Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vred
    • Feb 2013

PinotQ

In theory, it seems S Equol would be superior to Fin and Ker as it directly goes after DHT, not indirectly by messing with enzymes which then effects DHT. Due to it's direct effects, and the fact that it appears to be readly absorbed as a topical, it seems the most effective treatment would be a S Equol application directly to the scalp DHT!! AWESOME

Comment

• vred
      • Feb 2013

Less than 6 months to go for the next commercial product that may actually work

Comment

• HARIRI
        • Nov 2012

If it really works, then I may use it together with Keratene alternatively. One day S-Equol and the other Keratene until I find solid concrete proof that it really works. Wishing all the best for cures that can replace the stupid FIN.

Comment

• vred
          • Feb 2013

Yup, me too Hairi.

The reason i've been so excited about S Equol is it is THE next available potential treatment. I also thought I remember seeing somewhere about it's anti-inflammatory characteristics. Blocking DHT + Anti Inflam =

We will see.

Comment

• Gjm127
            • Mar 2012

I don't get it, what phase are they in as of today?
            We haven't heard anything concerning efficacy, safety, or wtv (like we do with Histogen, Aderans, etc...)

Comment

• ryan555
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Gjm127
              I don't get it, what phase are they in as of today?
              We haven't heard anything concerning efficacy, safety, or wtv (like we do with Histogen, Aderans, etc...)
              I believe equol would be sold as a supplement and not as a pharmaceutical product, so it would not require FDA clearance. Some companies have already been selling the stuff in the past, but they were all small outfits and who knows if it was legit or not.

Comment

• Gjm127
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by ryan555
                I believe equol would be sold as a supplement and not as a pharmaceutical product, so it would not require FDA clearance. Some companies have already been selling the stuff in the past, but they were all small outfits and who knows if it was legit or not.
                suddenly I'm less excited..

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                  • Dec 2012

Guys, I really feel like you are getting too hyped up over this supplement. I think if it were to be anything of meaning, it would have been tested for hair loss and there would be doctors, and Spence, talking about it.

Comment

• vred
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                    Guys, I really feel like you are getting too hyped up over this supplement. I think if it were to be anything of meaning, it would have been tested for hair loss

and there would be doctors, and Spence, talking about it.
                    Valid point, BUT..

As far as I know, Nature Made is the first legit manufacturer of S Equol. As mentioned earlier, there were a couple shady outfits, but nothing professional. And that's not even including those supplements that tried to get your body to produce S Equol. Apparently the reason it has not been commercialized until now is that it is very expensive to manufacture.

This is the first time a pure S Equol supplement will be available from a reputable source. So as you say about testing for hair loss.. Here's our chance!!

There is solid science behind it's DHT neutralizing effects. And i'm talking directly, not through enzymatic suppression. Combine this with the fact that it is an anti inflammatory and can be applied topically and we potentially have the latest and greatest weapon.

IMO while it's nice to dream about treatments that may come out in the next 5 years, there's not much I can do about them except wait. What I can do is research and test what we have available NOW, who knows right? And S Equol very soon will be NOW. I believe the forums are perfect for things like this.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by vred
                      Valid point, BUT..

As far as I know, Nature Made is the first legit manufacturer of S Equol. As mentioned earlier, there were a couple shady outfits, but nothing professional. And that's not even including those supplements that tried to get your body to produce S Equol. Apparently the reason it has not been commercialized until now is that it is very expensive to manufacture.

This is the first time a pure S Equol supplement will be available from a reputable source. So as you say about testing for hair loss.. Here's our chance!!

There is solid science behind it's DHT neutralizing effects. And i'm talking directly, not through enzymatic suppression. Combine this with the fact that it is an anti inflammatory and can be applied topically and we potentially have the latest and greatest weapon.

IMO while it's nice to dream about treatments that may come out in the next 5 years, there's not much I can do about them except wait. What I can do is research and test what we have available NOW, who knows right? And S Equol very soon will be NOW. I believe the forums are perfect for things like this.
                      It would be interesting to get a transplant doctor or dermatologist's perspective on this..

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by vred
                        Valid point, BUT..

Here we go again...

S equol has been tried and tested.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                          • Dec 2012

Yeah guys, sorry to bust your bubble, as I would love this to work too..but it doesn't

Comment

• ryan555
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
                            Yeah guys, sorry to bust your bubble, as I would love this to work too..but it doesn't
                            Says who? When has it been tested and failed?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by ryan555
                              Says who? When has it been tested and failed?
                              exactly my point...if it were anything serious it would have been tested...researchers would be interested in this more than topical finasteride and other preventative treatments.

Comment

• vred
                                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                                Here we go again...

S equol has been tried and tested.
                                When? Where?

Are you referring to that fly by night company that shut down very quickly?? Yeah, that was probably legit S equol...

Or are you referring to that company that sold probiotics and said to drink a bunch of soy??

Either way, no, I don't believe it has been tested as you say. The only legit suppliers of S Equol I have found in the past were labs that sold the stuff for hundreds of dollars for barely a few days worth of treatment. Are you saying that someone here put out of thousands of dollars to test S Equol from them??

So no, S Equol, the real thing, has not been tried. Why is everyone so quick to dismiss a legitimate possible treatment available in a few months yet will debate for days about treatments out in 5 yrs at best?? Very confusing.

Comment

Working...