+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Some people certainly do post falsehoods. People claiming to have suicidal thoughts for example are probably lying 99 times out of 100. Suicide from baldness is really rather rare. I also view a lot of the regimens that people claim to be on to be exaggerated. As men, I sometimes doubt any of us commit to taking pills and applying topicals without fail every day. The reason I gave up with propecia wasn't so much because it didn't do anything than because I kept forgetting to take it!

Perhaps the biggest liers of all are the 'baldness bullies.' Behind the veil of the internet I would expect to find plenty of Norwood 0 wannabe life coaches, women and a few trolls are behind a bulk of the posts. Otherwise, the volume of these posters would suggest that one couldn't go to a gym without sunglasses because of several dazzling lights bouncing off hundreds of bald heads. I don't see a correlation between baldness, tans and better general fitness on the street so I'm going to assume no one takes the 'baldness bully's' advice either.

A far better plan for bald people, in my view, is to work harder at something more intellectually demanding than pumping iron. We have to be smarter and better qualified than people with hair to make the same money and muscles don't get the jobs and don't pay the bills, unless you want to be a bin man (where having a tan that disguises the dirt a bit better also helps).

I still advocate avoiding people, although I have to admit avoiding people would probably be my inclination, hair or not. I've always been an introvert and quite a misanthropic one at that! I used to want to overcompensate for what I thought was a shortcoming by doing 'public service' and all that crap. However, it's much easier and much more lucrative to look out for number one and leave others to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    I believe the bigger issue is that of TBT members who would purposely post falsehoods, lies and misleading posts here.
    'Baldness bullies' are an issue but relatively minor compared to those members who would actually post falsehoods with the sole intent to mislead and fool the rest of us.
    Their motivations to consciously fabricate a story that would excite/depress others is of no matter. What does matter would be for our moderators to take action to 'protect us' from these unnecessary highs and lows caused by those prevaricators.
    uhhh, this is a message forum. If they are to weed out the liars this place would be empty. It's the internet, what do you expect?? You're on your own man, for all we know you're a woman.

That's why the internet is such a great place. Wall to wall bullshit. The irony is for something technologically advanced, it's biggest achievement is in evidencing the stupidity, insecurity and prejudice of humanity.

Good points gents.

I for one come here to seek advice on how to fix my hairline and you guys have helped me tremendously. I can only repay you by trying to help the next guy who comes along.

Forget the trolls.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Smile

'Interesting' response 'Delphi'