+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Guys, there is more interest in this than ever from scientists, AA was cured and there was no nonsense. We woke up one day and it was like "it's cured".
    It's easy to feel down but it is coming. The lady in japan who had stem cell treatment on her eyes recently is a landmark case. Once they see effectiveness in human trials it's going to open the flood gates. There are a lot of people out there who are investing all their time and careers into finding an actual cure. We aren't just looking for treatments anymore because a cure is coming soon-ish. I've said it before, Des noticed all info at the congress was at least 18 months old so they are keeping quiet but if you think that they will have a cure sitting on the shelf for 20 years you're crazy. Go on a science news site and stem cell progress is updated almost every day. These aren't the Bush years anymore stem cells are the way of the future and even the religious whackos can't hold it back anymore. Things aren't as fast as we'd like them to be but progress is inevitable. If the internet was around in the 70's and 80's they'd have forums about small boobs and erectile dysfunction but we all know the end to those stories.

^Well said. At least someone has a decent attitude on the forum today. It seems like we go from "were cured!" One day then "it's hopeless." the next. Let's get real here and stop being so negative.

Quote Originally Posted by cichlidfort View Post
    Agreed. By the time the full blown cure is available we will be looking at restoring organs as well. We won't be seeing the cure anytime soon in other words. It might get solved tomorrow or 5 years later but by the time it's actually ready, the 20 year olds on here will be around 35-40. I've thrown in the towel and I'm going to be moving on with my life. This forum is depressing and there's constant arguing about cures and solutions. Not worth it. Moving on.
    The first successful hair cloning experiment was done in 1970 on mice! 44 years, and still no solution for humans. So, who knows, maybe we still get no cure after 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    I read scientific papers everyday about AGA. Unfortunately the trend that is going on now also is that the focus has shifted to Alopecia Areata. Before most papers were coming out were from Androgenetic Alopecia but now 70% is for Alopecia Areata. Seems like focus is shifted, that is really bad.

AGA is just a terribly complex disease. The signalling is incredible. Our generation is just now in the era that this isn't possible to solve right now (Only by a damn miracle). Because realistically spoken if we would have the capability to solve AGA now, you would be buying a brand new heart at the supermarket. I'm not joking here, that is how complex hair follicles are.

These headlines are just insane and they come mainly from media websites. They thrive on sensation, media thrives on sensation.

You can always hope if that gives you strength but realistically spoken, it's really not going to be solved short term.
    With all due respect though, it seems you may be mainly referring to stem cell related cures. There are other possibilities out there that are being investigated (e.g., wounding, prostaglandins). You may feel very strongly that these are dead ends and won't work, and you might be right. But then again, only time will tell for sure.

Agreed. By the time the full blown cure is available we will be looking at restoring organs as well. We won't be seeing the cure anytime soon in other words. It might get solved tomorrow or 5 years later but by the time it's actually ready, the 20 year olds on here will be around 35-40. I've thrown in the towel and I'm going to be moving on with my life. This forum is depressing and there's constant arguing about cures and solutions. Not worth it. Moving on.
    Very true my extremely tall friend. It's a shame that the most common form of hair loss is the hardest to cure. Like I said earlier, not only does it suck to be balding during a time when appearance matters so much, it's even worse that we have to sit back and watch while cures are being developed for the next generation.

The saddest part is that there isn't even a treatment for maintenance, forget a cure. Real indictment of the research community imo.

Im 24, even if it comes out when im 35 I dont care. I know enough girls my age dating guys that age that it doesnt mean anything to me.

They're definitely coming, lol. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

However, if biotechs and researchers quit dicking around on mouse experiments or society wouldn't disrespect men's health we'd either be much further into treatments or have already found a cure decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    They're definitely coming, lol. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

However, if biotechs and researchers quit dicking around on mouse experiments or society wouldn't disrespect men's health we'd either be much further into treatments or have already found a cure decades ago.

Ok so you just got done doing another "the researchers are taking too long" PMS rant so now it's time for you to do a PMS rant that the researchers aren't taking long enough with AAPE.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Ok so you just got done doing another "the researchers are taking too long" PMS rant so now it's time for you to do a PMS rant that the researchers aren't taking long enough with AAPE.
    stop it jarjar... it's getting so annoying.