance does pay for annual blood work up and a Testosterone and DHT can be included. However, most hair restoration physicians have agreements with either Quest or LabCorp and get these blood tests at discounted rates. I think my patients pay $30-$40 for each test.
          Wow, thanks for responding. That is mere pennies compared to 3500 usd. I think this is my best option since I'm going to try to convince my gp to give me duta. If I go there spouting symptoms of low androgens, he may not be as willing.

Comment

Working...