+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    The ones on forums can be bad, but not like someone you know in real life. Almost no one knows I have this condition but I will never forget confiding in my father about it, and about going on medication, and he basically says "get over it, move on" (He is almost 60 with a full head of hair)
    I swear I could have told him to go **** himself. Easy for him to pass judgment when he has less hair loss than someone not even half his age. I wonder if someone without genetic hair loss can ever understand how it feels unless they actually experience it too?
    Yeah, like most things, it's incredibly difficult for people to even fake empathy if they haven't genuinely been afflicted. I just don't care to burden my bald dad with my worries, and all of my bald friends don't mind their hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Yeah, like most things, it's incredibly difficult for people to even fake empathy if they haven't genuinely been afflicted. I just don't care to burden my bald dad with my worries, and all of my bald friends don't mind their hair loss.
    I have to disagree. I have never met anyone who liked their hair loss. They learned to accept it., especially in public, but in private it eats away at them.

We all have insecurities that eat away at us. I cant see a bald guy thinking that his bald head is an ASSET to his looks.

I dont think people will start partying once they lose their hair. I mean I was all over the place emotionally, but once I calmed down, you sort of put things in perspective. Some bald guys might not like it, but they cope around it, depends what you want in life I guess.

Ah, the baldness bullies, the 'fashion police' of the hair loss world. In spirit, they have much in common with any follower of the latest fads of the crowd, except they tend to be ugly like us and can't pull off their chosen look.

They're quite easy to spot in public too. Fake tan (or tanning salon brown, as if the increased pancreatic cancer risk wasn't enough for them), a tight t-shirt on their 'roided up body and a shiny head and they think they've cracked it. I guess they have if they want to convince people that they're straight off an aeroplane from Guantanamo Bay. The really sad thing about them is that they must spend far more time on their looks than someone who pops finasteride but they remain ugly as ****.

Me? I recommend a very different approach. One of the solutions will be out there soon enough whether its Aderans or Histogen or whatever. It will be too late for me to ever experience what being young is like now but at least I'll enjoy my 40s (and maybe even some of my 30s). I could while away the waiting time pumping iron in the gym, getting a fake tan and shaving my head but with the hour or two I save a day I instead spend my time studying and investing so I'll be able to afford the cure! All those gym memberships, razors and super orange tan are a squanderance.

My hair (what's left of it) is unkempt. My head won't look good shaved (no one's ever does) and I'd only do it for the benefit of others. I don't like other people so it's a no brainer really. I could worry what other's think, but most people I know are stupid and I have nothing but contempt for what they think or do in pretty much every other facet of their lives.

This might all sound messed up but this is the honest truth:

1) Since I stopped giving a damn about other people, my income has doubled;

2) Since I stopped worrying about what other people think, I've saved a lot of time that can be put to better use;

3) I realised what made me miserable was not the ostracism that comes with baldness but the waiting for the other idiots to **** off and leave me alone. Little to no human contact is bliss; I have never been happier.

DISCLAIMER: Works better on introverts!

I don't like other people so it's a no brainer really. I could worry what other's think, but most people I know are stupid and I have nothing but contempt for what they think or do in pretty much every other facet of their lives.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Exclamation

I believe the bigger issue is that of TBT members who would purposely post falsehoods, lies and misleading posts here.
    'Baldness bullies' are an issue but relatively minor compared to those members who would actually post falsehoods with the sole intent to mislead and fool the rest of us.
    Their motivations to consciously fabricate a story that would excite/depress others is of no matter. What does matter would be for our moderators to take action to 'protect us' from these unnecessary highs and lows caused by those prevaricators.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    The ones on forums can be bad, but not like someone you know in real life. Almost no one knows I have this condition but I will never forget confiding in my father about it, and about going on medication, and he basically says "get over it, move on" (He is almost 60 with a full head of hair)
    I swear I could have told him to go **** himself. Easy for him to pass judgment when he has less hair loss than someone not even half his age. I wonder if someone without genetic hair loss can ever understand how it feels unless they actually experience it too?
    Your father is a wise guy! If he is saying that to you, he would had most likely done the same if it happened to him. For a father, his children are even more important than himself, so he is saying that for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    I have to disagree. I have never met anyone who liked their hair loss. They learned to accept it., especially in public, but in private it eats away at them.

We all have insecurities that eat away at us. I cant see a bald guy thinking that his bald head is an ASSET to his looks.
    Well, you may not look like a model if you are bald, but you could still look quite good. So unless, someone has to become a model or an actor, or even a rock star, baldness should not matter that much. One should not worry about looks too much, they fade with time anyway, hair or no hair.

Quote Originally Posted by MackJames View Post
    The worse offenders are the ones who spent countless hours posting on balding forums criticizing others about their obsession with hair loss. The guys who have thousands of posts lecturing others to get over it and shave their heads. If they are dealing with hair loss so well, what are they doing here day after day.
    For me, personally, shaving my head was a relief and I recommend anyone try it. I come here to reflect and share my experience as a long time hair loss sufferer, I like to give my own account of what it was like on fin, minox, what shaving my head for the first time was like etc. I have zero issue with the way I look these days. It may surprise you but you don't have to be having anxieties to be a contributing member of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    If there is anything that makes hair loss even more difficult it's the thuggery of the Baldness Bullies, the ones who are the majority in society who tell you, hair loss is untreatable, shave your head if you have any slightly visible level of thinning/hairloss, become a shaven thug, another valueless bald man without a struggle.
    Because every man with a shaven head is a valueless thug.