+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: S-equol again

Quote Originally Posted by cthulhu2 View Post
    Thank you for the detailed post! I think I will wait to see what kind of results you get before buying the product. One more question, have you noticed any sides from the supplement related to finasteride, or have you never taken finasteride?
    I have taken finastride and used minoxidil for years and I have never noticed any sides from either product. Thru 8 weeks on s-equol, I have not noticed any sides. Since I have never had any sides from anything, I am probably not the best anecdotal example. I have not seen any reported side effects from s-equol in any of the studies.

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Where can I buy s equol from I wonder if I will gain weight from this like I did from propecia ? Do you hoenstly think this is effective for hair loss ?
    You can buy s-equol from Nature's Sunshine......just google it. Possibly also available from Nature Made soon but no word on a release date. I do believe s-equol has the potential to shut down hairloss. Finasteride does not eliminate DHT, it just reduces it which can halt hairloss and result in some improvement. But as Dr. Rassman has said, DHT will eventually win the battle. This has been my experience. Finasteride halted my hairloss for years and I did see some slight reversal. But finasteride has gradually become less effective and DHT is winning the battle. It's all speculative at this point but here is how I look at it: It is a fact that s-equol binds to DHT with high affinity; It is not a fact that s-equol has been proven 100% safe and side effect free at any dosage, but given studies to date and the fact that s-equol appears in natural producers at 20 times higher levels than the dosage I am using, without side effects, I believe that safety, at my dosage level, is not only a reasonable assumption but highly likely; It is a fact that people naturally missing the 5 alpha reductase enzyme, who cannot therefore produce DHT, do not suffer from androgenic alopecia; The issue, in my mind, is then: What is the dosage that will eliminate DHT, and will the cost be prohibitive.

You can buy s-equol from Nature's Sunshine......just google it. Possibly also available from Nature Made soon but no word on a release date. I do believe s-equol has the potential to shut down hairloss. Finasteride does not eliminate DHT, it just reduces it which can halt hairloss and result in some improvement. But as Dr. Rassman has said, DHT will eventually win the battle. This has been my experience. Finasteride halted my hairloss for years and I did see some slight reversal. But finasteride has gradually become less effective and DHT is winning the battle. It's all speculative at this point but here is how I look at it: It is a fact that s-equol binds to DHT with high affinity; It is not a fact that s-equol has been proven 100% safe and side effect free at any dosage, but given studies to date and the fact that s-equol appears in natural producers at 20 times higher levels than the dosage I am using, without side effects, I believe that safety, at my dosage level, is not only a reasonable assumption but highly likely; It is a fact that people naturally missing the 5 alpha reductase enzyme, who cannot therefore produce DHT, do not suffer from androgenic alopecia; The issue, in my mind, is then: What is the dosage that will eliminate DHT, and will the cost be prohibitive.
    Interesting. What dosage do you take? I couldn't seem to find any information on the Nature Sunshine website about the contents of the pills. Is the product thought to convert people to S equol producers?

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning@30 View Post
    Interesting. What dosage do you take? I couldn't seem to find any information on the Nature Sunshine website about the contents of the pills. Is the product thought to convert people to S equol producers?
    The Nature's Sunshine product contains 6mg of equol per capsule. It isn't a product that helps you convert soy to s-equol. I take 48 mg 3 times per day. See posts above for more detail.

The Nature's Sunshine product contains 6mg of equol per capsule. It isn't a product that helps you convert soy to s-equol. I take 48 mg 3 times per day. See posts above for more detail.
    Thanks. At that rate you must be going through a bottle of capsules every few days! It must cost a fortune. I have read a bit on this stuff, and it seems interesting as sort of a general anti-aging product. It sounds like there is potential for DHT binding, but I can't imagine it would do anything for hair loss, other than possibly arresting it or slowing it down.

Has any body ever tried mixing s equol with minoxdill honestly it could work like topical fin ??? Anbody thought of this ??

Inactive

I tried equol for 3-4 months from that company folexen, that went bust. I bought shitload of pill (then sold them).
    Who knows what was in those pills, anyways - I didnt notice anything.

I'm willing to try it out again (REAL equol), pinotQ do you see any results from that massive dosage?

Has any body ever tried mixing s equol with minoxdill honestly it could work like topical fin ??? Anbody thought of this ??
    I am pretty doubtful that this would work but it is possible. Topical finasteride works to the extent that it is absorbed into the bloodstream. Studies indicate that the two (topical and oral) finasteride are similar in efficacy and that finasteride is highly absorbed through the blood stream.

Therefore, its easier to take finasteride orally.

I'm just wondering if any one has tried to add s equol to minoxdill because if it does bind to dht like people say , this could be a very effective topical why hasn't any body tried this topical ?

I'm just wondering if any one has tried to add s equol to minoxdill because if it does bind to dht like people say , this could be a very effective topical why hasn't any body tried this topical ?
    I have done a bit of reading on Equol from previous years threads and nope, no one has tried this as a topical.

We have an estimate (thanks to PinotQ) on how much we should take internally based on body weight. BUT we do not have any estimate as to how much is needed for a topical. And also what vehicle would work.

SO someone (maybe you) should buy some Equol and begin testing solubility and effectiveness as a topical.

Start with the standard Ethanol and PG (or BG) 70/30 vehicle OR just dump into Minox, and say 5% concentration (roughly one capsule per 1ml) and lets see if that yields any results (good/bad). Then increase/decrease conc. to see find optimal effectiveness...

Good luck who ever tries it and let us know how you go!