+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealer

If I ever get the change to get hair implants this will be the first thread I come back to for comparisons photos.

Ps:Iv actually got some Nizoral, I think I got just about every thing walmart sells when it comes to shampoos for men. Its non precription strength though. I find using extra strength 5% coal tar topical solution shampoo the only thing that can counter extra strength minoxidil cause the minoxidil fries my scalp and can at times leave a terrible case of dandruff which is gross to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreybaks View Post
    ...cause the minoxidil fries my scalp and can at times leave a terrible case of dandruff which is gross to say the least.
    This is often remedied by simply changing the brand of Minoxidil you are using. It is common with some generic brands such as Kirkland. I personally use men's Rogaine foam, though only once a day every other day, and I do not have that problem. I also use Walmart brand generic women's Minoxidil every evening and I don't have that problem with that either.

Nizoral A-D is 1% Ketoconazole. Use that once a week in place of your regular shampoo and use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner for the rest of the week - or a sulfate free 2-in-1 since you have short hair. It will take a while for your dandruff to clear up - but it should clear up.

I have sulfate free conditioner I like, I dont have dandruff any more since I started using the 5% coal tar that helped a lot actually, its the same stuff as Neutrogena T/gel.

I don't mind having some hair loss per se, I think men with some hair loss are extremely hot. Its just tough sometimes to deal with. To a certain extend it only goes so far with me though, I don't think being completely bald is sexy on everyone(to you bald guys don't get pissed) and I dont want to ever be completely bald either.

It goes without saying, there's a lot of things to make people look better. Plastic surgery,veneers,implants,healthy skin, its not just hair that would be nice to have look better. I think people get worked up about hair cause its obviously the first thing people will see on some one. Iv been freaking out about my hair a lot recently though and I decided I need to do something about it.

Iv changed a lot about my self though since I started losing my hair, I stopped smoking a pack a day and turned ovo-lacto vegetarian. You have to really change your entire life to stop balding in its tracks and a lot of time its still not enough. My life style was always to have fun but it comes at a price. It seems the world wasn't set up for people like me, I'm a transient eccentric and that makes fighting MPB doubly hard.

Hey Jeff

Hair Loss sucks. We agree and we are behind you 100% . Tracy gives you good advice. You are a good candidate for 'rogaine' or 'propecia' because it looks like you just lost your hair recently and have a good chance at growing some of it back.

Check with your doctor or see a dermatologist. Let us know what you decide

Talk to your doctor about Propecia or generic Finasteride. It looks like you have salvageable hair. Though you won't get it all back, you could get a lot back during the course of the three years you need o wait - if you use treatments that are proven effective.
    Tracy is dead on... Propecia completely re-covered my crown, I also use 5% Minox foam, but I have to believe the Propecia is the one providing some real growth which is very noticeable, I wasn't skin bald, but damn close on the crown, the remainder was similar to your hair, very thin, I've been on Fin and Minox for 8 months now, no sides whatsoever...only growth, big time growth.

I also had a 2500 hair transplant 7 months ago so I'm basically completely satisfied with my overall results which made me look 10 years younger in this short period of time, I now have a full head of hair.

Best of luck in your endeavors...!

Dale

I'm telling you, used right a good concealer works wonders. My hair is almost night and day. The color you chose seems right.

you're a light brown - same as me.

I find it works best if you apply it to damp hair(not too wet). I also find applying a small amount of gel AFTER takes away the "dry" appearance it can give.

Remember not to apply it too close to your hair line otherwise it will look too obvious you're using it and will look like it's painted on.

I find its best to inspect it with a hand mirror close to a window with a decent amount of natural light. I think if looks good in natural light it should look ok in most lighting conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by sanook View Post
    you're a light brown - same as me.

I find it works best if you apply it to damp hair(not too wet). I also find applying a small amount of gel AFTER takes away the "dry" appearance it can give.

Remember not to apply it too close to your hair line otherwise it will look too obvious you're using it and will look like it's painted on.

I find its best to inspect it with a hand mirror close to a window with a decent amount of natural light. I think if looks good in natural light it should look ok in most lighting conditions.
    This is great advice. Follow it to a T.

Thanks.

I would also recommend having a pack of wet wipes available. Just give your forehead a wipe when you're finished. Wipe right up to the hairline. This will remove any excess concealer that will fall down beyond your hairline when you're applying it. You often won't notice this unless you inspect it carefully in naturally light.