Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nobs
    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Pray The Bald Away
    I'm not sure how good the penetration will be but you need to apply it daily because Equol doesn't attack the source. 5ar2 won't need to regenerate DHT levels so there will be a constant stream towards the scalp. If you decide to wait, there will be a product coming out in 2017 that uses cationic liposomal penetration to deliver S-Equol. This will likely be better than a standard ethanol solution. In fact, I'm not sure where you could reliably find S-Equol. Do you have a supplier?
    Is there any evidence that it works topically? I'd like to know more about this product if you have more info. I don't think getting quantity of s equol would be terribly difficult since it is a naturally occurring substance and not a licensed chemical.

Comment

• bananana
      Inactive
      • Feb 2012

I took a 5hitload of it orally, but nothing happened, like 2 grams daily for 6 months...
      but I got it from China, who knows was it pure and at what level.

Comment

• Pray The Bald Away
        • Mar 2016

Originally posted by bananana
        I took a 5hitload of it orally, but nothing happened, like 2 grams daily for 6 months...
        but I got it from China, who knows was it pure and at what level.
        Orally is gonna require enormous doses and even then it may metabolize too quickly. Topically is definitely the way to go.

Comment

• Pray The Bald Away
          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by nobs
          Is there any evidence that it works topically? I'd like to know more about this product if you have more info. I don't think getting quantity of s equol would be terribly difficult since it is a naturally occurring substance and not a licensed chemical.
          https://www.google.com/search?q=s+eq...obile&ie=UTF-8 There's a lot of good info in this patent by Brigham Young University. There are more sources but this is a good place to start.

Comment

• nobs
            • Mar 2016

I was reading that nature's sunshine's product doesn't really specify whether its r or s equal, and reps for the company havent answered that question upon request. Naturemade, probably the biggest supplement company, was talking about releasing an s equol product some 4 years ago but there hasnt been any updates recently.

Comment

• Swooping
              • May 2014

I was reading that nature's sunshine's product doesn't really specify whether its r or s equal, and reps for the company havent answered that question upon request. Naturemade, probably the biggest supplement company, was talking about releasing an s equol product some 4 years ago but there hasnt been any updates recently.
              This is the right one ; https://www.otsuka.co.jp/en/product/equelle/

女性の健康と美容を応援する、大塚製薬のエルシリーズ「エクエル」「トコエル」。女性のライフステージに寄り添い、自分らしく、美しく、心地よく前を向ける毎日をサポートします。

You can buy it on e-bay.

Comment

• nobs
                • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Swooping
                This is the right one ; https://www.otsuka.co.jp/en/product/equelle/

女性の健康と美容を応援する、大塚製薬のエルシリーズ「エクエル」「トコエル」。女性のライフステージに寄り添い、自分らしく、美しく、心地よく前を向ける毎日をサポートします。

You can buy it on e-bay.
                Looks legit, Otsuka is a very reputable pharma company. It is on the expensive side, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try if it means just dumping it into a bottle of minoxidil and posting before and after pics.

Comment

• kuba197
                  • Jan 2016

ASM is a nonprofit professional society that publishes scientific journals and advances microbiology through advocacy, global health and diversity in STEM programs.

Comment

• kuba197
                    • Jan 2016

It seems to me that we are going to have a new maintance drug. If the price will be low, Fin or Dut will not be necessary anymore.

Comment

• nobs
                      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by kuba197
                      It seems to me that we are going to have a new maintance drug. If the price will be low, Fin or Dut will not be necessary anymore.
                      Anyone know why NatureMade has spent years studying s-equol instead of releasing a damn product already? It's not like they can patent the molecule since it is naturally occurring.

Comment

• Swooping
                        • May 2014

Anyone know why NatureMade has spent years studying s-equol instead of releasing a damn product already? It's not like they can patent the molecule since it is naturally occurring.
                        You want that specific product you buy from Otsuka.. Look at their site;

Not everyone can produce S-equol after eating soy. Therefore, Pharmavite LLC, a subsidiary of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., developed a rigorous clinical trials program to study a nutritional supplement containing S-equol to help manage menopausal symptoms. Additionally, researchers are studying S-equol for other potential health benefits.
                        supplement," said coauthor Belinda H. Jenks, Ph.D., director of Scientific Affairs & Nutrition Education at Pharmavite LLC, the makers of Nature MadeŽ vitamins and minerals and a subsidiary of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., which supported the study.

Comment

• burtandernie
                          • Nov 2012

It would be nice to see something like this that is affordable and can accomplish the same as propecia for just maintaining. If this worked though why would it not have sides just like propecia? This way or the enzyme the end result is just lower DHT

Comment

• nobs
                            • Mar 2016

Originally posted by burtandernie
                            It would be nice to see something like this that is affordable and can accomplish the same as propecia for just maintaining. If this worked though why would it not have sides just like propecia? This way or the enzyme the end result is just lower DHT
                            The problem with inhibiting 5 alpha reductase is that the enzyme is responsible for producing neurosteroids that are involved in sex drive, mood, and believe it or not tear formation. 5 alpha reductase inhibitors decrease tear formation leading to dry eye, and this is well documented.

Comment

• burtandernie
                              • Nov 2012

The problem with inhibiting 5 alpha reductase is that the enzyme is responsible for producing neurosteroids that are involved in sex drive, mood, and believe it or not tear formation. 5 alpha reductase inhibitors decrease tear formation leading to dry eye, and this is well documented.
                              Yeah actually I guess that is true. That is one of the big things that has kind of made me very hesitant to ever try finasteride myself over the years. The 5 ar 3 enzyme discovered after fin supposedly only stopped the 5-ar 2 is a little nerve racking when you consider how little anyone knows about the brain like neurosteroids. I mean anything going wrong there will never be fixable because no one has any idea how it works.
                              Yes for the last 25 years we have been wishing for a safer alternative to fin to just hair on our heads now yet alone regrowing anything. Still waiting.

Comment

• Pray The Bald Away
                                • Mar 2016

Originally posted by burtandernie
                                Theoretically, this would bind to DHT locally where it is applied. That would prevent the DHT from binding to the androgen receptor. Viola! No more baldness. Or no more balding, rather.

Comment

Working...