+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: S-equol again

I think Gronholm and cthulhu2 covered the other questions pretty well.

I've taken the first blood test. I'll begin taking equolibrium again starting tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Adaku View Post
    I think Gronholm and cthulhu2 covered the other questions pretty well.

I've taken the first blood test. I'll begin taking equolibrium again starting tomorrow.
    I applaud your work adaku, it will be nice to finally have an answer to the equol theories/rumors.

Inactive

I'll post it here, instead of opening new thread:

I'm interested in ordering equol in bulk, because 60 pills would last me a mere 15 days (if taken appropriate dosage), and cost way too much,
    for a sustainable treatment ($35 per box + at least $20 shipping). Therefore I'm looking to team up with someone willing to create a members account @ NS, because members get 35% discount, and I believe further discounts might be possible if taken bulk. I'm looking to buy a years supply.

...and something interesting I've found - chinese bulk equol, said to be for "medicine" use, therefore probably usable for oral consumption? What do you guys think? Worth checking out?

tnx

I guess only time will tell if equol turn out to be yet another expensive disappointment.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by bananana View Post
    I'll post it here, instead of opening new thread:

I'm interested in ordering equol in bulk, because 60 pills would last me a mere 15 days (if taken appropriate dosage), and cost way too much,
    for a sustainable treatment ($35 per box + at least $20 shipping). Therefore I'm looking to team up with someone willing to create a members account @ NS, because members get 35% discount, and I believe further discounts might be possible if taken bulk. I'm looking to buy a years supply.

...and something interesting I've found - chinese bulk equol, said to be for "medicine" use, therefore probably usable for oral consumption? What do you guys think? Worth checking out?

tnx
    UPDATE:
    I've got news, I found chinese manufacturer of >99% pure equol, they're selling a kilo for $1000+ ballpark.
    Is anyone interested in sharing the expenses (and goods), and/or does anyone have info on a lab that can analyse a sample?

tnx

First results are back (no equol): DHT 44 ng/dL. That looks like it's in the normal range, but I can't get anything about specifics for age. I'm in my early 20s. Does anyone have a reference range?

I'll be taking the next test within a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by bananana View Post
    UPDATE:
    I've got news, I found chinese manufacturer of >99% pure equol, they're selling a kilo for $1000+ ballpark.
    Is anyone interested in sharing the expenses (and goods), and/or does anyone have info on a lab that can analyse a sample?

tnx
    I understand trying to buy in bulk to keep the price down like that. I'm skeptical of the quality of the equol coming from China though. I'd definitely have it analysed if you're going to purchase it. It looks like PinotQ might've found a lab that'll test equol (not specific to R or S) that you might give a try, but I don't know what the name is.

Im not sure why you guys are looking for s equol instead of 8-PN. First its not a synthetic molecule but an extract and second its in my opinion far more powerful to "lock" DHT... I would be cool to have a topical formula containing 8-PN

I understand trying to buy in bulk to keep the price down like that. I'm skeptical of the quality of the equol coming from China though. I'd definitely have it analysed if you're going to purchase it. It looks like PinotQ might've found a lab that'll test equol (not specific to R or S) that you might give a try, but I don't know what the name is.
    I actually having a very hard time finding a company to analyze the equol. My most recent inquiry this week has not drawn a response.

First results are back (in lo equol): DHT 44 ng/dL. That llike it's in the normal range, but I can't get anything about specifics for age. I'm in my early 20s. Does anyone have a reference range?

I'll be taking the next test within a couple of weeks.
    I recall reading that dht levels are higher in our 20's, which is why finasteride is typically more effective for ppl in their late thirties and early 40's. I too couldnt find age groups and average dht levels unfortunately.