+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: S-equol again

Default S-equol again

From a forum member inquiring about this product:
    http://www.proequol.com/

I was wondering what would be the benefits of reducing DHT by this remedy or by Finasteride. What are the differences?
    I think it would only benefit is the reduction of DHT is that by other methods, to be free of side effects, no?
    If a simple reduction as Finasteride does not see many advantages.

The answer: "Hello Julio,

I wanted to provide you with some follow-up information. I was notified by my associate that you may be posting on Hair Loss Talk forums about Proequol. We monitor these forums because they generally help drive a lot of traffic to our website. We cannot post on any of the hair loss websites because of the forum rules about promoting products.

To clear up some of the discussion about Proequol and equol supplements:

Any equol supplement, such as Pharmavite, would be unlikely to be potent enough to have a sufficient levels of equol, in vivo, to fully mitigate DHT. Through our years of studies, we have determined that 100 ng/ml of unbound equol in blood plasma is the minimum level needed to mitigate DHT. By our estimates (based on urine levels of equol), Pharmavite may only provide 1/12th of those blood levels because not all of the equol contained in the capsule/tablet will be fully absorbed into the bloodstream. Additionally, their product is marketed towards menopausal woman, and the blood levels required there are likely not as high as they are for mitigating DHT.

The moral here is that metabolizing equol in the intestines is the most effective way to produce and more importantly, absorb equol into the body. In that respect, any supplement containing synthesized equol cannot compete with Proequol's equol output.

Finally, some of the results of our studies cannot be made public because Proequol is being marketed as a nutritional supplement. Only pharmaceuticals can make direct effectiveness claims. However, Proequol is not a pharmaceutical and we must market the product within legal limits.

Thank you,
    Black Bear Naturals, LLC"

Thoughts? anyone in the US willing to give this a go? Its DHT binder not 5ar inhibitor in theory, Cannot be shipped overseas at present

It will most likely work but the price of $30/month is way too low...equol is actually expensive to produce and somehow they're selling that much for that cheap. Something is fishy.

So assuming this works, whats the difference between this and fin or dut?
    Doesn't it essentially do the same thing or...?

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    So assuming this works, whats the difference between this and fin or dut?
    Doesn't it essentially do the same thing or...?
    fin/dut inhibits 5AR which is responsible for other functions besides DHT... equol only inhibits DHT.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    It will most likely work but the price of $30/month is way too low...equol is actually expensive to produce and somehow they're selling that much for that cheap. Something is fishy.
    Synthesized equol may very well be expensive to produce. Proequol facilitates the production of equol in the intestines, where it can be better absorbed.

I think Equol works similar to Keratene Alphactive Retrard. Its a DHT depressor and not a suppressor like Finasteride. However I didnt see enough study of it regarding hair loss like the ones I have seen for Keratene Alphactive Retard but I think it worths a bit of research.

Thanks COB984 for bringing this into attention. We really need to find alternative to Finasteride to reduce DHT in order to catch up future treatments in 2015.

This is their study regarding their product (Patent Application):-

https://docs.google.com/a/google.com...0120251511.pdf

Check out this photo from their website (very interesting):-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lifecycle.jpg

Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	19474  

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Proequol facilitates the production of equol in the intestines, where it can be better absorbed.
    uhm are you talking about taking PREBIOTICS in order to make your body naturally produce equol? Because that wouldn't work for many people

What were people's experience(s) here with the product Densiti? Seems Proequol is an updated version, made by the same company.

Wasnt Equol supposed to not reduce DHT at all, but just bind to it and prevent it from doing its thing?
    Atleast that was the hype when Folexen was around

The 3 DHT Fighting Weapons

Finasteride

Finasteride, a 4-azasteroid and analogue of testosterone, works by acting as a potent and specific, competitive inhibitor of one of the two subtypes of 5α-reductase, specifically the type II isoenzyme. In other words, it binds to the enzyme and prevents endogenous substrates such as testosterone from being metabolized. 5α-reductase type I and type II are responsible for approximately one-third and two-thirds of systemic DHT production, respectively. It has the chemical potential to penetrate the blood brain barrier and has the bio-chemical potential to influence the pineal gland, the processes that coordinate the production of lutropin, the correlation of the sex-binding hormone globulin, dhea, and many other related factors. In addition, it may increase on the long run the risk on malign prostate neoplasm with roughly 1.6%. Because the body perceives its molecule as a foreign chemical, the metabolic processes employed by the body to follows the same pathways as any other medication. Its considered as a DHT suppressor.

Keratene Alphactive Retard

It only depresses the total level of DHT by suppressing the conversion of the androgen Testosterone to DHT through the adhesion to the 5aRD enzyme by obstructing the transfer of hydrogen atoms to the Testosterone molecule and preventing its chemical reduction. The body process the substance as an organic element. Main ingredients are "Sterol complex, phytoextracts and saccharose".

S-Equol

It binds strongly to the DHT molecules. When DHT has S-equol attached to it, it is no longer a form of 'free DHT', i.e. it cannot cause MPB because the molecule is no longer able to bind to receptor sites. When there are sufficient levels of S-equol in serum, the DHT can be captured before it can cause damage, even the DHT that is inside hair follicles since S-equol is a small molecule and can enter the follicular cells.

These are the differences between these three treatments.