+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: S-equol again

wait in the finasteride bit it states ' In other words, it binds to the enzyme and prevents endogenous substrates such as testosterone from being metabolized.'

Isnt this the exact same thing as keratene? i thought keratene was different because it adheres to 5ar and fin reduces 5ar, from your description it also seems like fin adheres to 5ar,
    so wheres the difference?

I don't want to hijack the thread as its about S-Equol

But I will paste the answer that the Keratene company given me about the difference:-

Are there differences between KaR (Keratene Alphactive Retard) and Finasteride?

Yes. Kératene alphactive Retarde is completely different than finasteride.
    Finasteride is a synthetically engineered molecule, with specific chemical properties.
    Kératene alphactive Retarde is an organic compound, not synthetically engineered.
    Finasteride has the chemical potential to penetrate the blood brain barrier (see latest FDA updates on fda.gov) and has the bio-chemical potential to influence the pineal gland, the processes that coordinate the production of lutropin, the correlation of the sex-binding hormone globulin, dhea, and many other related factors.
    In addition, it may increase on the long run the risk on malign prostate neoplasm with roughly 1.6%.
    Because the body perceives its molecule as a foreign chemical, the metabolic processes employed by the body to follows the same pathways as any other medication (see cytokine reduction), whereas in regard to KaR, the body process the substance as an organic element.

It does not interfere with the endocrine production of hormones, of hormone precursors, of enzymes or related peptides. It also does not influence the shbg or lutropin, fact that defines its “libido-friendly” characteristic.
    In other words... enjoy the goods without the damage.
    Up to date, no user reported any sort of erectile dysfunction or libido problems.

I personally find that S-Equol is the safest but most of its users didn't report noticeable good results. Its been sold as Folexen from Australia and I was following it closely. That is why I decided to go with Keratene Alphactive Rertard as a replacement for Fin, however if anyone out there had positive outcomes and results with using S-Equol regardless which brand then please let me know.

So far Keratene Alphactive Retard and S-Equol are the only DHT depressors available in the market beside FIN.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by HARIRI View Post
    I personally find that S-Equol is the safest but most of its users didn't report noticeable good results. Its been sold as Folexen from Australia and I was following it closely. That is why I decided to go with Keratene Alphactive Rertard as a replacement for Fin, however if anyone out there had positive outcomes and results with using S-Equol regardless which brand then please let me know.

So far Keratene Alphactive Retard and S-Equol are the only DHT depressors available in the market beside FIN.
    Folexen from Australia is probably a scam, I used it for 3 months, didn't notice anything whatsoever, I still have a bunch of unopened bottles (if anyone by chance wants to buy ). The company went bust very soon.

Therefore we should judge s-equol from a TRUSTED or proven source.

Sometime last year, someone posted on TBT that a representative from Pharmavite told them that release of their S-Equol product was scheduled for the second quarter of 2013. I have emailed various contacts at Pharmavite and Nature Made but they have not responded to confirm their release date. I have done quite a bit of research on S-Equol as I believe it has a high probability of shutting down the degradation caused by DHT. The dose being used by Pharmavite in their consumer trials is 10 MG per day split 5 mg in the am and 5 mg in the pm. Based on research data from some of the clinical trials, I believe it would take 40 to 50 mg to shut down DHT. I can probably find the report if anyone is interested. Based on the half life of S-Equol in the body (you can read the details on Pharmavites website), it would appear that the optimum dosage might occur by taking the product 3 times per day rather than 2. I would also note that safety concerns with S-Equol should be minimal as it occurs naturally in about 30% of the overall population. In the course of consumer and clinical trials, they also uncovered reason to believe that S-Equol helps reduce Metabolic Syndrome (associated with heart disease and diabetes) and it helps reduce "crows feet", possibly related to the reduction of androgenic activity in the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    Sometime last year, someone posted on TBT that a representative from Pharmavite told them that release of their S-Equol product was scheduled for the second quarter of 2013. I have emailed various contacts at Pharmavite and Nature Made but they have not responded to confirm their release date. I have done quite a bit of research on S-Equol as I believe it has a high probability of shutting down the degradation caused by DHT. The dose being used by Pharmavite in their consumer trials is 10 MG per day split 5 mg in the am and 5 mg in the pm. Based on research data from some of the clinical trials, I believe it would take 40 to 50 mg to shut down DHT. I can probably find the report if anyone is interested. Based on the half life of S-Equol in the body (you can read the details on Pharmavites website), it would appear that the optimum dosage might occur by taking the product 3 times per day rather than 2. I would also note that safety concerns with S-Equol should be minimal as it occurs naturally in about 30% of the overall population. In the course of consumer and clinical trials, they also uncovered reason to believe that S-Equol helps reduce Metabolic Syndrome (associated with heart disease and diabetes) and it helps reduce "crows feet", possibly related to the reduction of androgenic activity in the skin.
    Interesting. Please keep us updated on this. Also, have you researched Keratene? What are your thoughts on it?

