+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post

people seem to be preoccupied with donor regrowth but its only part of HST story
    Correct - it's similar as with Dr. Gho's 2 follicles from 1 follicle story:

A part of the follicle remains in the donor and the other part is implanted in the recipient side - both parts have the capacity to produce a complete follicle.

So what part of this story do you still not understand?

The outcome of such a test:

1) First of all, there is not even the need to mark the extraction area with semi-permant tattoos or so - but a good quality BEFORE photo is necessary.

Extraction area: around 2-3 cm² (depends on the density and so that at least 1 FU is left behind between HST extractions);

2) 50 extractions in this 2-3 cm2 area + AFTER photo

3) implantation of these 50 grafts into a slick bald area - size: around 1.5-2 cm² + AFTER photo (implantation photo)

Result:
    82.5% (+/-) regrowth sites in the donor side (50 extraction sites)
    90 % (+/-) regrowth in the recipient side (40-45 implantation sites)

Note:
    If you make just 50 extractions within a clear defined area and depending on the follicular unit characteristics (e.g. curved follicles due to curly hair etc), you can substract from these 50 grafts/extractions 5% up to 30% (!) - simply due to "failed extractions" (aka unusable grafts). So in this case, Gho can only implant 45 or just 40 grafts or so.

I would bet my ass - THIS would be the outcome after one year or so - what else?

I agree with Ironman and he has done very extensive research regarding this topic. This is going to be a huge year for the hair industry as HST, Histogen, and Aderans are all at the make or break point...we will know so much more on all of these this summer! exciting times!

Also, histogen combined with HST could be something amazing if they both prove what they have shown so far to be true!!

The next analysis has to include the recipient in some way. The 50 graft test would be perfect because the analysis would be very manageable. For example, what interests me the most:

If 50 follicular units are extracted, each with an average of roughly 2 hairs per unit, which is a total of approx. 100 hairs, how many hairs will regenerate in the donor and how many hairs will yield in the recipient?

That's the final, conclusive evidence anyone could ask for and the nice thing is, it's very easy to accomplish and verify. I can't see any reason why Spencer couldn't set up something like this and I'm sure Gho would be receptive to the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    The next analysis has to include the recipient in some way. The 50 graft test would be perfect because the analysis would be very manageable. For example, what interests me the most:

If 50 follicular units are extracted, each with an average of roughly 2 hairs per unit, which is a total of approx. 100 hairs, how many hairs will regenerate in the donor and how many hairs will yield in the recipient?

That's the final, conclusive evidence anyone could ask for and the nice thing is, it's very easy to accomplish and verify. I can't see any reason why Spencer couldn't set up something like this and I'm sure Gho would be receptive to the idea.

I agree this needs to be settled once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I agree this needs to be settled once and for all.
    The more people that support this and ask, the faster we'll get to that point. That's the reason I joined the forums in the first place. I first noticed my hair loss 8 years ago and I've read the ***, HLH etc. forums on and off since then. The reason I decided to join less than a year ago is because I really believe that a proactive approach can make a difference in this case.

I've tried to do everything I can to analyse the procedure, get Spencer involved . Basically anything that will get us closer to a point where we can fully understand how well HST works in practice. I think we're only months away from reaching that goal now.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    The more people that support this and ask, the faster we'll get to that point. That's the reason I joined the forums in the first place. I first noticed my hair loss 8 years ago and I've read the ***, HLH etc. forums on and off since then. The reason I decided to join less than a year ago is because I really believe that a proactive approach can make a difference in this case.

I've tried to do everything I can to analyse the procedure, get Spencer involved . Basically anything that will get us closer to a point where we can fully understand how well HST works in practice. I think we're only months away from reaching that goal now.

How about

17 singles
    17 doubles
    17 triples

51 grafts implanted into 2x2cm slick bald area, that will tell us everything, what grows and how well it grows..

it only costs about $700,

lets hope Dr Gho welcomes the test n dnt get intimidated,

I wonder why Gho himself didnt get couple of patients and get them 50 graft test and publish results, we dont need nw6 to nw 1 as it would take long time, but this little tests can be all its required to prove his technique works