S-equol again

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thechamp
    • Jan 2011

Has any body ever tried mixing s equol with minoxdill honestly it could work like topical fin ??? Anbody thought of this ??

Comment

• bananana
      Inactive
      • Feb 2012

I tried equol for 3-4 months from that company folexen, that went bust. I bought shitload of pill (then sold them).
      Who knows what was in those pills, anyways - I didnt notice anything.

I'm willing to try it out again (REAL equol), pinotQ do you see any results from that massive dosage?

Comment

• cthulhu2
        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by thechamp
        Has any body ever tried mixing s equol with minoxdill honestly it could work like topical fin ??? Anbody thought of this ??
        I am pretty doubtful that this would work but it is possible. Topical finasteride works to the extent that it is absorbed into the bloodstream. Studies indicate that the two (topical and oral) finasteride are similar in efficacy and that finasteride is highly absorbed through the blood stream.

Therefore, its easier to take finasteride orally.

Comment

• thechamp
          • Jan 2011

I'm just wondering if any one has tried to add s equol to minoxdill because if it does bind to dht like people say , this could be a very effective topical why hasn't any body tried this topical ?

Comment

• kmit028
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by thechamp
            I'm just wondering if any one has tried to add s equol to minoxdill because if it does bind to dht like people say , this could be a very effective topical why hasn't any body tried this topical ?
            I have done a bit of reading on Equol from previous years threads and nope, no one has tried this as a topical.

We have an estimate (thanks to PinotQ) on how much we should take internally based on body weight. BUT we do not have any estimate as to how much is needed for a topical. And also what vehicle would work.

SO someone (maybe you) should buy some Equol and begin testing solubility and effectiveness as a topical.

Start with the standard Ethanol and PG (or BG) 70/30 vehicle OR just dump into Minox, and say 5% concentration (roughly one capsule per 1ml) and lets see if that yields any results (good/bad). Then increase/decrease conc. to see find optimal effectiveness...

Good luck who ever tries it and let us know how you go!

Comment

• cthulhu2
              • Jun 2014

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Commercial from Nature's Sunshine for Equolibirium. This in theory should help with hairloss and eliminate the cognitive downfalls seen by some finasteride users, however I haven't seen a study to date on the relationships between Equol and hairloss, combined with the fact that the supplement is rather expensive. I really want to try this but don't want to lose any finasteride gains by switching and experimenting.

I don't really doubt that their product is real, as they seem to be a large enough company and the fact that they are heavily marketing this particular supplement.

Comment

• Jcm800
                • Jan 2011

I'm afraid that video reminds me of that Keratene scam pill. Same kind blurb..

Comment

• PinotQ
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by kmit028
                  I have done a bit of reading on Equol from previous years threads and nope, no one has tried this as a topical.

We have an estimate (thanks to PinotQ) on how much we should take internally based on body weight. BUT we do not have any estimate as to how much is needed for a topical. And also what vehicle would work.

SO someone (maybe you) should buy some Equol and begin testing solubility and effectiveness as a topical.

Start with the standard Ethanol and PG (or BG) 70/30 vehicle OR just dump into Minox, and say 5% concentration (roughly one capsule per 1ml) and lets see if that yields any results (good/bad). Then increase/decrease conc. to see find optimal effectiveness...

Good luck who ever tries it and let us know how you go!
                  The patent where I got the dosing information I am trying also has a range of concentrations for topical use. http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20100076071

Comment

• PinotQ
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by Thinning@30
                    Thanks. At that rate you must be going through a bottle of capsules every few days! It must cost a fortune. I have read a bit on this stuff, and it seems interesting as sort of a general anti-aging product. It sounds like there is potential for DHT binding, but I can't imagine it would do anything for hair loss, other than possibly arresting it or slowing it down.
                    You are correct.................I am estimating $3,500 + for the year.

Comment

• PinotQ
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by bananana
                      I tried equol for 3-4 months from that company folexen, that went bust. I bought shitload of pill (then sold them).
                      Who knows what was in those pills, anyways - I didnt notice anything.

I'm willing to try it out again (REAL equol), pinotQ do you see any results from that massive dosage?
                      It is way too early to draw any conclusions.

Comment

• PinotQ
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by cthulhu2
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJV-e4RdVn4
                        Commercial from Nature's Sunshine for Equolibirium. This in theory should help with hairloss and eliminate the cognitive downfalls seen by some finasteride users, however I haven't seen a study to date on the relationships between Equol and hairloss, combined with the fact that the supplement is rather expensive. I really want to try this but don't want to lose any finasteride gains by switching and experimenting.

I don't really doubt that their product is real, as they seem to be a large enough company and the fact that they are heavily marketing this particular supplement.
                        I'm on both so I'll be a good test case for you.

Comment

• PinotQ
                          • May 2010

Originally posted by PinotQ
                          The patent where I got the dosing information I am trying also has a range of concentrations for topical use. http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20100076071
                          At 0117, here is the topical information: A product for topical application can comprise at least 0.001% or 0.01%, and up to 10%, by weight S-equol, or R-equol, or enantiomeric mixtures. Selected concentration ranges include from about 0.001% to about 3%; from about 0.001% to about 1%; from about 0.01% to about 3%, from about 0.1% to about 1%, from about 0.1% to about 3%, from about 0.1% to about 5%, from about 0.3% to about 1%, from about 0.3% to about 3%, from about 0.3% to about 5%, from about 0.5% to about 1%, from about 0.5% to about 3%, and from about 0.5% to about 5%. Typically, 0.01% to 1% is an effective concentration range that can be applied at a variety of intervals. In some cases, it is preferred to apply equol in a concentration of up to 5% to treat some pathological conditions or diseases. There are also instances in which a concentration of up to 10% may be required, due to the severity of a condition or disease, or because an individual is a non-equol producer, thus requiring administration of a greater amount of exogenous equol.

Comment

• bananana
                            Inactive
                            • Feb 2012

Ok guys,
                            I feel good about this. I'll give it a shot for a year. I just need to find shipping to my newly-EU country.
                            I found out that if you buy 9 bottles you get 3 for free, which is pretty sweet.

Comment

• cthulhu2
                              • Jun 2014

I feel like the only way to know if this is working is to get a blood test done before and after taking the supplement to see if it has an effect on serum DHT.

Comment

• hair200k
                                • Jun 2014

DHT Tests

Originally posted by cthulhu2
                                I feel like the only way to know if this is working is to get a blood test done before and after taking the supplement to see if it has an effect on serum DHT.
                                Agreed. I don't mind putting out 3500 a year if it delivers result. If I were to be putting that huge amount of money, I want to make sure that it is well worth it with quantified data to track its progress instead of just eyeballing it.

Comment

Working...