Differences between equol products (from a post at *** forum):

"...To clear up some of the discussion about Proequol and equol supplements:

Any equol supplement, such as Pharmavite, would be unlikely to be potent enough to have a sufficient levels of equol, in vivo, to fully mitigate DHT. Through our years of studies, we have determined that 100 ng/ml of unbound equol in blood plasma is the minimum level needed to mitigate DHT. By our estimates (based on urine levels of equol), Pharmavite may only provide 1/12th of those blood levels because not all of the equol contained in the capsule/tablet will be fully absorbed into the bloodstream. Additionally, their product is marketed towards menopausal woman, and the blood levels required there are likely not as high as they are for mitigating DHT.

The moral here is that metabolizing equol in the intestines is the most effective way to produce and more importantly, absorb equol into the body. In that respect, any supplement containing synthesized equol cannot compete with Proequol's equol output.

Finally, some of the results of our studies cannot be made public because Proequol is being marketed as a nutritional supplement. Only pharmaceuticals can make direct effectiveness claims. However, Proequol is not a pharmaceutical and we must market the product within legal limits.

Thank you,
    Black Bear Naturals, LLC"

It's in the first post too

It sounds good but they need to show at least the results they're allowed to publish. Keratene has done well by giving people solid numbers, even if we don't know the end-result on hair maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by custards View Post
    It's in the first post too

It sounds good but they need to show at least the results they're allowed to publish. Keratene has done well by giving people solid numbers, even if we don't know the end-result on hair maintenance.
    I agree with you.

Conpecia, I haven't been able to find the study suggesting 40 to 50 mg of s-equol would bind 100% of dht although I will continue to look as I will rely on this information once s-equol is released. However, I did find this study:

http://openi.nlm.nih.gov/detailedresult.php?img=3032666_1477-7827-9-4-2&query=the&fields=all&favor=none&it=none&sub=none &uniq=0&sp=none&req=4&simCollection=1952536_200414 19f2&npos=21&prt=3

which shows in the chart that binding is 100% at a concentration of 100 nmol/L. If you then go to Pharmavite's website page regarding pharmacology:

http://www.naturalequol.com/pharmacokinetics.aspx

you will see that 30mg of s-equol reaches a concentration of 1,200 nmol/L 1 hour after dosing. In other words, 30 mg, 1 hour after dosing is at 12 times the concentration needed for 100% binding to DHT. Pharmavite's pharmacology page states that the half-life for s-equol is 8 hours. Although I'm not sure exactly how this works, but just using simple math, the concentration of 30 mg s-equol 8 hours after dosing should be at 6 times that needed for 100% binding. So if I am interpreting this data correctly, there should be plenty of margin for error in suggesting that 20 to 25 mg twice a day or 15 mg 3 times a day should reach 100% binding of DHT.

Can you suggest a few of the best places to read up on Keratene? I had not heard of it before reading this thread.