+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealer

Quote Originally Posted by inspects View Post
    Tracy is dead on... Propecia completely re-covered my crown, I also use 5% Minox foam, but I have to believe the Propecia is the one providing some real growth which is very noticeable, I wasn't skin bald, but damn close on the crown, the remainder was similar to your hair, very thin, I've been on Fin and Minox for 8 months now, no sides whatsoever...only growth, big time growth.

I also had a 2500 hair transplant 7 months ago so I'm basically completely satisfied with my overall results which made me look 10 years younger in this short period of time, I now have a full head of hair.

Best of luck in your endeavors...!

Dale
    Good for you Dale . Love reading success stories !!!

aparently my shipment got lost in transit to UPS carrier from the business I bought it from off of amazon so if I want i have to re order. You guys really think light brown is the best for my hair color? After looking more into it I was leaning more to dark brown before I made this thread. I recently got a mastershape brow pencil that uses wax and in one of the last photos u can tell my brows look more bold, but thats a deep brown and looks pritty damn close to my hair color except there is no dermmatch that remotely even comes close to it. The closest was light brown.

I'm pretty much in the same position. My hair color is similar to yours, although more so in the lighter colored photos. So anyways, I ordered light brown from DerMMatch in the fall and when I finally got around to trying it I didn't like it because it made the area where I was putting it look green (I guess in the areas where my hair is lighter in color). I think I would have been better off using the medium brown, but I really don't feel like ordering it again for another 50 bucks.

Not to get off topic or anything and I hope the admins don't mind, I have a tendency to get banned in just about every forum I use but since were talking about concealers I recieved this menaji face powder today. Its really sweet, I new it was going to be good but this stuff rocks! It smooths out my big pores farily well and gets rid of that nasty shine that alot of men have. I really like it, you can go to http://www.menaji.com/ and order it with free shipping and 20% off if you use the code MENAJI20 in your checkout where it asks for discounts. I got the powder for 28 bux to the door, its regularly 35 I think. Heres picture with it on for the first time.

Its really great I can get other peoples opinions so if I can help out in any way it makes me feel better. I used the medium blend in case anyone was wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreybaks View Post
    Theres a time limit on editing a post so i have a few more pictures to add. If anyone has used dermmatch and can give me any tips on colors that would be great.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2n83pt5.jpg
    http://i45.tinypic.com/sn1kxj.jpg
    http://i50.tinypic.com/f9nvc9.jpg
    http://i46.tinypic.com/2zylhcm.jpg
    http://i50.tinypic.com/v6kaw8.jpg
    Why don't you just shave your head. I don't think bald will look bad on you, especially if you rock some facial hair with it. A thin face like yours looks good with a bald head IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Jeffrey,

Light brown looks right for you. Dermmatch blends in with natural hair color exceptionally well. You only need to get it close - and you can blend colors if you need to.

There is nothing wrong with wearing concealer if it helps you feel better about yourself. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

That Hairsil stuff is garbage that does absolutely nothing to treat your hair loss. Save your money and ask your doctor for a prescription for Nizoral shampoo and use it once a week. The GNC UltraNourishHair pills do little to nothing meaningful to treat your hair loss as well. Talk to your doctor about Propecia or generic Finasteride. It looks like you have salvageable hair. Though you won't get it all back, you could get a lot back during the course of the three years you need o wait - if you use treatments that are proven effective.
    What crap. There is nothing yet that regrows hair, otherwise you won't see any bald man!

woa, hehe

I mentioned earlier I'm not into bald if you missed it. Iv shaved it before, all my life Iv had buzz cuts. It just grows back u realize then you want to try something else. Thanks for the encouragement though.

Bald tend to look more normal in some ways in my mind on more rounded features, literally i mean. Not so much on thinner people with enlongated facial features. Besides were here to make the best of what little we got better, not to get rid of it. Thats the fun in it all, trying to figure out how the hell your going to make your hair look better then being bald. My grandpa looked like one giant melon head with a few frizzles on the back of his neck, although he was old when he passed last year at 88. I hung out with him a lot so there u have it, i probably picked up some of his genes.

woa, hehe

I mentioned earlier I'm not into bald if you missed it. Iv shaved it before, all my life Iv had buzz cuts. It just grows back u realize then you want to try something else. Thanks for the encouragement though.

Bald tend to look more normal in some ways in my mind on more rounded features, literally i mean. Not so much on thinner people with enlongated facial features. Besides were here to make the best of what little we got better, not to get rid of it. Thats the fun in it all, trying to figure out how the hell your going to make your hair look better then being bald. My grandpa looked like one giant melon head with a few frizzles on the back of his neck, although he was old when he passed last year at 88. I hung out with him a lot so there u have it, i probably picked up some of his genes.
    OK, but I would advise you not to waste money on Minoxidil, Nizarol etc. because they are crap. If you are not concerned about side effects, then take propecia. Otherwise, save for Hair Transplant.

I have sulfate free conditioner I like, I dont have dandruff any more since I started using the 5% coal tar that helped a lot actually, its the same stuff as Neutrogena T/gel.

I don't mind having some hair loss per se, I think men with some hair loss are extremely hot. Its just tough sometimes to deal with. To a certain extend it only goes so far with me though, I don't think being completely bald is sexy on everyone(to you bald guys don't get pissed) and I dont want to ever be completely bald either.

It goes without saying, there's a lot of things to make people look better. Plastic surgery,veneers,implants,healthy skin, its not just hair that would be nice to have look better. I think people get worked up about hair cause its obviously the first thing people will see on some one. Iv been freaking out about my hair a lot recently though and I decided I need to do something about it.
    Completely bald with facial hair like goatee or stubble look very good IMO. At first when I shaved my head I didn't like my look but the goatee changed my look completely. I am very satisified the way I look now. Facial hair takes attention away from the bald head, people focus more on your face, and you my friend have a good face!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I'm pretty much in the same position. My hair color is similar to yours, although more so in the lighter colored photos. So anyways, I ordered light brown from DerMMatch in the fall and when I finally got around to trying it I didn't like it because it made the area where I was putting it look green (I guess in the areas where my hair is lighter in color). I think I would have been better off using the medium brown, but I really don't feel like ordering it again for another 50 bucks.
    thx buster your a huge help, figuring out what color to get is a pain when there is only a few colors to choose from. Dermmatch is stupid as crap for not having some form of identification process. How hard would it be to send in some photos or some hair shavings and have them mix some color just for your hair type. not to hard, might take a few extra employees but the benefits would be 10 fold to the customer.

the very very least they could do is hand out weekly samples, if what they say is true about there product lasting months, a weeks worth of a few colors wouldnt hurt them I dont think. But you have to remember were talkin about hair loss products, anything to do with hair loss its like more deceptive then anything else imaginable.